Interim manager discussion: Who replaces the interim interim manger (Carrick)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyDevil

So, Carrick is just a temp. Not even interim manager.

I wonder what the Board has been doing all this while when the results are not in our favour. They thought Ole will somehow manage to flip the downward form? Jesus...

Ranchero

Even in handling Ole's sacking, we are a shambles. Effectively we are rudderless. No forward succession planning whatsover. Carrick is taking charge with zero motivation as he will be out the door as we scramble around to find someone, ANYONE, to take control till the end of the season. So we aren't even looking for a permanent manager. We are a joke of a football club right now. And it only shows that the problems at the club are systemic. From top to bottom. Ole's sacking is a token gesture for what needs to happen at Old Trafford.

Ralph1386

So, Carrick is just a temp. Not even interim manager.

I wonder what the Board has been doing all this while when the results are not in our favour. They thought Ole will somehow manage to flip the downward form? Jesus...
This is a comedy: we have a temp making way for an interim making way for a permanent manager.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
For one game, yes ok. Just one though and do all you can to get the guy you actually want now, not the end of the season.
What tends to happen at the club is we inch our way to mediocrity.
What do I mean by this?
Today: "we'll put Carrick in charge for 1 game"
Next week: "we need more time, so Carrick stays in charge for another few weeks"
2 months later: "we'll need until the Summer to hire the full time manager"

Do you see where this is going?
Carrick and McKenna have been an unmitigated disaster since they took their roles. They got Jose fired and have now got Ole fired.
Both need to be kept away from the first team.

They aren't waiting for anyone. That would be crediting them with foresight, a plan.
Agreed. They have installed Carrick because they have no idea what to do or who to appoint.
The board are clueless.
They were genuinely caught by surprise yesterday and probably expected Ole to turn the ship around.

This is a comedy: we have a temp making way for an interim making way for a permanent manager.
Somebody reading this would think it's a joke, but it's actually true and shows how incompetent this board is.
Only MUFC's board could come up with the master plan.

Hammondo

This is crazy. If we give it to Carrick, Fletcher, Keane or any other ex player. We need to show ambition and go at least try to get the man we want now. (Maybe after the chelsea game). We must know who we want.
It's only interim.

stw2022

It’s been on the cards for a while. Just because we’ve not announced a plan doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

The reliable ITK sources were tweeting last night we hadn’t made a decision just because we didn’t tell them what it was

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
People are assuming it’s Ten Hag at the end of the season. They might very well be waiting for Poch.
Either of these two would work for me. Anyone else I would say the club has lost the plot. Wait till the end of the season if necessary. Menawhile we MUST buy a DM in January.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Wasn't Carrick meant to be grooming McT as his successor? We saw how well Donny played yesterday. Will this lot continue with McFred during the week and against Chelsea or will realise they need to give Donny a chance now.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It’s been on the cards for a while. Just because we’ve not announced a plan doesn’t mean there isn’t one.
There has always been a plan - just not one that involves winning football games. Which has turned out to be more of a flaw that envisaged.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
History FC still trying to play the ‘Man United Way’.

How to we expect to play slick free flowing football with low level British coaches? Literally no other top team does this.

There’s ‘mates’ all over the place. Darren bloody Fletcher as Technical Director, who would’ve thunk it?

We need to realise that following the Bayern and Ajax structure simply will not work. We should be appointing the best in class at every department.

Hammondo

So what has actually changed? Ole's gone but the rest of them are still there. I am not campaigning for sackings. I just don't really understand how just taking out Ole is meant to change anything.
Maybe it's for a statement, sending a message or not sending the message keeping him would give.

Chairman Steve

They surely must know who the interim guy is going to be right? Otherwise the decision to part ways with OGS makes no sense.

Based on the ‘interim manager until end of the season‘ line, I’m hoping that it’s Rangnick as interim, then moved to a technical director position in the summer with Ten Hag in as the permanent role.

Hopefully this time interim means interim.

