If Real offered us Bale in a straight swap for De Gea would you take it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwithabone

Yes, I know it'd probably never happen so it's not to be taken too seriously !

I'd take that deal though. As crucial and point saving as a great keeper can be I think Bale's worth would out do that of DDG's. Bale is a bit injury prone which would be a consideration and his career span as a world class player probably has another four or five years tops to run given his reliance on that surge of genuine pace. De Gea could easily surpass Bale by eight or nine years at the very top end of the game.

Thoughts ?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
If we're losing De Gea either way then probably. If we can otherwise keep him then no.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Sure. But doubt that would even happen.

Klopp_De_Klown

NO. Who'd wanna sign a crock?

We have prob 3 of them already... Tryin to get rid, not sign more.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Yes, romero is sufficient, Bale would add a different dimension to our attack.

prtk0811

No, Bale does not want to play for this shirt, and he's injury prone. I"d take ronaldo instead.

Stringer

If Bale could remain fit then I'd happily take the swap. He could win the PL for United.

AndyJ1985

If De Gea wanted to leave and Bale wanted to join us, yeah I would.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
If Bale could remain fit then I'd happily take the swap. He could win the PL for United.
In fairness that's a pretty big condition considering the question.

BebétheBest

What's the point in replacing one World Class player that seemingly doesn't want to be here with another that also doesn't want to play for us?

Bale had his chance but decided to go off to Madrid and eh score the winning goal in a Champion's League final I suppose..

Good luck to him.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I'm not a fan so let him threat his injuries in Madrid.

Devil may care

Bale is a world class forward and a dynamic attacker that would lift the crowd inside OT, something we've lacked since Ronnie left, the concern of course is his injury issues of late, especially given our luck. However if De Gea wants to go then yes, I'd prefer Bale than money.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I probably would. The gamble is over Bale's fitness. If he stayed fit I'm sure he'd give us more points than the difference between De Gea and an adequate replacement. Especially with our difficulties converting chances. That's obviously a big if though.

Bojan11

What's the point in replacing one World Class player that seemingly doesn't want to be here with another that also doesn't want to play for us?

Bale had his chance but decided to go off to Madrid and eh score the winning goal in a Champion's League final I suppose..

Good luck to him.
Real Madrid or joining Moyes.

Can you blame him? Plus Spurs would have sold him for a lower fee to Madrid rather than us.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
No. Bale might be permanently broken now. I've gotten quite tired of players that can't stay fit.

Al-T

No. Absolutely the last thing we need is another injury prone player. Fed up with players that are always picking up injuries and can't stay fit. And if he came here against his wishes, he's hardly likely to be on board with Mourinho's wanting players that will play through the pain for the club.

If Madrid want DDG then he's got to want to go and Madrid will have to pay our valuation or do one. No problem at all with us playing hard ball.

Eddy_JukeZ

Isco yes.

Bale no. He can't stay fit at all lately.

This is assuming both would open to a move here.

wolvored

a 25 year old Bale who was fit then yes, but now hes crocked all the time and its only going to go one way. Remember Hargreaves? No

VanHaal'sRedArmy

His inability to consistently be on the pitch is concerning. Rather stick with a winger like Perisic and keep Dave.

remember me

No
Bale's injury record would be a concern & let Real pay through the nose for De Gea if a bid happens (I doubt they will actually put the required money up this summer)
Swaps rarely happen anyhow
Less % for the agents

cj_sparky

No, Bale has far too many injury issues.

If Real really want De Gea, then they will have to stump up the cash.

Don't want any of Real's other over priced cast offs either.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Labelling him as injury prone is harsh no? This is the first season in a while he's had a significant number of lay offs

kthanksbye

Too injury prone, the English game being more physical would mean he'll pick up more knocks which wouldn't help. Also, I'm a little skeptical about his abilities against parked defenses.
Having said that, his attributes are that of a match winner. Not easy to decide, but I'd say no.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
People complaining about our transfer targets and then passing on trading one of the most exciting players in football for a damn goalkeeper. Jeez.

I'd take Bale and give them £40m if the lad wasn't injury prone. A straight swap and I'll roll the dice on him staying fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.