If Woodward sticks with Van Gaal will you renew your season ticket or membership?

Fener1907

:lol:

I got a great little "mini" season ticket one season around then.

Got it for about 5 games at the run in, and got Everton, Chelsea x2 , The Schalke semi, and the Blackpool game where we were awarded the trophy.
I saw Leeds knock us out of the FA Cup. Have that.

hp88

How easy is it to move as an existing season ticket holder do you reckon?

I've got a great ET2 seat, dead central very low down, but have the angriest most obnoxious kent you could hope to meet spark behind me, so wouldn't mind moving ever so slightly!
This going back 5 or 6 years now so the process might have changed. We all had to email the ticket office to say we wanted move, had to do this as soon as the renewal letter came. We then had to renew our seats and then wait a few days before calling the ticket office and asking to move seats. We were given about 4 different options in Stretty, went for 26 rows up in 3103 which is more or less right in the middle of Stretford End.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This going back 5 or 6 years now so the process might have changed. We all had to email the ticket office to say we wanted move, had to do this as soon as the renewal letter came. We then had to renew our seats and then wait a few days before calling the ticket office and asking to move seats. We were given about 4 different options in Stretty, went for 26 rows up in 3103 which is more or less right in the middle of Stretford End.
Ah, thought you might have more recent experience.

I did it 2 years ago, as my original "get anything remotely alright" season tickets were about 3/4 back in ET2, dead centre though.

Moved them about 20 rows down, which is excellent, bar our friend behind.

Will no doubt renew, and then ask the question, but don't want to move too much, or go up a band in price, as that just makes shifting harder for games I can't make.
Back row of ET1 centre would probably be ideal, cannot have an idiot behind you there!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I saw Leeds knock us out of the FA Cup. Have that.
That goal was infuriating, the way Beckford completely miscontrolled the ball, and it flukily dropped perfectly for him, in an otherwise nothingness game.

Stretford End Phil

Good post. I totally agree with where you're coming from. In this day and age if you are expected to part with such a high amount of money, in return you should at least get some entertainment factor. You shouldn't just pay that amount in hope of something happening, which sadly is now the case. I think when Giggs takes over as manager it could get worse to (but that's for another thread).
Thanks mate, didn't see these posts until now. Simply cannot imagine Giggs as manager after the LVG debacle.

Well said Phil, great post. The Stretford End will be worse off for losing a decent red. The board and club should hang their heads in shame for the treatment of fans like yourself. Not until this commercial beast that they've created in place of our football club loses it's teeth & the deals start falling by the wayside, will they once again (hopefully) turn their heads back towards football and winning. Genuinely sad times for Utd.
This. It makes me cringe these days when the fans sing the Man Utd Calypso... "If they’re playing in your town, get yourself to that football ground. Take a lesson, you will see, football taught by Matt Busby!" Matt Busby is surely spinning in his grave at the pathetic excuse for football they're serving up week in week out.

If Van Gaal is still in charge by renewal date, I won't be renewing my ST either. For shame.
Thanks mate, appreciate the compliment.

FacerTheRed

why would you not renew it, you get a season ticket because you support the club and in my book you do that thought the good and the bad .
You don't just pay a lot of money for a season ticket just to support, you also their for entertainment! Now i'm not season ticket holder as i cant afford it but if i was, i would question myself if its worth renewing if this kind of football continue to be like this. Now doesn't mean i'm no longer supporting my team anymore as nowadays you can support your club in many ways than attending the actual matches, but you cant blame them to question themselves of renewing a £500+ season ticket. Some fans have fell in love & supported Manchester United because of its way of football, its passion, loyalty, attacking & never say die attitude. but what we watch this season is not even football at all.

Like you said, you have good periods and you have bad periods. But this is neither, this is like not even playing the game at all which is even worse. So like i said, i understand that some fans are thinking of not renewing their season tickets because of this kind of football is being played, but doesn't mean they're no longer supporters of this club. They're just not supporters of this kind of football.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
why would you not renew it, you get a season ticket because you support the club and in my book you do that thought the good and the bad .
It depends on your relationship with the club, personally I feel that the club as less and less respect for the fans and see them like bags of money. I don't even think that they have the respect that a seller will show to a consumer, I feel that because fans loves the club, the board think that they can exploit them without huge consequences.

miler7

Sat at a desk deciding when I want to go home
I don't have a season ticket but a family member does. If I did I would think about splitting the cost and hoping to get a game where we play well (hard to guess I know) Living in Guernsey it isn't cheap to get over to watch a game but I am taking my Mrs to her 1st game in April (vs Everton :annoyed: (with a family members season ticket)) Just hope to see a win and possibly score in the 1st half :)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
There was saying - you can change yer wife, change yer golf handicap, but never change yer footy club!
That doesn't hold water anymore as fans of FC United have shown. I understand what you're thinking but we never walk away from our memories. They remain as strong now as when we first went, in my case in the 60s.

