If ten Hag was sacked tonight, who would you have as an interim?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I dont give a feck about XG. I care about the actual results first. He did not punch at his weight for 2 out of 3 seasons so stop giving absolute bollocks arguments because his XG was nice.

His XG had him 4th when he finished 2nd, it has ten hag 6th when he was 3rd. XG as a standalone metric is just daft, you're better than this.
Predictable answer, don't know why I bothered.

When faced with evidence like you asked for you can't handle it. Laughable.

Much better to perform comfortably like a bottom half side.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Predictable answer, don't know why I bothered.

When faced with evidence like you asked for you can't handle it. Laughable.

Much better to perform comfortably like a bottom half side.
There is no evidence for you to point to. You can't actually explain why he scraped past a side that was relegation a season ago, to finish in the top 4 by the skin of his teeth.

There is no evidence that he punched at his weight for 2 out of the 3 seasons. You're relying on secondary stats in a strawman argument, refusing to recognize he should have been more comfortable in those seasons.

Leftback99

There is no evidence for you to point to. You can't actually explain why he scraped past a side that was relegation a season ago, to finish in the top 4 by the skin of his teeth.

There is no evidence that he punched at his weight for 2 out of the 3 seasons. You're relying on secondary stats in a strawman argument, refusing to recognize he should have been more comfortable in those seasons.
You're right, you've convinced me, by offering absolutely nothing to counter it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You're right, you've convinced me, by offering absolutely nothing to counter it.
Not trying to convince. Pointing out the bollocks that he "punched at his weight" in his tenure, which he didn't.

He had one standout season, sandwiched in two underwhelming ones. It's that simple.

Robbie Boy

Ole's best spells were his caretaker spell and his second full season. The rest was meh. Not one post-Fergie manager has put together two consecutively promising seasons.

Leftback99

Not trying to convince. Pointing out the bollocks that he "punched at his weight" in his tenure, which he didn't.

He had one standout season, sandwiched in two underwhelming ones. It's that simple.
Yeah you 'pointed it out' and I backed up my claim with solid evidence. You've provided nothing to the contrary to prove otherwise. As usual you've lost this one.

Robbie Boy

@Leftback99 since you have no agenda and all that. I take it you'll be just as strong in your defence of ETH when he's gone? You know, when people call his whole spell shite, I expect to see you there fighting the good fight highlighting that he had one pretty decent season. That would be fun to see.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah you 'pointed it out' and I backed up my claim with solid evidence. You've provided nothing to the contrary to prove otherwise. As usual you've lost this one.
The solid evidence is that he scraped into top 4 on the final day of the season. That's more damning than your XG nonsense.

XG had wolves at 4th that year (!) There's a reason why XG on its own is a stupid stat, and you're applying it thinking it vindicates a narrative that doesn't exist :lol:

Leftback99

@Leftback99 since you have no agenda and all that. I take it you'll be just as strong in your defence of ETH when he's gone? You know, when people call his whole spell shite, I expect to see you there fighting the good fight highlighting that he had one pretty decent season. That would be fun to see.
I don't understand? Why would I say he didn't have a decent season?

Followed it up with our worst since SAF.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
@Leftback99 is a mare of a poster to be honest. He won't go back and see Ten Hag as a manager that punched above his weight for one season and below in the next. Hel just generalise on the season he likes to, just like he tried with Ole.

Robbie Boy

I don't understand? Why would I say he didn't have a decent season?

Followed it up with our worst since SAF.
Huh? Did you misunderstand a really simple question. Will you be vehemently defending him like you do with Ole when he's inevitably going to be hammered. I'm curious. If you don't, it would be weird.

Leftback99

The solid evidence is that he scraped into top 4 on the final day of the season. That's more damning than your XG nonsense.

XG had wolves at 4th that year (!) There's a reason why XG on its own is a stupid stat, and you're applying it thinking it vindicates a narrative that doesn't exist :lol:
Xg is nonsense, "because VP89 says so" . Is the best you've got.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Ten hag in his better year had more clean sheets (17 vs 13), better point per game (as you know), similar shots overall, but a lot more big chances being created (84 vs 68 for Ole), and yes slightly fewer goals per match (1.53 vs 1.92).
I must say I admire your utter dedication and passion for ten Hag, as well as your ability to present facts in a way that make him look so much better than he actually was. 'Better points per game' when it's a mere 1 point (which given the context of that Ole season has no importance whatsoever), but only 'slightly fewer goals per game' when it's actually quite a significant 15-goal difference. :lol:

Leftback99

Huh? Did you misunderstand a really simple question. Will you be vehemently defending him like you do with Ole when he's inevitably going to be hammered. I'm curious. If you don't, it would be weird.
Nah I didn't misunderstand it. You tried with a 'gotcha' but failed.

