Iker Muniain

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I'm almost a bit shocked this lads name hasn't been brought up.

I've taken the effort this season, upon purchasing GolTV on a years subscription, to watch the Spanish league... although like in England, it seems like it's a 2-horse race, the league seems to have upped the ante for the first time in awhile, not since Beckham was in Real white did I regularily watch the Spanish league, and it's safe to say then that mid-table match-ups arent what they used to be... they're fantastic.

I'm a huge English and French football enthusiast, so anything in Spain or happens in Spain is restricted to match reports or replays... but this year, different story.

I decided to dwell into the surprise package from the early start, Athletic Bilbao, and their clash against Espanyol.

Rewind to August 30th

His name is Iker Muniain, and on the surface it seems clear: A strong but small forward with brilliant physical traits, a technical game to be in awe of, an eye for creativity and a edge for goal. He appeared to posess the Spanish flair and looked composed as a player who's well into their career.

I was in awe, after observing him coming off the pitch, that the announcer said he was "the youngest player to have donned the club's shirt in the league."

:eek:

16, yes, 16 years old, running and taking control of the game, and influencing the oppositions defensive units by attracting double teams, and breaking down midfields with a deceptive touch.

To my dissapointment I had to wait 73 minutes for his appearence against Espanyol, but even with the match down to a snails pace, Muniain came in and injected a youthful energy, creating chances and nearly adding a second to their 1-0 winning scoreline.

In an age where young players grab headlines, and I reluctantly decline to believe the hype, this lad has taken control of my football observations, and hopefully we see more of him, in the likes of a big club, soon.

Anyone else watch this lad?

Brophs

The One and Only
That read like a Wikipedia page written by the person who the page is about. Are you his agent by any chance?

I'll look out for him though, sounds impressive at that age.

Ekeke

Cant say I've seen him. But now I know the name I'm sure I'll keep an eye out for him.

Some proof he exists :

ch7

Muniain scored for Athletic Bilbao at the weekend against Valladolid to become the youngest player to ever score in La Liga at 16 years and 289 days, this comes after scoring twice in the Europa League so far this season.

I saw him for the first time for Athletic Bilbao against Werder Bremen last week and you couldn't miss him. He is a squat figure with a low centre of gravity, good dribbling and importantly he seemed to make very good decisions with his passing in the final third. He also seems to be a confident character squaring up to some Bremen players after they continually fouled him, they couldn't handle his pace and trickery.

Joseba Etxeberria is confident he will be world class, I think he is certainly a player to look out for.

Enigma_87

You know who
youtube video: check.
looking good there: check.
young: check.
did a stepover in the video: check.
short: check.

verdict: sign him up.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Muniain scored for Athletic Bilbao at the weekend against Valladolid to become the youngest player to ever score in La Liga at 16 years and 289 days, this comes after scoring twice in the Europa League so far this season.

I saw him for the first time for Athletic Bilbao against Werder Bremen last week and you couldn't miss him. He is a squat figure with a low centre of gravity, good dribbling and importantly he seemed to make very good decisions with his passing in the final third. He also seems to be a confident character squaring up to some Bremen players after they continually fouled him, they couldn't handle his pace and trickery.

Joseba Etxeberria is confident he will be world class, I think he is certainly a player to look out for.
Glad to see someone else looking out for this lad, he has all the potential in the world

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought he was going to be a superstar. Still a good player nonetheless