Inter monitor Giggs talks

soccerbest

Internazionale are carefully monitoring Ryan Giggs's contractual dispute with Manchester United.

The Welsh winger has been in wonderful form for United since being deployed in a more central attacking role and sparkled again in the New Year's Day win at Middlesbrough.

Sir Alex Ferguson is determined to retain the long-serving star but United's policy is to offer one-year extensions to players in their thirties. Giggs is seeking a two-year deal and, despite the prospect of there being an option to remain at Old Trafford for an additional 12 months, talks have stalled.

The 31-year-old wants to remain with The Red Devils and all parties are determined to thrash out an agreement.

Nevertheless, Inter are long-term admirers of Giggs and he is being viewed as an alternative to Aparecido Cesar if their bid for the Lazio wide man stalls.

Nerazzurri supremo Massimo Moratti is known to be a great fan of the player and has tried to buy him in the past.

If Cesar does not arrive from Lazio then the expectation in Milan is that Inter will bid for Giggs's services providing the Welshman decides to sever his ties with United.

However, Inter are understood to be awaiting developments as their belief is that the former England Schoolboys captain will stay in Manchester.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=247772

weRutd&werule

soft as shite, demoted and now BANNED
As much as I'd love Giggs to stay at OT, I think he'd enjoy having an adventure abroad. He'd also make alot more money if he went to Italy. I've always thought of Ryan as a player who would thrive there.

I say let him go and enjoy himself-he'd be an incredible ambassaduer for Manchester United.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Inter has been after him for quite a no. of years now, I don think he is going anywhere TBH. But Inter will probabaly offer him a better contract so if they do enter the frame it could complicate things further.

soccerbest

He's going nowhere IMO, newspapers are always just trying to come up with some random crap just as he begins talks about his contract, it's the same with Rio.

Longlivekeano

No Giggs must stay & hang up his boots as a United player.If the board of directors feck this up & Giggs goes to another club, I would be damn angry at the club, stduy harder, be a billionaire & take over the idiots up there & spend all my money on the best available players for United.... But I would not do a private takeover like Roman but let it be owned by the fans. It should remain a soccer club & not some commercial enterprise...

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe
weRutd&werule said:
As much as I'd love Giggs to stay at OT, I think he'd enjoy having an adventure abroad. He'd also make alot more money if he went to Italy. I've always thought of Ryan as a player who would thrive there.

I say let him go and enjoy himself-he'd be an incredible ambassaduer for Manchester United.
Christ you're clueless

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
I don't understand why he won't accept a one year extension. if he is still good at then end, then he can sign another extension and so on.
We can't affort to have a player who will be sitting on the bench get payed 70-80 K a week. Even worse, Sir Alexes loyalty could force him to play Giggs even though he may be useless in 3 year's time. it would only be detrimental to the club, and since Giggs loves the club, he should understand this...

Bearded but no genius

Maybe now, the silver lining of the hamstring problem is it will remind him of his mortality, and fend off any possible January suitors, not that I think we'd sell him anyway.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
As I understand it, Giggsy wants an extension of 2 years past his current contract which ends at the end of 2006, therefore he would be contracted to the club until the end of 2008. In his final year(07/08) he would be 34 turning 35 in November 08. Do we really want to be paying 80k a week to 34 year old winger?
I personally think the board are right offering the one year extension with the option to extend it further if necessairy. Don't get me wrong Giggs has been a great servant to the club and I am sure he will still be for the next couple of seasons but we are a PLC (whether we like it or not) and this needs to viewed from a business prospective.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
£2m my arse! He's worth more than that to us until the end of his current contract (2006). £2m + Adriano and we may consider.....