But I'm actually sick of the whole MUFC plastic experience from the weasel words of Mitten to the panderings of Giggs. The football is atrocious and LVG has gone beyond the ludicrous. While we had a great squad of players it was mildly tolerable but I have no affinity to this lot. Mata, who I thought better of, spent most of his second half hands on hips waiting to to be called off. The Captain takes the piss every week on his stupid salary. I truly don't understand Fellaini, I wouldn't trust him to serve the tea on target at half time. Ultimately this lot don't deserve the shirt.

Then announcing an ST price freeze like it's doing us a favour and then asking for the money in advance is taking the piss. At the same time penalising fans who don't buy FA cup tickets. And, when there is less than full house due to mild protests, ensuring there is no official attendance record anywhere to show reduced numbers. That's censorship for money and frankly MUFC LTd can get lost
That is an absolutely wonderful post which sums up my feelings. Coming from a guy who has watched us since the 60's makes me so damn angry that they have alienated fans like yourself. This is what I call a proper passionate but educated supporter with some damn pride.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Of course, I'll renew.

I'll also call Van Gaal a cnut.
:D

I see a lot of non-ST holders in this thread going on about how they wouldnt renew if they had one which is pretty irrelevant really - it is shame that a few ST holders say they wont renew, although from the reasons given that is not just down to LvG and the entertainment value - the most important thing is that vast majority say they will renew and thats the way it should be!

clarkydaz

:D

I see a lot of non-ST holders in this thread going on about how they wouldnt renew if they had one which is pretty irrelevant really - it is shame that a few ST holders say they wont renew, although from the reasons given that is not just down to LvG and the entertainment value - the most important thing is that vast majority say they will renew and thats the way it should be!
he will be gone soon regardless if pushed/jumps

Mora-16

I have an adult season ticket and an under 16 which not because of our performances but because I unfortunately relocated to London I want to sell,as can't get to many games due to work commitments.
They are in SAF stand.
Anyone interested please PM me.
They cost me £860.
Will take genuine offers.

Stretford End Phil

That is an absolutely wonderful post which sums up my feelings. Coming from a guy who has watched us since the 60's makes me so damn angry that they have alienated fans like yourself. This is what I call a proper passionate but educated supporter with some damn pride.
Thank you for your kind post and comments. Actually the alienation started in the 90s with the all seater stadium and the massive price hikes. I saw fans who had been regulars humbled; with family commitments, many literally wept at having to give up due to the costs. Many had been the stalwarts when the club went down and suffered the dross of Sexton. But, OT wouldn't budge an inch to help - just took the money and waited for the arrival of the prawn buttie brigade. However, I truly respect the lads who continue to renew but I notice many are not 'my' generation.

The last of 70s/80s hardcore must be a distinct minority - the stubborn resistance that OT always wanted out, even when we were crap. That's fair enough, because we took for granted that 25 years of crap with one or two cups entitled us to bitch and moan - and they always hated being in our debt. Many of the older fans and our opponents knew how unusual and powerful our support was - from O'Farrell to Fergie - when other clubs went down or failed. The Doc often said the energy on our terraces drove the club back to the top, which is a contrast to a club that now drives the fans to the early bus. The old days were not better but the spirit forged then was special. That distinction of being special has been stretched and tested, the fans leaving early on Saturday proved its fast fading.

hp88

Not the best time to bump this but if this carries on I think a few will ST holders will think twice before parting with their cash in May.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Did anyone see the program on TV yesterday about the Cayman Islands as a tax haven? I didn't really rate the program, it was all over the place, attacking both companies that used the Cayman model, but also the people who lived there; but apart from that it did say that MUFC channel their profits through there to avoid UK tax. Not sure that is right in my opinion - our club avoid paying taxes that would benefit the services that UK supporters rely on, presumably to line the Glazers pockets even more. That puts me off more than the shite performances on the pitch.

Will Absolute

Did anyone see the program on TV yesterday about the Cayman Islands as a tax haven? I didn't really rate the program, it was all over the place, attacking both companies that used the Cayman model, but also the people who lived there; but apart from that it did say that MUFC channel their profits through there to avoid UK tax. Not sure that is right in my opinion - our club avoid paying taxes that would benefit the services that UK supporters rely on, presumably to line the Glazers pockets even more. That puts me off more than the shite performances on the pitch.
I've never heard of any business, anywhere, that pays more tax than it needs to.

lysglimt

Scout
Not living in the UK so not really an option for me - but I try to see a couple of games each season at least. This year it's not really an option. Why would I spend hundreds of Pounds for travelling, hotel and the ticket to Watch something this bad ?

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
I've never heard of any business, anywhere, that pays more tax than it needs to.
Yeah I know it's common practice, but that doesn't make it morally right. Especially with a football club that's privately owned, so at the heart of it the main people benefiting are the owners.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I didn't it's been a good 6 months since I've been to OT, NEWBORNS Eh?