I'm calling it now...we won't make top 4

Betson

Out with a whimper which worryingly has become the norm.

We can have no complaints , we are not top 4 quality. Not a million miles off Chelsea or Arsenal.

But a huge gulf in class up to to City and Liverpool.

No matter what we do in the summer we are still going to be a good bit off the top 2 , they are just too far ahead of us in so many aspects from how the club is run to the quality of playing staff etc.

We have become one of those clubs that we despised and once looked down on, the kind of club whose ultimate ambition is to break into the top 4 and no more.

I really hope Ole can turn it around , but it is huge task that will take many seasons.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
...or will we?

I've been saying for a while we have the hardest fixtures.

Today was a great win in what sounds like an otherwise horrible game, but we cannot be this bad and make top 4 with the fixtures we have.

Chelsea might continue to slip. Spurs maybe as well. Arsenal will make it. But I think for every slip Spurs make we will make at least as many.
For what it's worth, I think you were spot on. If the quality of our football is shit, at some point the good results were always gonna stop

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm gonna stick my neck on the line here and agree with you. Don't think we're gonna make top four either.

passing-wind

We need to get rid of the players who are dragging the club down.

We also need a proper manager with a philosophy, quality coaching and new ideas to spearhead us into the next five years. If Ajax get into the final I'd even say looking at Erik ten Hag, he's worked under the best in world football and would revolutionise the club.

Anyone who can make use out of Tadic after his disgraceful performances at Southampton deserves respect.

SAFMUTD

I’m calling it now, if we don’t get rid of Ole we won’t get top 4 next season either.

SqueakyWeasel

It's crazy to think that just by beating Huddersfield (the second worst team in the history of the league – a team that has not picked up a single point in over 11 weeks) at home and Cardiff away next Sunday, we would have put ourselves in a fantastic position for top 4 (because of other teams deficiencies) … and we couldn't even do that!

We just needed 6 points from these last two games. Spurs left that door open after their debacle yesterday … I'm absolutely positive that everyone else would knee-cap themselves and I was including Arsenal winning today in that scenario :lol:

Probably better for the club this way as we won't be papering over the cracks … but the crap I'm gonna get tomorrow :keano:

Sambob

We are done guys, its over. The type of change this club needs at the moment just isnt on the cards. We have shown no inkling that as a club we can make the transformation required.

Its been agonising at times this season and we will see how the summer goes but I just dont have space in my life at the moment for the constant misery, for the first time in my life, Utd are a waste of my good time.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Is this where I come out with some 'form is temporary class is permanent' tripe. You we're right, we are shite. No argument here.
Shame the form is temporary relates more to the period where Ole came on board. The class being permanent relates more to the ongoing position that actually these players are many classes below where they should be and need to be.

Absolute shambles. £744m spent since SAF left and yet we look like we are carrying a load of liabilities with very few assets. It's the kind of bad business that ruins some teams. Think Blackburn or Leeds....we are lucky to have the worldwide scale and commercial deals, because otherwise I'd be genuinely concerned that that is where we now are.

SAFMUTD

We were given chance after chance after chance and blew them all, even with Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal playing shit and losing points every week we managed to be out of the contest with one game left.

All this bollocks of ending 4 points away from the top 4 with Ole against the 11 points we where before him is pure shite. We are only 4 points behind because the other teams where shite as well, not because we were brilliant.