Inaki Williams

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Lash, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Aug 7, 2019

Ole’s Wheel Full Member

Supports:
    CR7
    What the feck are United doing.

Why are they prioritizing getting an overpriced striker over our crucial needs of a midfielder or 2? Doesn’t make any sense.

...yes ideally you’d want them to replace Lukaku but we have a handful of attacking options still. We don’t have that for midfield outside of Paul. If he’s hurt, we’re toast.
  2. Aug 7, 2019

FootballHQ Full Member

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Williams is very much a counter attacking player so could work well for you in away games but he isn't really a striker who troubles teams much when they put men behind the ball.

Very much needs space to run into, think Agbonlahor when he was at his peak a decade ago.
  3. Aug 7, 2019

LuessiT Full Member

Not in this case. Bilbao can only sign players of basque ethnic so they will have very limited opportunities to replace him. Basicly you pay the release clause or you don't get the player. Wether he's worth it or not, he's worth it to Bilbao.
  4. Aug 7, 2019

Sweech Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Seems believable to me.

Ole seems to be targeting extremely pacey fluid attackers and Williams fits the bill.
  5. Aug 7, 2019

Berbaclass Full Member

Bilbao also play a energetic pressing game which is also a box ticked.
  6. Aug 7, 2019

YouOnlyLiveTwice Full Member

He is quick, scores goals, can play as a forward and right-winger(!!!). No problem with the physical aspect of the game.

Why not? We need someone to spend the Lukaku money on.
  7. Aug 7, 2019

izec Full Member

Hope we have done the work on this some time ago. If we decided that now spontaneously, Ed will feck it up, even if it is easier nowadays with buying from Athletic
  8. Aug 7, 2019

Sweech Full Member

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    The price is the only unbelievable thing.

Also surprised someone like Bailly out of Leverkusen has never been linked to my knowledge.
  9. Aug 7, 2019

Eddy_JukeZ Full Member

Rather save the money for Sancho next season and not panic buy.
  10. Aug 7, 2019

OverratedOpinion Full Member

Rashford is better, as is Lukaku.

Our best midfielder is looking for a move, we let our second best midfielder leave for free, Fred can't get in the team and Matic looks past it. I am a but perplexed as to why we are messing about trying to buy Inaki Williams for 80 million when the only actual centre midfielder we have been linked to all summer is a Newcastle player with about 8 first team starts.
  11. Aug 7, 2019

reddevil702 Full Member

From what I saw on youtube, he seems to play very similar to Rashford. Don't think anything will come out of this.
  12. Aug 7, 2019

YouOnlyLiveTwice Full Member

I doubt Sancho will be here next season if we don't perform this one. Him having a great season, while we still linger around 5-6th, isn't going to convince him of coming here.

We have a better chance with Inaki to achieve something this season, that should be what counts.
  13. Aug 7, 2019

Wolff New Member

And you typed all that up, with a moan. On what basis? Have anyone at the club come out with this? Not happening.. Not enogh time for a release clause buy, player is committed to his club and way overpriced. Relax fella!
  14. Aug 7, 2019

OverratedOpinion Full Member

Apologies Wolf, our club is brilliantly run and our transfer targets this summer and for the last 6 years been completely sensible and proportionate to what the first team needs.
  15. Aug 7, 2019

starman Full Member

Ridiculously quick and has a sweet right foot but never saw much more than that in him, maybe people who watch Spanish football regularly will have a better view of him. Also 80m, jeez...
  16. Aug 7, 2019

3KDré Full Member

Dybala he only really said that Juve wanted to swap him and Lukaku, he never said that the move 100% happening and Dybala had agreed all terms with us etc... the first part was proved to be true.

I think Di Marzio is pretty much spot on when it comes to anything italian- hit and miss for outside of Italy.
  17. Aug 7, 2019

Robbie Boy Full Member

How has this reached four pages? It’s such a load of bollox. This isn’t happening.
  18. Aug 7, 2019

RedDevilRoshi Full Member

Sancho isn’t a guarantee to happen next season, particularly if we don’t perform well this season.

