Individual errors and missed Penalties.

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins
So 4 games into the new season and a grand total of 5 points collected not a great start to the season and of coarse people are questioning Ole. But why of the 4 games in if individual errors and missed Penalties where scored the picture would be so much more rosier.

Wolves - Scored penalty - 1 point becomes 3
Crystal Palace - If Lindelöf could learn how to head a ball, Rashford scores a penalty and David learns how to be a Keeper again - 0 points become 3
Southampton - See Crystal Palace without the penalty - 1 point becomes 3 again.

So why is Ole getting so much stick when it is individual errors and missed Penalties that have cost United 7 points this season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its early season, long way to go. Performances have mostly been decent tbf with some predictable problems, but then struggling to get enough to win games that we should be winning. Not even due to a lack of creativity... lack of urgency if anything. But like I said, early season, long way to go. People will cry for his head instantly, but I think we're heading in the right direction.

gajender

Because we hardly look like creating much and Palace at home and Southampton away are the two teams we should be easily dispatching despite these individual errors so blame lies with Ole and the team as he had enough time to atleast create a cohesive unit capable of putting small teams away without much problem.

Matst1

I find it hard to give them excuses, but can agree to a certain extent. I think there will be an improvement as the season goes on and we’ll buy in Jan. The signs of progress are there they just need to shake off the nerves and play with confidence. Think we’ll be lucky to get top 4, that race will be more exciting than the title race.

haram

Do people think we are the only team that misses chances or makes mistakes? 3 games in a row we have scored 1 goal. He got rid of Lukaku and Alexis because he has so much faith in what he is doing so he has to face up to the criticism.

I do not want to see people blaming Greenwood, Martial or Rashford if we do not score enough goals. They have been set up to fail.

Treble

Explaining away the bad results with unfortunate circumstances is a bit rich given that the last 3 wins in the league - Watford, West Ham and Chelsea - involved a lot of luck.

Frank Grimes

I didn't see the Wolves game but we did have a penalty to get the bloody winner.

We were definitely rode by the ref in the Palace game though. How Cahill stayed on I'll never understand and Martial got fouled again for a clear penalty in the second half. Fergie would have made a difference there. You got to get in the officials faces.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Because individual errors happen every match and penalties are not and should not be the only source of goals. If you score 1 goal against Wolves, 1 goal against SOTON and 1 goal against CP, then you just know something is wrong. But then it was obvious given how shit our attacking options are.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Because individual errors happen every match and penalties are not and should not be the only source of goals. If you score 1 goal against Wolves, 1 goal against SOTON and 1 goal against CP, then you just know something is wrong. But then it was obvious given how shit our attacking options are.
Each time we score more than 1 goal in a game, it feels like an anomaly.

Hughie77

Need to turn the pressure into points ! Where not killing teams off, where leaving them back into games they should have been out of! Wolves left them back in, Palace well slap in the face game that, there getting a fair rub of the green.

Saints away, come on 1 corner they got a goal eventually out of it! Bad concentration.

They next game up is Huge Foxes at home, it has to be 3pts or where already chasing a top 4 even in September? And any more dropped points can see Ole getting tin tack before Jan then go all out for Poch I think we'll get him as well.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’m one of the guy who thinks Ole has done wrong here. I don’t think he utilises his players properly so far. Playing Pogba in deeper role is just wrong. Pogba is our most creative player and last season was our only creative player. You don’t play your most creative player in a deeper role, how are we supposed to create good chance to score if he plays deeper.

We just signed James a natural winger who can create chance with his crossing, a central forward who can score like Martial, a young talented forward Greenwood, Pogba a world class creative midfielder, two hard working pivot midfielder Fred & McTomminay who are suitable playing in pressing football that Ole wants to play & looks promising when played together last season, and finally Maguire ball playing to play from the back so we can finally stop forcing Pogba to go deeper.

We have bunch good players in the squad for top 4 but some of them have been wasted & not used properly. And instead we used Pereira, Mata & Lingard and hoping they will make something out of nothing which isn’t happening.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
We’ve played better than the opposition in every game so far, but we weren’t a dominant force that unquestionably deserved a positive result, which is something that is expected from a top-club.

Keefy18

Because we hardly look like creating much and Palace at home and Southampton away are the two teams we should be easily
Didn't we also blame LVG for being boring and not creating much and lack of possession?

Didn't create a lot vs Palace, still we dominated them and should of won. It happens though, I mean even City lost at home to Palace in December.

dispatching despite these individual errors so blame lies with Ole and the team as he had enough time to atleast create a cohesive unit capable of putting small teams away without much problem.
Like I say above, it takes time to build that cohesive unit (team). It doesn't happen over night.

His 3 investments have been our best players so far.

K13

Because we hardly look like creating much and Palace at home and Southampton away are the two teams we should be easily dispatching despite these individual errors so blame lies with Ole and the team as he had enough time to atleast create a cohesive unit capable of putting small teams away without much problem.
Even Liverpool who have had a flying start went there a couple of weeks ago and won 1:2 - and it was hardly easy!

So why would we expect to go there and win by several goals?