If Keane was here...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
None of our players would open any social media account, even club.

MUFC OK

He would have imploded by now and rendered his position untenable, after the Brighton or West Ham games at the latest, as he did following that 4-1 shambles against Middlesborough. His teammates would probably just be scared of him, his influence wouldn't even help much, as it didn't towards the end of his career.

I can remember him absolutely stinking out the place at OT in the champions league in one of his last games, like lukaku level bad from last night but with more effort, obviously.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
The players would all be banned from Instagram and all social media.

I would actually like that.

Needham

He'd rarely get the chance to do that lame rolly polly celebration.

Revaulx

He would have imploded by now and rendered his position untenable, after the Brighton or West Ham games at the latest, as he did following that 4-1 shambles against Middlesborough. His teammates would probably just be scared of him, his influence wouldn't even help much, as it didn't towards the end of his career.

I can remember him absolutely stinking out the place at OT in the champions league in one of his last games, like lukaku level bad from last night but with more effort, obviously.
Likewise. People seem to have forgotten this.

Anyway, the main problem last night wasn’t lack of effort. As it also hasn’t been for the last few games.

SirAF

Ageist

Anyway, the main problem last night wasn’t lack of effort. As it also hasn’t been for the last few games.
I remember him matching Gerrard blow for blow in his last United match.

Sb_16

Jose wouldn't have survived with such cowardly game plan.

MUFC OK

it's everything, we put in effort but are easily disheartened, we lack quality compared to the best teams, we have no cohesion or pattern to our play. Players are under instruction to stop the opposition from playing, we would have needed a miracle to score against that Juve team.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Cnuts!

I just did this thread this morning! :nono::lol:

Oh well!

If Keane was here, our players would need counselling.

Red_Ramirez

Peak Roy Keane 1996-2001 would be a dream

A world class midfielder who would give us 9/10 performances week in week out

And would probably eek out another 10% out of these snowflakes:)

Matt007a

We'd be in exactly the same situation we're in now. He'd most likely have lost the plot and found himself thrown out again.

Not sure where this myth, that having a scary captain running the dressing room would actually help us came from. The game has changed and players have changed. Does anyone really think that social media is to blame for our current plight? Does anyone believe that every other club isn't exactly the same? You could argue about whether players are soft and too pampered now, but it doesn't stop other clubs and dressing rooms from functioning perfectly well.

Our manager is playing an outdated style of football and using out of date man management techniques, but the solution is to bring in a captain from the past who falls into the exact same category?

Reactions: SteveJ

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
He’d have been sent off last night for decking one of his team mates...

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Note to others, if you’re writing more than a sentence or two in reply to this thread you’re doing it wrong.

This is a tongue in cheek thread, don’t take it too seriously.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
We'd be in exactly the same situation we're in now. He'd most likely have lost the plot and found himself thrown out again.

Not sure where this myth, that having a scary captain running the dressing room would actually help us came from. The game has changed and players have changed. Does anyone really think that social media is to blame for our current plight? Does anyone believe that every other club isn't exactly the same? You could argue about whether players are soft and too pampered now, but it doesn't stop other clubs and dressing rooms from functioning perfectly well.

Our manager is playing an outdated style of football and using out of date man management techniques, but the solution is to bring in a captain from the past who falls into the exact same category?
You're taking this thread way too seriously :lol:

Beside you're missing the point of this thread

Matt007a

You're taking this thread way too seriously :lol:

Beside you're missing the point of this thread
I'm well aware this thread is tongue in cheek, but I've seen a lot of comments elsewhere which suggest some people seriously think it would change things. I just chose this one to reply to.

Coops73

He would of got Triggs to hump the shit out of Atom and Humber.

Revaulx

it's everything, we put in effort but are easily disheartened, we lack quality compared to the best teams, we have no cohesion or pattern to our play. Players are under instruction to stop the opposition from playing, we would have needed a miracle to score against that Juve team.
Agreed. It's a great shame that the one player who is always able to provide leadership (Young) isn't very good.