India politics thread

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hardly surprising.

The courts have previously ruled decades ago that mosques aren't essential to Islam. They've also used reversed logic is banning beef by saying it isn't essential in Islam to consume beef when the actual rationale should have been whether non-consumption of beef is essential to hinduism and whether that would apply to non-hindus aswell.

(:wenger:)
Next: High Court rules that it is not essential for Muslims to breathe. They have an after life, send them to it.

I wish I had typed that in jest rather than impending reality. :(

Viral United

They can. The BJP will get around 40% of poplar vote again which will be enough for 300 plus seats.

From my experience living in central India and being in touch with the poor, the middle class and rich I feel

Around 20% of the population seem to be completely into the 'Hindu khatre me hai' thing. This ranges from most Muslims are bad and they will eventually take over, or Congress only favors Muslims (minority appeasement), or believing that the Delhi riots were anti hindu riots started by Muslims and TMC committed a Hindu genocide in Bengal.post elections.

10% of the population are right wingers who aren't your typical.Muslim hating guys but believe Modi is genuinely doing a good job. They completely fail to see the disasters such as a 4-hour notice pockdown, the migrant crisis that followed it, the deaths on the streets due to covid or the mass graves by rivers. The fail to see the mess the economy is in or the Chinese incursion at our border. They feel Modi has done brilliantly to tackle Covid, is doing a great job with the economy and is a very well respected and powerful PM who foreign leaders look upto.

And the remaining 10% are the if not Modi then who. Rahul.Gandhi's image is completely gone, so is the Congress' after the corruption allegations post UPA-2. They don't have enough political acumen to understand that at this time anyone would be better than Modi.

Throw in all the welfare schemes for the poor, and I feel that BJP can go on like this and remain in powert for another decade. Unless we see a grand opposition coilation with all of them agreeing not to field candidates against each other, there is no chance. The local parties are the last hope. BJP has zero presence south of karnataka. If the like of Shiv Sena (Maharashtra), TMC (Bengal), SP (UP), Congress (MP, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh), AAP (Delhi, Punjab) AIMIM (Telangana), Communists (Kerala), NC (Kashmir), etc come together and run uncontested elections (no major opposing candidate apart from BJP's) then there might be a chance. This is still a very small chance but seems like the last hope. If not now then I can't see any one apart from BJP being in power for another 20 years.
Some very good points, but some point are little bit wrong.
Tomorrow i will reply you with some points which I am not totally agree with you. Thanks.

RedDevil@84

BJP fanboys would be feeling exactly like Liverpool fans. After years of dominance, seeing your arch rivals, disintegrate and keep losing over and over again, while their club admins just sit and watch everything come down. Such a joy.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
BJP fanboys would be feeling exactly like Liverpool fans. After years of dominance, seeing your arch rivals, disintegrate and keep losing over and over again, while their club admins just sit and watch everything come down. Such a joy.
More like city fans.

Suv666

I reckon riots can happen anytime now. Hate at an all time high. Modi fanning the flames not helping at all.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I reckon riots can happen anytime now. Hate at an all time high. Modi fanning the flames not helping at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if these people are already vhp/rss/brajrangdal type chaddis orchestrating it and taking advantage to gain limelight.

In a couple of other videos, the perpetrators had previously been arrested for hate speech/rioting etc.

RedDevil@84

Viral United

They can. The BJP will get around 40% of poplar vote again which will be enough for 300 plus seats.

From my experience living in central India and being in touch with the poor, the middle class and rich I feel

Around 20% of the population seem to be completely into the 'Hindu khatre me hai' thing. This ranges from most Muslims are bad and they will eventually take over, or Congress only favors Muslims (minority appeasement), or believing that the Delhi riots were anti hindu riots started by Muslims and TMC committed a Hindu genocide in Bengal.post elections.

