ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

Traub

What a one-sided WC this has turned into. A procession for India.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Ehh. ODIs today and 20 years ago are essentially different games. He will go down as the GOAT, but as somebody that saw the 90s. I'd say that ODIs today aren't nearly as much as a contest. My two cents is that nobody from the last 10-15 years can be the batting GOAT. And this isn't counting Viv who was the outlier in the 80s as well.
No will replicate Sachin's form from 97-99 stint. Sachin & Viv will forever be the ODI batting GOATs. Kohli can be no.3

crappycraperson

Scout
What a one-sided WC this has turned into. A procession for India.
2015 was the same, just that Oz that loss in group stages against NZ that made people think that NZ had a chance in the finals. ODI is just a dead format IMO, time to retire it for T20s and Tests.

NM

2015 was the same, just that Oz that loss in group stages against NZ that made people think that NZ had a chance in the finals. ODI is just a dead format IMO, time to retire it for T20s and Tests.
I really like the idea of 2 inning T20s. Sachin had proposed something like it sometime back.

Sylar

Let NZ bat. The Indian bowlers aren't off to a great start.
Yeah, NZ might get a great platform to make things interesting and put pressure on Indias bowlers / fielders

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Last couple of pages reminds me of all those shite drafts we used to have on here. Discussing the averages of ancient cnuts and never ending arguments about the relative strength between eras.

prateik

Aus/SA need to win the toss, bat first and score 400 in the finals.. the only way to make it interesting.

Skills

Snitch
It's still very format dependent.

Look at openers averages in the English summer, even with our Bazball success. Its tough out there.
It's tough to survive because of DRS. So you may as well just try and score runs while you're out there - that's the way I see it.

This is a good video with Murali, Hussain and Atherton - and they're talking about how much harder it would be now to face a bowler like Murali because of DRS. I think that applies to fast bowlers as well, you just have to offer way more shots now than you did in the past.

crappycraperson

Scout
Aus/SA need to win the toss, bat first and score 400 in the finals.. the only way to make it interesting.
Ahmedabad is a bit different. But today game was over as soon as India won the toss. Batting first and taking advantage of swing under lights at Wankhede was the only chance NZ had.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Has Williamson ever not gone at a snails pace for a chase?

zing

Zingle balls
Kuldeep looks like he’ll get hammered any time.. bowling lacks something. Not enough spin, lines are weird.

Jadeja looks good. I don’t expect Nz to escape middle overs without a wicket. So despite them looking decent, I think a wicket will significantly change things.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
NZ have a base but the run rate is becoming an issue for them. Williamson needs to go faster, in particular.

Sylar

One of them does need a SR of 150ish soon. NZ need a big over or two.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
You can keep the run rate around 8.5-9 until the final 10 and still back yourself. They’ll be wise to do that here.