Leftback99

Where's the gotcha. Will you be vehemently defending ETH like you do with Ole? It's a genuine question. After all, you claim to have no agendas.
I don't 'vehemently defend' anyone. You just jump at any mention of Ole and make it into something that isn't there.

Lyng

Saying that he has system is also very generous.

Kidding aside, i had great faith in him. I expected system from Ajax. I got.....whatever this is.
Yeah same. Pretty much lost all my interest in Ten Hag when he came out and said he wanted to do something completely different

lex talionis

I don’t vehemently defend ETH but I have two things to offer here:

Forget about a caretaker/interim and let’s let ETH finish out the season.
xG and all x stats are great for debates at the pub at not much else.

Robbie Boy

I doubt I'll forget how bad we've played all season. Overshadows the other.
Cool, thought as much. I guess some people can't forget how shite we were during various times during Ole's time here, especially his final season. That should be understandable.

Leftback99

Cool, thought as much. I guess some people can't forget how shite we were during various times during Ole's time here, especially his final season. That should be understandable.
Difference is one was deservedly sacked when performances went south for 12 games. The other we've been stuck with worse for more than 32 and counting.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Difference is one was deservedly sacked when performances went south for 12 games. The other we've been stuck with worse for more than 32 and counting.
It's almost as though one had twice the time in the job with nothing to show for it compared to the other. feck me this logic you have is too funny :lol:

Robbie Boy

I know...

That wasn't the conversation. Don't play silly buggers like that other poster earlier by twisting things and pretending not to understand simple questions and statements. I asked you a question, you answered eventually. I then highlighted that a-lot of people don't have particularly fond memories of Ole's time here. But, that seems to bother you.

Leftback99

It's almost as though one had twice the time in the job with nothing to show for it compared to the other. feck me this logic you have is too funny :lol:
That league cup win over Newcastle does so much heavy lifting for some of you :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That league cup win over Newcastle does so much heavy lifting for some of you :lol:
It's more he's been in the job half the time, and gets more patience than someone who's been in the job twice as long, barely performing at required standards for 2/3rds of it.

Morpheus 7

He'll be finishing the season regardless of results now, not sure why it's being discussed. It will be a new manager in the summer. Not even sure what an interim manager does now.

Leftback99

I know...

That wasn't the conversation. Don't play silly buggers like that other poster earlier by twisting things and pretending not to understand simple questions and statements. I asked you a question, you answered eventually. I then highlighted that a-lot of people don't have particularly fond memories of Ole's time here. But, that seems to bother you.
You mentioned his final season specifically (12 league games). Pales into insignificance compared to a full season playing like this.

Robbie Boy

You mentioned his final season specifically (12 league games). Pales into insignificance compared to a full season playing like this.
I didn't make any comparison :confused:

He had a lot of shite spells during his tenure, I also mentioned that...

Castia

Both managers aren’t good enough there’s not much of an argument to be had

ETH can’t have any complaints if he’s sacked. Hes been backed with a lot of money spent on some of his former players that just haven’t impressed. The football is complete dog shit regardless if we win or lose.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I know...

Irony is dead.

frostbite

Isn't it obvious?

We just have the cup to play for...

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-record-against-pep-guardiola-4-november-2021

Solskjaer has won four of his eight meetings with Guardiola in all competitions, which is the best win rate of any manager to face the former Barcelona boss at least five times.

Ole is also the only manager to have beaten Guardiola more times (four) than he has lost to him (three) – again, that's of those who've faced Pep in at least five matches.

Melville Red

I dont think they are going to sack him. I feel they will probably give him atleast one more season.
Thing is even if he was sacked, the next manager would still have the same cowardly and average at best squad to play with.
In that case it’s up to Eric to sack off Rashford.
His whole attitude let alone performances stink the club out and have an adverse effect on the players. Drop him and send a message to others who think they can get away with not putting in the effort, it’s all part of management, but will he? I don’t think he has the backbone to do it, as soon as he says he’s fit again he will be back in the starting 11, it’s all rather sad as the team plays much better without Rashford who has fast become the new Pogba.

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Isn't it obvious?

We just have the cup to play for...

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-record-against-pep-guardiola-4-november-2021

Solskjaer has won four of his eight meetings with Guardiola in all competitions, which is the best win rate of any manager to face the former Barcelona boss at least five times.

Ole is also the only manager to have beaten Guardiola more times (four) than he has lost to him (three) – again, that's of those who've faced Pep in at least five matches.
Is there a cup for that?