Ineos appointments - Who will they be?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I posted this in the other thread because I hadn't seen this one:

No idea how accurate it is though. As others have mentioned, Wilcox might not even be being considered for that role.
A bit light at the back but 6 forwards is definitely ambitious

TsuWave

We’re just going around collecting staff talent like infinity stones

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
When we come calling it’s impossible to say no!! Bring them all in!! We’re going back to the top!

whitbyviking

Think the impressive thing with Newcastle was being able to lift them up the levels from lower division strugglers to european contenders. It's easier said than done as we see with many teams who have spent big. Think they have done well with their transfers and fees too considering everyone knows they're loaded, and would adjust transfer fees normally.

Rojofiam

We’re just going around collecting staff talent like infinity stones
"We're Man United" still works pretty well in 2024.

A lot of people forget that us and Barcelona are the only two clubs on this planet who can rival Real Madrid's greatness, we're just both going through banter eras. However, ours might be ending very soon and rival fans are already rattled.

tomaldinho1

No idea how accurate it is though. As others have mentioned, Wilcox might not even be being considered for that role.
You're missing the three pillars that have propped us up since SAF left.

Front of House - Kath
Kit Man - Albert Morgan
Dinner Lady - Carol

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Why the feck would you hire marathon experts to coach sprint? :lol:
It does make sense when you think about it.

Imagine running 10k at different paces for 90 minutes and then being expected to make a 50 metre lung busting sprint.

The techniques used by marathon runners to do similar could be useful to learn from.

Overhaul FC

Jason Wilcox better not be as dull of a head of recruitment as he was a player.

gajender

Still would like us to find room for Maldini,think it's his whole aura as a player that can persuade players to move here. Don't think we have any interest in doing that though
Maldini has no connection with United , this whole Ex players persuading current players to join only make sense if you are former player for the Said Club .

United should lean onto Our own legends if we want somebody for role like that.

Last edited:

Grande

Maldini has no connection with United , this whole Ex players persuading current players to join only make sense if you are former player for the Said Club .

United should lean onto Our own legends if we want somebody for role like that.
We don’t want jobs for pals or old players making a meal without having BestInClass competence, we just want Jason Wilcox and Paolo Maldini.

gajender

We don’t want jobs for pals or old players making a meal without having BestInClass competence, we just want Jason Wilcox and Paolo Maldini.
Absolutely we should just disown and cut off from our past just because we had few lean years am I doing this right .

Jokes apart Somebody like Carrick should in theory suit this kind of role pretty well if he gets bored out of management .

Nickosaur

Isn't Nick Cox head of academy and highly rated?

Exciting to see a potential structure take shape though. Might take several seasons for the club to really see the benefits but the candidates look like some of the best possible appointments we could make.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Isn't Nick Cox head of academy and highly rated?
He was on the last Talk of the Devil's podcast, he's really passionate about youth development. He's big on trying to get players to reach their potential, not do much on trying to create a super XI for United but developing young lads into the right sorts of people.

Abhinav

So remarkable that Sir Alex was doing both the DoF as well as the Head Coach (more manager than head coach) role all by himself just 10 years back.

I like that we are not wasting time in identifying the candidates and going after them. However, the hope is that all of them work well together cohesively. It can get tricky when you are literally installing a completely new management team and where power structures are not so well established.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Could Mitchell work alongside/under Ashworth? And does anyone think this is a probability?
His name seems to be drifting out of favour in the media. But I can easily see that. At Monaco he filled a similar role as what Ashworth looks like he's going to take here, but all his roles before that he was a Head of Recruitment working under somebody else.

Would really depend on whether he wants to be the top dog at a smaller club or Head of Recruitment at a top club.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Why the feck would you hire marathon experts to coach sprint? :lol:
That was my first thought as well, but as others have said it does make some sense. The players spend most of the game jogging significant distances, with moments of high intensity sprinting in amongst it. It's perhaps more similar on the body to the strong sprint at the end of the marathon than it is to short distance sprinters.

Grande

Absolutely we should just disown and cut off from our past just because we had few lean years am I doing this right .

Jokes apart Somebody like Carrick should in theory suit this kind of role pretty well if he gets bored out of management .
You were doing well until you stopped joking.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Nick Cox is head of academy and is doing a great job. He won't be replaced. If anything would be promoted. Though it could just be a new position being made as academy director, similarly to director of football, which would be above Nick Cox.

didz

Nick Cox is head of academy and is doing a great job. He won't be replaced. If anything would be promoted. Though it could just be a new position being made as academy director, similarly to director of football, which would be above Nick Cox.
My thinking was that Wilcox would be up for head of academy recruitment, with Jewell for head of first team recruitment. Given Wilcox's current role, your take probably makes more sense.

It seems Ralf Rangnick still has a role to play in this saga

I'm sure he told them all about how we could be as big as Schalke and lure greats like Ebbe Sands if we really put our minds to it.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
It seems Ralf Rangnick still has a role to play in this saga

A very sensible move by the lads. History will look back kindly on Ralf as a sort of prophet even though his tenure was horrible for various mostly circumstantial reasons.

diarm

Yeah fair enough. I actually didn't know much about Nick Cox but I listened to him on the Talk of the Devils podcast as I walked home last night and he came across very well.

croadyman

Hopeful a Head of Recruitment gets appointed when Ashworth is sorted out as still feel we need one

CallyRed

Just need to poach someone from Liverpool and Arsenal and we'll be set.