It’s not a given he will join Utd. If he performs as good as he did last season with Dortmund and a solid campaign with England at the Euros, he will virtually have any pick of the clubs in Europe that he wants.
  19. Aug 7, 2019

Foxbatt Full Member

We need a midfield player and Woodwad is fannying around. It is only a show for the fans to show that he tried but nothing worked out. FFS just get any decent midfield player that is better than Mata, Fred and Matic. Plenty around in fact.
  20. Aug 8, 2019

Mark Pawelek Full Member

Williams is at his peak and scored only 13 league goals last season; the only season he ever scored more than 10. Moving to a new league, there's no guarantee he'll ever manage more than 10 again. Paying more than £40m for a striker who doesn't hit the net is a bad idea. Paying £85m for him is suicide. He's fast. That about sums him up. He started in 36 league games. Averages 2 shots per game. So 13 out of 72 = 18% conversion. That's the best he gets.
  21. Aug 8, 2019

Mark Pawelek Full Member

Almost nailed it. We need 2 midfielders. One defensive midfielder and another more all-rounder (like Fernandes)
  22. Aug 8, 2019

Patchbeard Full Member

We need a genuine RW as much as either of those in my opinion...
  23. Aug 8, 2019

fergosaurus Full Member

Looks like the interest is real if James Cooper mentioned it. He seems more an Everton level player. Would be mental to pay €88m for him and I doubt that can be negotiated any lower.

Shows great planning when we are trying to deal with notoriously difficult clubs (Spurs/Bilbao) this late in the window.
  24. Aug 8, 2019

pocco loco

Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    He looks a bit Lukaku-ish on the ball. Do we really want to go down that road again?
  25. Aug 8, 2019

We need an rvn Full Member

I think because hardly any of the posts are about the player but about our lack of midfield signings / woodward inability etc instead. I've no idea who the guy is and at £81m, definite bs
  26. Aug 8, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Late in OUR window.
  27. Aug 8, 2019

Vissy New Member

I don't see what's special about this guy. As per WhoScored he's not a prolific dribbler (1.4 dribbles completed per a full 90 with a completion rate of around 50%), not particularly creative (0.8 key passes per full 90), not particularly involved in build-up play (18 average passes per full 90 with a 70% completion rate) and he's not even a prolific goalscorer, with only 2 shots per game (though 1.4 of them from within the penalty box). And he's 25 years old so you'd expect him to be entering his prime by now. Aside from his speed, he's bang average. Rashford is literally better than him.
  28. Aug 8, 2019

fergosaurus Full Member

Yes, they have the rest of the month for a replacement but do you think they're going to lower the price for us in the next few hours? Not happening.
  29. Aug 8, 2019

Bestofthebest Full Member

Ed would be better off blowing the Lukaku money on Longstaff than this guy. Just another speed merchant who can't score and we already have that in Martial.
  30. Aug 8, 2019

Jimmy_Bond Full Member

https://eldesmarque.com/bizkaia/ath...ad-absoluta-en-el-athletic-con-inaki-williams

This is all in Spanish, but comes from the local press in Bilbao.

It says that Bilbao have received absolutely no contact whatsoever from United nor any signal that they are going to pay his clause. It says that the player's representatives don't know anything about United's interest, and that sources close to United in England say there is nothing in the story.
  31. Aug 8, 2019

Eddy_JukeZ Full Member

It would be insane.

I don't think Bilbao have ever sold a player for a value less than the release clause.

This is just absurd.
  32. Aug 8, 2019

Andersonson New Member

You either havent watched Williams or Chong... Bizarre to say Chong is better... Like crazy.

But that being said, Williams aint good enough. Poor in front of goal
  33. Aug 8, 2019

Lash Full Member

Supports:
    Millwall, Saint-Etienne
    Not lower, but up for negation. Not bilbao or spurs though, you’re right.
  34. Aug 8, 2019

Adnan Full Member

James Cooper: Reports that United will sign Inaki Williams are wide of the mark. Could sign Mandzukic but it looks unlikely at this stage.
  35. Aug 8, 2019

Tel074 New Member

No I'm trying to tell you all that Williams is no where near United's level that's what I'm trying to tell you . Like Chong isn't ready for 1st team action this guy isn't either

I'm making a point that Williams is absolutely no where near United standard. If you read my earlier posts ud see I've been to Bilbao on numerous occasions so I have seen plenty of Williams . The People in Bilbao are already laughing praying this is true because they also know Williams is a 20 million footballer .
    He woould improve us as much as Chong would that's my point and because Chong already knows the club and English game imo I'd rather have Chong
  36. Aug 8, 2019

KirkDuyt Full Member

Supports:
    Feyenoord
    Dutch press running the story that United are willing to match the 88 million euro buy out clause.

Sounds like rubbish.
  37. Aug 8, 2019

Bestietom Full Member

Have they any pacy midfielders that would come here.
  38. Aug 8, 2019

swred New Member

I must admit, other than YT i don't know anything about this guy, he looks proper fast, however, i can't see this suddenly come out of nowhere & to pay his release clause on the closing day of the transfer window.
  39. Aug 8, 2019

Swearing Budgie New Member

Martial 2.0

No ta.
  40. Aug 8, 2019

JJ12 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

What the feck are we doing?

Believing every rumour.

Some of you need to save some energy.