g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Inflation, will the CAF ever accept that?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Is there inflation since the TV money went crazy, yes of course.

A lot of getting players for reasonable prices though, involves the club planning the transfer well in advance and making sure the player wanted doesn't then sign a new contract driving the price up. Fairly certain Maguire and AWB both signed long term deals just before Utd put a bid in.

When Chelsea sold Hazard to Madrid, RM made sure he didn't sign a new deal first. Still an expensive transfer but they kept the price down by managing the situation and having leverage.

Can see lots of other clubs managing transfers like this and getting players cheap, like Barcelona with Todibo and Juventus with Ramsey, Rabiot and others before.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
But with that being said: A players value is whatever a club wants to pay for him. That is the real value. AWB was worth £50m~ Maguire was worth £80m
In a free market economy, that is true for literally anything and everything. A banana taped to a wall is worth $120K and people complain about AWB's price…

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
:lol: Not even close
Mbappe has great end product but Sancho is a better dribbler, passer and overall creator while also having excellent scoring records for his age. So yeah, evens out IMO. However, I think the previous generatioms were more talented than the current one.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I think since the Neymar move 2 years ago, football transfer fees is not the same as it was.
Time and time again in CAF we've seen posters keep mentioning AWB shouldn't cost 50 million pounds, same as Maguire.

Neither did other players signed from other clubs, Kepa from Atletico, VVD from Southampton, Romelu Lukuku from Everton, Nicolas Pepe from Lille.

Can't we all agree that these days, quality players are valued two times more than it was before Neymar transfer happened?

De Bruyne would've cost City 150 million pounds had it happened after Neymar, Di Maria would've cost us 120 million, Pogba would've cost us 180 million...list goes on.

AWB is easily a 25 million player, Maguire is 35-40 million player due to his long contract and premium of being an Englishmen.

Yes we could've have signed more unknown players like Daniel James, but when we seek for PL level talents, this is the level of money we're going to spend on ONE player.

So what is the problem? Why is it so hard for CAF posters to move on from the past?

Heck even FM19 understood this.
Martial, Lukaku and even Pogba were overpaid before Neymar. I actually think that spending 90M on Lukaku is far crazier than spending 200M on Neymar when you take all factors into account (media coverage, marketing etc.).

Danny Roberts

C’mon there is no way his value went up by £11m in that space of time. People talk like James was a stand out player from the Championship. I’d hadn’t heard any Premier League clubs linked to him until we had interest. Then all of a sudden loads of United fans were saying how great he had been for Swansea. His highlight reel was an assist against City and not much else.
Aug to March - 2 goals, five assists in 24 games
April and May - 2 goals and four assists in 8 games.

I'm using the stats as best I can to suit my argument but have also read that his performances were a lot better after January.