I'm a little bit worried

TonyMontana

Plase help me Redcafe. Help me to increase my confidence in the team.

quethenoo

Was the performance today not enough? Despite the result it was very encouraging, not many teams will go to the bridge and equal chelsea if not better them this season. Still not firing on all cylinders but it gave me a lot to be optomistic about.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
We outplayed a full strength in top form Chelsea side on their own pitch without:

Berbatov
Vidic
Ferdinand
Hargreaves
Park
Neville
Nani
Form

OF which only one of whom was even on the bench...showing the depth in our squad is fantastic and even missing a few key players against one of the strongest teams in the world we can still outplay anyone anywhere.

Todays game has actually given me greater confidence than ever that we can win the league this season...we showed today we are every bit as good as Chelsea and on todays performance better than them even without arguably half a team...

4everUtd

"But every single game I play [is a highlight
We outplayed a full strength in top form Chelsea side on their own pitch without:

Berbatov
Vidic
Ferdinand
Hargreaves
Park
Neville
Nani
Form

OF which only one of whom was even on the bench...showing the depth in our squad is fantastic and even missing a few key players against one of the strongest teams in the world we can still outplay anyone anywhere.

Todays game has actually given me greater confidence than ever that we can win the league this season...we showed today we are every bit as good as Chelsea and on todays performance better than them even without arguably half a team...
park,neville or nani would have made no different,park is slowly being frozen out thank god

OneUnited24

Oh god no we are 5 points behind the league leaders, we will never win the league, the team is crap and i want Ronaldo back.

For gods sake grow up, these things happen, sure we deserved a point from the game but it never happened so what? Even after having a some what difficult start to the league we are still in there with all the chance to challenge and you want us to help you get confidence in the team? grow up.

unitedgogi

I can't, in the short-term at least. While we played much better today than I expected, we seriously lack "goals from nowhere". I don't expect us to lose many games but I can see us drop points where we previously should have won.

In the midfield and attack, we don't have players apart from Rooney and Fletcher that are obvious first choice and it will cost us this season since we won't be consistent enough. It's nothing that can't be solved by one or two players really making a progress and one or two major acquisitions. We have a good squad and will be fine but I think this season we will finish second or third and this will give us a chance to see which players we should sell or keep and make two major purchases before the next season when we probably will be in much better position compared to the competition. Sometimes you just need to let a season go to form a good base for the long-term and I think this can be that season.

championo

Top Stalker
We have played 18 games, if you go back four years, only the 06/07 team had scored more goals than this team at this moment in time.

dar10nian

Fletchers biggest fan
With Fletcher and Anderson in any midfield 3, we'll always have a chance. Our defence is solid, and Evans looks the real deal. The only prob is how to replace Ronaldo. Undoubtedly, we've not become a poor team overnight, but without Ron, we're not that good going forward. Valencia seems decent, but nowhere near Ron's class.

Adebesi

I came so close to breaking one of my long-held rules and doing one of those annoying "this" posts.

Actually, feck it.

This.
Good save. Because you didnt actually do it, did you?

We still look depleted - from last year and even more so the year before. Some nice football, great workrate but somehow it doesnt look quite as inevitable that we will score. The theory was when Ronaldo left a few players had to step up to fill that gap (it was always going to be several players stepping up as opposed to a like-for-like replacement). So far we have some encouraging prospects but as yet it doesnt make up the difference - in fact it doesnt really come close. I think it will happen though.

INF-AMOS

I am not down at all, i always say united are like a good middle distance runner and always seem to do better tucked in on the shoulder of the pace setters on the last bend so to speak coming into spring.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the performance today and the fact that it took the renties a dodgy goal to win what they shouldnt have makes me think our lads will be even more determined to do em by May.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Plase help me Redcafe. Help me to increase my confidence in the team.
Not sure I can do that - we're probably not the best team in the league this season

But then, we really can't expect to win the league every season

We're a very good side, one or two players short of being an absolutely terrific side. We've won the league the last three seasons, and got to the CL final the last two. And this season we're right up there, competing hard against the other top teams, even if we're not at our very best.

So all in all things are pretty good.

GDH

Bloody hell. We just played the league leaders and title favourites (dunno by the bookies, but most people I know are backing them) off the park on their own turf and with a little bit of luck would've beaten them comfortably. And we would've gotten at least a draw had it not been for a couple of dodgy refereeing decisions. Plus Darren Flatcher looked like the missing piece we've been missing in all our recent below par performances.

Let's just remember that for the first time in about 5 years they have to come to Old Trafford in the run-in. That's the game where the title will be won or lost, not this one.

KOV

Melbourne! Was at Old Trafford for UNITED 5 Spurs
Download the game and watch it again.
true as i said in another thread i was gutted we didnt show up against the scousers..

last night we gave as good as we got and where unlucky not to put our domination into goals. proud of the boys just unluck linesman incorrectly flagged rooney offside and ref fell for cashley dive for the free kick leading to the goal.. plus drgoshit pull and offside :mad:

this all without rio and vidic and berbatov.. :devil:

we where 8 points (1 game in hand) this time last season behind chel$ki?

5 points is fukk all :devil:

sdb4884

Berbatov
Vidic
Ferdinand
Hargreaves
Park
Neville

Nani
Form

I'm sure other teams shake in their boots when they see these guys in our starting XI.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
Grafted well but came up short of top class quality.

Just demonstrated that you don't need the Boks midfield to play Chelsea but then again also showed that we seriously lack a goal threat and it is looking increasingly likely that we may have to get used to these kind of results against the top teams for a while

anver

Shart stop
We looked like scoring only on two occasions: Both from Rooney. One was palmed off by Cech, and the other narrowly missed the target. That's not good enough. Giggs, although good all round, wasted many chances, and so did Fletch and Carrick.

What we lack is a guy who has the balls to get into their box. If we did that about five or six times, at least one would have resulted in a peno. Ron had the knack to do just that. This year we are starved of penos.

We played well in defence and midfield. Up front we were wanting.

kietotheworld

Don't worry, we have £80m to spend in January if the manager wants to, honest.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Berbatov
Vidic
Ferdinand
Hargreaves
Park
Neville
Nani

Form

Pretty sure teams would rather see that lot's names in the team-sheet.

Name Changed

weso26

Berbatov
Vidic
Ferdinand

Hargreaves
Park
Neville
Nani
Form

I'm guessing only those two would actually have got a game today.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Why was Vidic on the bench?

Injury trouble? He wasn't dropped because of his form, surely?