10% of the population are right wingers who aren't your typical.Muslim hating guys but believe Modi is genuinely doing a good job. They completely fail to see the disasters such as a 4-hour notice pockdown, the migrant crisis that followed it, the deaths on the streets due to covid or the mass graves by rivers. The fail to see the mess the economy is in or the Chinese incursion at our border. They feel Modi has done brilliantly to tackle Covid, is doing a great job with the economy and is a very well respected and powerful PM who foreign leaders look upto.

And the remaining 10% are the if not Modi then who. Rahul.Gandhi's image is completely gone, so is the Congress' after the corruption allegations post UPA-2. They don't have enough political acumen to understand that at this time anyone would be better than Modi.

Throw in all the welfare schemes for the poor, and I feel that BJP can go on like this and remain in powert for another decade. Unless we see a grand opposition coilation with all of them agreeing not to field candidates against each other, there is no chance. The local parties are the last hope. BJP has zero presence south of karnataka. If the like of Shiv Sena (Maharashtra), TMC (Bengal), SP (UP), Congress (MP, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh), AAP (Delhi, Punjab) AIMIM (Telangana), Communists (Kerala), NC (Kashmir), etc come together and run uncontested elections (no major opposing candidate apart from BJP's) then there might be a chance. This is still a very small chance but seems like the last hope. If not now then I can't see any one apart from BJP being in power for another 20 years.
You are completely right and that was main theme of 2002, 2007 election in Gujarat. Even part of 2012 election in Gujarat was held by this narrative.
But you can't replicate this in all over India the quick reminder of failed 2009 general election comes in my mind where Advani and Modi try to replicate this 'Hindu katre me hai' and hard nationalist narrative.

Let look at some numbers even Muslims are in minority in India but India has second biggest Muslim population in world. And its not like in every assembly seat Hindus are majority votes, there are assembly seats where Muslim voters are in majority and that why I said you can't win election without Muslim votes support.
look at UP election BJP done good job in seats where Muslim voters are in majority. You can't denied Muslim votes has vote for BJP so why they vote for anti Muslim party?
While AIMIM (Muslim Party) and Siv Sena (hard Hindu party) get less votes then NOTA.
What I am trying to say is BJP gets Muslim votes even popular belief that BJP is anti-muslim party.

In 2009 when Modi lots general election he quickly realize this 'hard Hindu' image will not work and quickly change narrative. So in 2014 he come up with Gujarat model and development mantra, add that with completely feck up performance from UPA 2. Just look his interviews before 2009 and after 2009 you can see how he totally change his narrative from hard Hindu to some progressive thinker.
Look I can't deny BJP is Hindu party, also I really don't thing Modi is second coming from GOD. He has his flow and narrative, but I also don't thing he is second coming from Devil.

When people claim they vote for Modi because they don't have options its also means that they think from all the options available Modi is best candidate.
Now isn't that is theme for all election around the world? How many choice US, UK other countries votes have?
Lots of my US clients told me they not like Biden but they don't want Trump as president.

Lots of people here think I am 'bhakt' or what ever they think, truth is I also want change.
Even I didn't vote BJP in 2017 Gujarat and if Congress has done enough ground work they could have won in 2017.

And that why I think it will be not going to easy for Modi in 2024.
If you look at our History only 2 PMs able to remain in power for more than 10 years, the simpler reason is in 10 years you will have young generation whose idea and thinking will quite deferent than pervious one. So what ever works for pervious generation will not work for new one.
Lets for example my father is in category of 'Hindu katre me hai' but I don't, I just laugh on those msg and video and will not going to vote for BJP just because they are Hindu party
And I have 2 employee who are Muslim and come as same categories as me. We are more focus on what we are getting from governments then our religion.
10 Years is long time and its good to have some one fresh with new Idea to run government. It would be better for India.
All I am saying its completely possible to win election in 2024 all you need to do is present a candidate who has better narrative then Modi and he might win election. Now can opposition party do that? that's a biggest question.

