Injuries injuries injuries

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Feckin hell... just when Sir Alex had a good news about injuries few days ago, here comes more of the same shit.

Let's hope it's nothing that serious with Jonesy...

Agent Red

Carrick being out would be a real blow, he's been playing very well this season.

Anything more official than twitter quotes? Imagine we'll have to wait till tomorrow at least for anything more concrete.

Northstand

There might be question marks about Rooney and Rafael as well, I would have thought. Really beggars belief.

Man-United

We and Arsenal seem to be unlucky every season with injuries. Why always us?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So Scholes and Giggs are our only two fit center midfielders at that moment?
Brilliant!

gerrydaly

Praying to have a guy on top of him
Carrick being out would be a real blow, he's been playing very well this season.

Anything more official than twitter quotes? Imagine we'll have to wait till tomorrow at least for anything more concrete.
Ferguson said on MUTV that Carrick has a tight hamstring and was sitting back during the second half. He also said Rooney and Nani have knocks and that he expects Jones to be out for a few weeks.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
So Scholes and Giggs are our only two fit center midfielders at that moment?
Brilliant!
There's always Park.

*leaves thread as fast as possible and doesn't look back*

Agent Red

Ferguson said on MUTV that Carrick has a tight hamstring and was sitting back during the second half. He also said Rooney and Nani have knocks and that he expects Jones to be out for a few weeks.
If Carrick didn't come off can we infer from that that he won't be out too long?

I would hope Rooney and Nani's knocks shouldn't be serious enough to keep them out against 'Pool as well. Jones looked more serious, but again perhaps not as bad as we first feared? Could really do with some luck on the injury front during the run-in, tough to have this happen when we seemed to be getting on top of things on the availability front as well.

Unam333

We could really do with a defender and a midfielder right now.

Northstand

Particularly galling that City have a grand total of zero injuries, yet most of the talk has been about their absent players.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Steven Wyeth on Twitter said:
Wayne Rooney limping off train on return to Manchester. Nani wearing protective boot. Busy week in #MUFC treatment room
:nervous:

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
By the look of it, I'd be surprised if Rooney, Nani and Jones will be ready for the cup game.

Anduin

Awesome. That's Vidic, Jones, Anderson, Fletcher, Carrick, Cleverley, Nani, Young, Owen and Rooney carrying knocks, being injured or ill. Fantastic news :rolleyes:

How we manage to keep pace with City with our injury luck this season is beyond me. Fergie is a fecking genius.

MUFCgal

I hate these damn injuries, they've haunted us all season!

What is going on? Jones is a bit more serious, looking at a few weeks for him but hopefully Rooney and Nani will be okay for the cup game next week.

Smores

Maybe Hargreaves was right about our physios :nervous:

I can't believe our luck with injuries this season, being where we are right now is a huge achievement considering

prateik

A tight hammy isnt really an injury tho, is it?
It was more precautionary.
Andow will be back.. sometime.
Clev is nearly back.

Should be a decent squad before our next league game.

Kelvin

Fletcher
Vidic
Rio
Jones
Carrick
Nani
Cleverley
Anderson
Young
Owen
Rooney
Evans

all with various knock and a few long-term injuries.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Maybe its time to give Morrison and Pogba a chance and get them to sign the contract.

Anderson8

You have to look at our medical team. I'm sorry, but this has been going on for too long and is just too unnatural to simply be a coincidence, surely?

prateik

What can the medical staff do about someone twisting an ankle or someone getting hacked down from behind :/
Very few are injuries from training or players just breaking down.
Back problems dont go away. That thing with Rio will always be a problem.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Did the physios cause Jones to slip, cause Kevin Davies to crush Cleverley's tendons or give Rio a bad back?

Vidic, Owen, Fletcher, I don't see where the medical team could have stopped those injuries or illnesses.

kps88

You just have to look at the way City played and the way we played yesterday. I'm certain our players ran a lot more. The difference in tempo was notable as well. Playing style has something to do with it.

Anderson8

What? I'm not exactly the only one to have raised this concern. The amount of injuries we have is bloody over the top. I'm aware we have some of the best medical staff in the world, but when what they're hired to do (minimise injuries and oversee rehab from injuries as quick as possible) isn't exactly happening maybe we have to look at our methods. As somebody else pointed out, ligament strengthening exercises etc.