If you could change the outcome, or one specific moment, from a single match what would it be?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Stole this question from a Podcast I was listening to.

It would have to be THAT Aguero goal for me. That goal absolutely killed me. I would have QPR KEEP THE FECKING BALL like any normal team would in the last seconds of a match. Wankers

Yours?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

It would have to be THAT Aguero goal for me. That goal absolutely killed me. I would have QPR KEEP THE FECKING BALL like any normal team would in the last seconds of a match. Wankers

Yours?
Delaying the inevitable with that, really.

Scholes offside goal vs Porto in 2004 would be the one for me. We'd have another CL title if they'd got that call right.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Delaying the inevitable with that, really.

Scholes offside goal vs Porto in 2004 would be the one for me. We'd have another CL title if they'd got that call right.
And we would have been saved from the sight of Jose hauling ass down the touchline. Would he have cracked the big time if that didn't happen? Probably. But still, a big moment for him that expedited his career to the top of the game.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I'd hope we beat City in that match we played them( we lost to the Kompany header) so we'd get another title or have us beat Barca in one of the CL finals.

lex talionis

The Scholes offside v Porto is an outstanding shout. The linesman had a clear view but botched it all. Cost us a CL trophy.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
First one that springs to mind was Beckham kicking out at Simeone in the World Cup. I reckon we'd have gone on to win it that year.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The Aguero moment likely never would’ve happened if Evra (I think) had scored to make it 5-2 against Everton.

Our collapse happened in that game, we lost the title when we drew 4-4.

OleBoiii

1. Scholes' wrongfully disallowed goal against Porto that quite possibly made Mourinho's career and a big part of Chelsea's success.

2. The Aguero moment. No explanation needed.

3. Nani's red card against Real. Not only was it a bullshit decision that most likely cost us the game, but Fergie deserved a better end to his CL career than that.

4. Our loss against Villarreal in the EL final. I don't really give a feck about that trophy, but I'm tired of the old "but Ole hasn't won anything" argument. It would be nice to get that annoying distraction out of the way so that we could focus on the primary objective.

slored1

Going slightly controversial here but Rafael red vs Bayern in 2010. We would have gotten Lyon then and got to the final. Was a miserable season in the end.

On a different note, Landon Donovan not scoring vs Algeria in the WC 2010. Slovenia would have qualified to the knockouts for the first time in our history, we would have played Ghana as well. Such a big chance missed...

lysglimt

Scout
Not one of you would have changed something in the England - Italy game ? :)

Gandalf

The Aguero moment likely never would’ve happened if Evra (I think) had scored to make it 5-2 against Everton.

Our collapse happened in that game, we lost the title when we drew 4-4.
That Fellaini goal was like a dagger. Still can't believe the way QPR rolled over but honestly it would not have mattered if we had not had a melt down.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That thing that happened in that game against Chelsea in 2014.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I feel like this kind of question is asked here many times in various different ways and the answer is always Iniesta 2009.

Last edited:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Rafael sending off vs Bayern.

We win that tie, rest Rooney and win another Champions League.

Big Andy

Bloke
Birmingham vs Blackburn - Nov 2015.

I had a massive accumulator on, and would've won just over £27,000 if it had come in. I had Birmingham to win, they drew 0-0, they had loads of shots but none on target.

I didn't even have a cashout as there were 3 last minute goals in other games I'd chosen that ended up right. That would've changed my life at the time as I'd just gotten divorced and was swimming in debt after it.

Kag

I instantly thought of the Scholes (non) goal so it’s good to see that others are still as pissed off about it nigh on twenty years later.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Evra hitting the woodwork in the 4-4 against Everton in 2011/12. He scores that we've got 5 and the title is ours.

Close behind: the Scholes offside. The Rafael red card against Bayern. Nani red card against Madrid.

Also, now that I think of it, the referee failing to apply the rules in the build up to Chelsea's goal against us in 2009/10. Never should have stood. Blatant foul.

Also (I must've edited this post like ten times already) F***KING West Ham heroics on the last day of the season in 1995. Any one of the God knows how many Ludek Miklosko saves. Just let the ball F'N GO IN!

Also, Roy Keane getting injured in 1997-98 against Leeds when we were running away with the title.

I need to leave this thread cos I'm going to start talking about Dortmund, Monaco and Leverkussen next.

Last edited:

big rons sovereign

Yours?
Annoying as the goal is, I could never understand how tevez got away with swinging one at Joey Barton but Barton was sent off for his reaction.
City have been immune to that sort of stuff ever since.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
It may sound stupid and embarrassingly underwhelming compared to many key moments.

But I would prefer LVG to not substitute Di Maria in that infamous loss to Liecester City.

I don't know but why I feel that moment ruined everything for us that season.

arnie_ni

It may sound stupid and embarrassingly underwhelming compared to many key moments.

But I would prefer LVG to not substitute Di Maria in that infamous loss to Liecester City.

I don't know but why I feel that moment ruined everything for us that season.
If you're picking a moment in that game it's the foul on Rafael that wasn't given.

That started the comeback and a complete change in style of play under lvg

Drizzle

Out of all of our European misadventures, and there have been too many, the one that stays with me was going out to Leverkusen in the 2002 CL semi. Unbelievable missed opportunity. Seem to remember Barthez being tiny finally counted against him at some point during that tie.

What made it worse was that somehow I'd won 2 tickets to the final in Glasgow earlier that week on the uefa website, and we only had to beat blood Leverkusen. Argh.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That thing that happened in that game against Chelsea in 2014.
The fecking slip.
Nah, not for me. Nobody would be talking about or memeing it if the one moment I would change never happened: Company's flukey fecking 40 yarder. Still expect it to hit the cross bar even today. :(

Notice how the slip has become irrelevant now that we have won the league.

Edit: and if Stevie hadn't slipped we would have missed the perfect storm window to sign Klopp.

DepaysCowboyHat

Birmingham vs Blackburn - Nov 2015.

I had a massive accumulator on, and would've won just over £27,000 if it had come in. I had Birmingham to win, they drew 0-0, they had loads of shots but none on target.

I didn't even have a cashout as there were 3 last minute goals in other games I'd chosen that ended up right. That would've changed my life at the time as I'd just gotten divorced and was swimming in debt after it.
Ill choose this game aswell

Red Star One

Am I really the first one to mention either of Barça CL finals? We could’ve well been the first time in history to have defended the European title. Has to be that game

matherto

Out of all of our European misadventures, and there have been too many, the one that stays with me was going out to Leverkusen in the 2002 CL semi. Unbelievable missed opportunity. Seem to remember Barthez being tiny finally counted against him at some point during that tie.

What made it worse was that somehow I'd won 2 tickets to the final in Glasgow earlier that week on the uefa website, and we only had to beat blood Leverkusen. Argh.
We’d have lost to Madrid.

matherto

Am I really the first one to mention either of Barça CL finals? We could’ve well been the first time in history to have defended the European title. Has to be that game
There wasn’t a moment in a either game where we looked like winning. Change the outcome of course to have us win, but that Barça team deserved it both times.

JB7

Yeah we wouldn’t have been the first team to defend the European Cup unless we had a time machine.

VanKenny

Dembele 1 vs 1 chance at the end VS Liverpool at Camp Nou. Going to Anfield with a 4-0 lead would have been a different story i think. Confidence would have been twice as much than with the 3-0, when for some reason the team crumbled down after the first goal.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I would cut off the big toe of Casillas' right foot during the warm up of the 2010 wc final.