Sorry for late reply

RedDevil@84

You are completely right and that was main theme of 2002, 2007 election in Gujarat. Even part of 2012 election in Gujarat was held by this narrative.
But you can't replicate this in all over India the quick reminder of failed 2009 general election comes in my mind where Advani and Modi try to replicate this 'Hindu katre me hai' and hard nationalist narrative.

Let look at some numbers even Muslims are in minority in India but India has second biggest Muslim population in world. And its not like in every assembly seat Hindus are majority votes, there are assembly seats where Muslim voters are in majority and that why I said you can't win election without Muslim votes support.
look at UP election BJP done good job in seats where Muslim voters are in majority. You can't denied Muslim votes has vote for BJP so why they vote for anti Muslim party?
While AIMIM (Muslim Party) and Siv Sena (hard Hindu party) get less votes then NOTA.
What I am trying to say is BJP gets Muslim votes even popular belief that BJP is anti-muslim party.

In 2009 when Modi lots general election he quickly realize this 'hard Hindu' image will not work and quickly change narrative. So in 2014 he come up with Gujarat model and development mantra, add that with completely feck up performance from UPA 2. Just look his interviews before 2009 and after 2009 you can see how he totally change his narrative from hard Hindu to some progressive thinker.
Look I can't deny BJP is Hindu party, also I really don't thing Modi is second coming from GOD. He has his flow and narrative, but I also don't thing he is second coming from Devil.

When people claim they vote for Modi because they don't have options its also means that they think from all the options available Modi is best candidate.
Now isn't that is theme for all election around the world? How many choice US, UK other countries votes have?
Lots of my US clients told me they not like Biden but they don't want Trump as president.

Lots of people here think I am 'bhakt' or what ever they think, truth is I also want change.
Even I didn't vote BJP in 2017 Gujarat and if Congress has done enough ground work they could have won in 2017.

If you look at our History only 2 PMs able to remain in power for more than 10 years, the simpler reason is in 10 years you will have young generation whose idea and thinking will quite deferent than pervious one. So what ever works for pervious generation will not work for new one.
Lets for example my father is in category of 'Hindu katre me hai' but I don't, I just laugh on those msg and video and will not going to vote for BJP just because they are Hindu party
And I have 2 employee who are Muslim and come as same categories as me. We are more focus on what we are getting from governments then our religion.
10 Years is long time and its good to have some one fresh with new Idea to run government. It would be better for India.
All I am saying its completely possible to win election in 2024 all you need to do is present a candidate who has better narrative then Modi and he might win election. Now can opposition party do that? that's a biggest question.

Sorry for late reply
I think 2009 is incomparable with 2024. The propaganda machinery was pretty ordinary back in the days. BJP has now complete control of almost all Hindi new channels, whatsapp, twitter and other social media. It has loads of money, huge IT cell and can weaken anyone who is not complying with their propaganda.

I think it will be an easy win in 2024.

Viral United

I think 2009 is incomparable with 2024. The propaganda machinery was pretty ordinary back in the days. BJP has now complete control of almost all Hindi new channels, whatsapp, twitter and other social media. It has loads of money, huge IT cell and can weaken anyone who is not complying with their propaganda.

I think it will be an easy win in 2024.
If you think only BJP is doing all these thing and there is not change in 2024, then suggest you to get over yourself and make a peace with it.
I will not going to debate about media and their propaganda,
As far my concern I still believe there is a chance in 2024 and I won't going to vote for him, but if he win election I will support the government.

RedDevil@84

If you think only BJP is doing all these thing and there is not change in 2024, then suggest you to get over yourself and make a peace with it.
As far my concern I still believe there is a chance in 2024 and I won't going to vote for him, but if he win election I will support the government.
Is this a new kind of "I know I am right, and everyone else stfu" argument

DM07

I don’t get this. Are we supposed to support a fascist communal government hell bent on destroying democracy and social fabric of the country just because that’s what 40% constituting of brainwashed bigots want. Not blaming you but just curious about this we must support the government no matter what attitude.

