India vs England

zing

Zingle balls
Like tihs Indian team btw. Good to see some new faces, even though we're losing at the moment.

It's got potential.

zing

Zingle balls
Dinda and Awana? Brainless bowling.
I was just happy to see young, fit guys and got a little carried away.

Dinda's alright in limited overs, I think.

Awana looks ordinary, but early days.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Awana and Chawla should be dropped for Pakistan series, and replaced with Irfan, and Jadeja.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
What a knock by Morgan, pleased for him, as he'll never get a run in the test side again and rightly so. But he's a talented cricketer and deserves a good ODI career similiar to Collingwood.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Heap, is Hales seen as a test prospect at all?
He is the least talked about young batsmen we had up until this week.
It's really been a breakthrough two matches for him, and his technique and temprament suggests there is no reason why he can't aim at test cricket.

I assume he has just played himself into the ODI side for now.

His championship average is 38, which is half decent, so i'd expect him to be left another year or two playing county cricket before he is drafted into any test squads.

Compton looks a good stop-gap anyhow, and theoretically, he is in competition with Joe Root for the future opening spot.

Sultan

What a knock by Morgan, pleased for him, as he'll never get a run in the test side again and rightly so. But he's a talented cricketer and deserves a good ODI career similiar to Collingwood.
Comes across as such a humble and nice guy. Is that the case? I know you've bowled to him at Middlesex.

Sultan

Compton looks a good stop-gap anyhow, and theoretically, he is in competition with Joe Root for the future opening spot.
Root is much the better player already, IMO. Compton did OK due to India's bowling weakness.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Morgan seems to be confused by 4/5 day cricket, struggles against decent pace bowlers in particular, and don't think he's really a player made for the grind in Tests. As good a limited overs finisher as England has probably ever had though.

And re: Compton, he really has to stay in the side as he just scored so many county runs last year. If he didn't get his chance now it would basically render any county performances as irrelevant.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Comes across as such a humble and nice guy. Is that the case? I know you've bowled to him at Middlesex.
Root is much the better player already, IMO. Compton did OK due to India's bowling weakness.
I agree Root is both a better prospect and talent, but Compton deserves a run in the side, and there's no harm in Root being around the setup and scoring more runs for his county next summer.

Morgan is held in high regard by just about everyone, including journalists and coaches.
I don't know him individually, but you've reminded that i should restart name-dropping in this thread again. :D