If De Gea goes to Real, what's the best deal we can get from them?

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
So Marca are currently reporting we are either looking €75m or €25m + Morata.

But with Varane, Bale, Isco, James etc in team who would all command a starting place for us, given the choice, what would be our best option?

Mainoldo

Bale. Value for money he is the only one that makes sense. Shame Kroos wouldn't leave.

Trizy

They won't part with their midfield or defence.

I'd like Bake but he's wages are huge. Isco is also an unbelievable player.

Womp

idiot
Bale. Value for money he is the only one that makes sense. Shame Kroos wouldn't leave.
If he wasn't a crock who relied so heavily on his physical attributes I'd agree.

I'd personally take Isco and money.

Anduin

Isco would be the dream, but he's been brilliant lately for them and there is no way they'll part ways, no matter the offer. Either Bale or Morata + money, anything else is just either impossible or not really interesting from our point of view.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Cristiano? We'll walk the EPL with no other signing.

I'm well aware this won't happen as Jose doesn't get on with him.

Skills

Snitch
They're valuing Morata at 50m euros? They nutty? 50m plus Morata is a better deal.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Isco/Kroos.

Modric, Cristiano, Benzema and a few others are too old to be of the same long-term value as DDG, so would be either Kroos if Mourinho thinks he can make the midfield work with Kroos, Herrera & Pogba or Isco as he's young, quality and will work everywhere.

Also, Varane & Bale seem to be struggling with injuries a lot.

Last edited:

Ian Reus

For me, it has to be at least a player included in any deal as we already have money. It's the pick of players we don't have.
So with that, Varane plus cash.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Bale is a crock and far too big a risk for big money.

Assuming he's going it's either an enormous amount of money or a player we really need, not just a player deemed as worth a lot.

Womp

idiot
For me, it has to be at least a player included in any deal as we already have money. It's the pick of players we don't have.
So with that, Varane plus cash.
Was a big fan of Varane, what's the situation with him? Still injury prone? Looked set to be the best CB around for a while.

NotQuiteManc

Isco.

He would be brilliant to have against very defensive team that wouldn't leave their own box. Current United struggled against such team.

pacifictheme

Morata plus 25 million. Would be happy with that tbh.

Swap deals never happen sadly.

applemacdan

Would make Madrid pay through the nose for him. Make a statement.
Too many times have we let players leave the club on the cheap to European clubs. Madrid consider themselves to be European Royalty, and the price should be sky high, like any player would be if Utd were approaching them.

Although any potential release clause in his contract could stop this.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bale 100% but I'd make sure we have Griezmann tied up first. But imagining going to see Bale and Griezmann in the same team at Old Trafford thatwould be mouth watering.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A big fee. Don't want any of their rejects because they most likely won't let go of the ones we'd really want. Only James the one worth thinking about. Morata isn't what we need.

I'd just take the money and buy Bernardo Silva.

BIGbadBOO4

Bale is a crock and far too big a risk for big money.

Assuming he's going it's either an enormous amount of money or a player we really need, not just a player deemed as worth a lot.
Agree, the boat has sailed with Bale. If they want De gea then we need to tell them who we want.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Either a terrys chocolate orange and Isco/Bale or a world record fee for a GK.

Ian Reus

Was a big fan of Varane, what's the situation with him? Still injury prone? Looked set to be the best CB around for a while.
I don't really follow Spanish football tbf. But i recall someone say he just fell out of favour under Zidane.

Last edited:

BenjaminP

I would love €25m + Varane.
Varane Baily would be our first choice partnership. As much as I love Jones and Rojo, they are too injury prone, and Rojo is still recovering from injury.
Varane Baily Rojo Jones would be good enough 4 CBs to challenge for major titles next season.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
The deal will be morata + Varane for De gea with no money being involved. United dont want or need the money.

Murray3007

same as Jones, looked promising, never develpoed to the level expected, well so far anyway.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I would love €25m + Varane.
Varane Baily would be our first choice partnership. As much as I love Jones and Rojo, they are too injury prone, and Rojo is still recovering from injury.
Varane Baily Rojo Jones would be good enough 4 CBs to challenge for major titles next season.
That is huge undervaluation of de gea. Varne is worth 35 million and Morata at 50 million.

Andersons Dietician

If Bale didn't have the calf problem then it would be a no brainer. He I think would be sort of a risk to take now.
Varane really seems to have dropped off so not sure on that.
Isco always admired and the last few months he has been incredible so I'd would easily take him.
Morata would also be good, again another I've been really impressed with over the years. The complete modern striker.

tomaldinho1

No swap - just cash. Make it an embarassingly large deal for RM - they are desperate for him and will pay through the nose if they have to. For once we are in a position of strength and DDG isn't throwing toys out of the pram.

RAVred

Would want 60 million pounds at least, hopefully 65, cant see us squeezing 75 out of them but I honestly would try to get at least 70 if I was Woodward, or bust. Theirs really no other spanish keeper that can even match his level at the moment and Real are always desperate to have one. He doesn't seem too desperate to leave yet either and his wages are great with us and the fans love him, whilst in Real many players face scrutiny in rough patches.

If its a swap deal then one with varane and around 25 million pounds is good for us. Dont think we'll get morata if I'm being honest, and his attitude isnt the greatest; dont think Mourinho would appreciate that.

But if we keep him its great... Yes romero is also outstanding, but DDG has more years left, god forbid career ending injuries, and is a much better prospect and goalkeeper right now as well. That being said, if we look at it in the way it could develop our squad (if our budget is actually somewhat limited this season), then getting a high fee for him is probably better.

But I'd just love to see him become a legend in the ranks of VDS for United (yes schmeichel was better, but I admire him more and he was more relevant whilst I grew up).

Other than Varane theres no player in Real that would fit us perfectly other than CR7 (but he's not worth a straight swap either especially as Mou and him dont get along), that they would actually offer us in the swap. We could use the likes of Isco or Kroos, but they've been phenomenal for them this season, and are irreplaceable for Madrid (Kroos as he's one of the worlds best at his role, if not THE best, and Isco, because he's on his way to becoming a superstar and is Spanish, probably the most talented Spanish player at the moment other than DDG by a fair distance).

Last edited:

ricky-romeo

a year ago bale without a doubt. his injuries are something to be worry about now.

at this moment i'll say kroos or maybe varane. would automatically sort out our defense/midfield.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
£60mil. Not a penny less.

In a few years it will look like we were ripped off just like the £80mil for Ronaldo.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
The deal will be morata + Varane for De gea with no money being involved. United dont want or need the money.
If we lived in a world where football players were Panini stickers you'd probably be right.

No way we will ship off Varane this summer, we're not stacked with central defenders ourselves.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Possibly... but if Zlatan can do it at 35, pretty sure Cristiano is good for 40+ goals at 32.
Zlatan was a free transfer and we weren't banking on him being around long. If we're talking a player from Madrid it should be a good long term fit.

Ronaldo is not gonna happen anyway.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Zlatan was a free transfer and we weren't banking on him being around long. If we're talking a player from Madrid it should be a good long term fit.

Ronaldo is not gonna happen anyway.
Agreed

Eddy_JukeZ

People citing Isco and money are a bit silly imo

It'd maybe be a straight swap or us offering money to get Isco.

He's been sensational this season. If there was any chance of getting him, I'd do it.

Bale is another shout, but too much of a risk.

So I'd rather just get the money.