DM07

Sorry for late reply
Only 8% of the Muslims voted for BJP in UP. 79% of them voted for SP. Considering the total electorate which is only 20% Muslims in UP, the figure is too minute to say that Muslims not voting for BJP will make a difference. They can have 0 Muslim votes and still comfortably win elections in northern India. If I was a Muslim my attitude would be feck everything just get these hindutva fascists out and wouldn't even consider voting for BJP ( I have exactly the same attitude now also but saying this because of the example you gave about your Muslim employees ).

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
PM Modi, during his speech, also made a mention of the Richard Attenborough-directed movie Gandhi. The PM said that the world talked about Martin Luther King Jr, Nelson Mandela, but not about Gandhi back then.

”The world rarely mentions Gandhi. Had anyone portrayed the life of Gandhi [on film] back then, maybe we would have been able to spread his message,” said PM Modi. He said that it was only when an English filmmaker made a movie on Gandhi and the movie won several awards that the world came to know of a figure called Gandhi.

https://www.dailyo.in/politics/narendra-modi-gandhi-kashmir-files/story/1/35578.html

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
PM Modi, during his speech, also made a mention of the Richard Attenborough-directed movie Gandhi. The PM said that the world talked about Martin Luther King Jr, Nelson Mandela, but not about Gandhi back then.

”The world rarely mentions Gandhi. Had anyone portrayed the life of Gandhi [on film] back then, maybe we would have been able to spread his message,” said PM Modi. He said that it was only when an English filmmaker made a movie on Gandhi and the movie won several awards that the world came to know of a figure called Gandhi.

https://www.dailyo.in/politics/narendra-modi-gandhi-kashmir-files/story/1/35578.html
:lol:

RedDevil@84

The guys who put his speech on teleprompter will be rolling on the floor laughing, in the background

coolredwine

lameredboots

Clown :lol:

Viral United

Guess you are used to everyone always agreeing with your opinions.
So defensive and touchy.
Said the guy who had already made his mind on BJP and 2024 election?
Look I don't support BJP as I already said in my previous post.
So I won't debate to BJP propaganda or any other party's propaganda.

If you want to talk about Modi's policies or what goes wrong and what goes right, where different opinions are welcome I will love to participate.

Viral United

I don’t get this. Are we supposed to support a fascist communal government hell bent on destroying democracy and social fabric of the country just because that’s what 40% constituting of brainwashed bigots want. Not blaming you but just curious about this we must support the government no matter what attitude.
I will support whatever party win election, even Raga win I will support him.
And that's the way it should be, if we don't get our favorite government doesn't means we should start riots in city.
If majority people want him even he brainwash every one you have to accept he won.
Only thing you can do is start your own campaign against him and educate people who are brainwash.

And serially I don't think this government is communal or fascist, Nor I see 40% people are brainwashed bigots.
Yes there are some idiots in both Hindu's and Muslim but they are in minority.
I never meet any person who been told by government to feck off or denied their rights because of their ideology or religion.

Now if you have any first hand experience of this fascist or communal than fair enough, but I don't have any.

Interval

Level
Of course it is. It is our RSS, what else. The RSS is ours,” said Kageri, adding, “Look here, Zameer, let me say this. Everybody in our country, including you, will definitely have to call it ‘our RSS’ in the near future.”

About time

MDFC Manager

More meme material:
https://www.newindianexpress.com/st...s-karnataka-muslim-woman-in-jail-2434322.html

As per the photo shared by the department of police, “The accused WhatsApp status stated that ‘Allah Har Mulk me Ittihaad…Aman...Sukoon…Ata Farma Maula’ (may Allah grant unity, peace and harmony in every country). Along with this she had also put up a photo conveying wishes to Pakistan on their Republic Day.” A complaint has been registered in Mudhol Police Station.

She has been charged with Indian Penal Code (IPC) section 153(A) (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence) and 505(2) (Statements creating or promoting enmity, hatred or ill-will between classes).

MDFC Manager

While CJI doesn't think exams have nothing to do with this issue... Jokers everywhere