Rex Banner

Sacking Ole should be prepared a month before, and it has a two week international break for negotiation of the caretaker before this game. The board should have a plan b if the thing go wrong before this game.

And OLE said it multiple time that the team setup and play style are prepared by Carrick and Mckenna mainly and OLE havent involved a lot of that. So, we will and should see nothing change when Carrick in-charge. We just throw OLE under the bus.
Sure but that would require having a competent board or structure in place and we all know that isn't the case.

In the situation that we're in at the moment you can't just sack your entire coaching staff ffs, no matter how much you think they're to blame. We've got a big game on Tuesday and then Chelsea this time next week. Do people just want us to have no coaches or a manager for those games?

Robertd0803

Wasn't Carrick meant to be grooming McT as his successor? We saw how well Donny played yesterday. Will this lot continue with McFred during the week and against Chelsea or will realise they need to give Donny a chance now.
I reckon they will stick with the same formation and tactics for now as theres not really much time to implement anything massively different. Not saying thats right but anyone expecting a radical new formation and tactics is probably being a bit too hopeful.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The other members of the coaching team maybe.
That's unlikely though. I really think that some fans should pay more attention to other clubs, the SAF era didn't give United fans much perspective about the world of Football. If you give the caretaking job to Carrick he is going to keep some of the current members, he isn't going to pick people from the U23 or U18 because he doesn't have a work relationship with them and it's unlikely that he has a personal relationship with them either. Particularly during the first days/weeks.

justboy68

If they are scrambling this much for an interim why not just fecking take Ranieri back with us from Vicarage Road? He'd hardly say no would he?

I really hope it's Rangnick they've got planned out as interim otherwise we just continue to look stupid.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Bit of a worry, because I’m pretty certain that Ole in isolation, as a toxic or completely incompetent presence, is not the main issue. Feels as if we may just see more of the same midweek.

OrcaFat

The ideal interim manager would have been Ranieri. We need an old guy who has won stuff, isn’t connected to the club and has nothing to lose by handing these players their arses, when required.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That's unlikely though. I really think that some fans should pay more attention to other clubs, the SAF era didn't give United fans much perspective about the world of Football. If you give the caretaking job to Carrick he is going to keep some of the current members, he isn't going to pick people from the U23 or U18 because he doesn't have a work relationship with them and it's unlikely that he has a personal relationship with them either. Particularly during the first days/weeks.
Then what is the point in sacking Ole until we actually have somebody lined up?

Same guys, same ideas, same shit.

A fresh perspective from new people would absolutely be beneficial. Especially when we have a very important game on Tuesday.

Carrick has been at the club for 15 years. I'm pretty sure he is familiar with a lot of the coaches at the club other than Phelan and McKenna. It's a bit ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

OrcaFat

If they are scrambling this much for an interim why not just fecking take Ranieri back with us from Vicarage Road? He'd hardly say no would he?

I really hope it's Rangnick they've got planned out as interim otherwise we just continue to look stupid.
I was thinking the same.

Old Ma Crow

It’s hard to know whether Ole didn’t take good advice from his coaches or whether they were all part of the problem. I’ve never rated Phelan and still don’t know what he brings to the table.

Lukinho

How long do you think it’s going to take us to find an interim. Another 2 months maybe?

klsv

What an absolute kindergarten this place is :lol:

Do you just want the bench to be empty on Tuesday and let the players freestyle the match? Someone will need to manage the side before we get someone in. Or is it just that you don't know what to moan about after Ole got the sack?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Silly? The club needs a new direction, new people.

The sooner the better.
Club needs new direction, yes but coaches plays insignificant role in taking the club in new direction. It's the manager who does it.

eire-red

It's probably going to get worse before it gets better. I guess sometimes you have to take that short term pain for the long term gain.

A change was needed, but I just can't believe we've waited until after the international break to pull the trigger.

Such a mess, from top to bottom.

Ranchero

The reliable ITK sources were tweeting last night we hadn’t made a decision just because we didn’t tell them what it was
If there was a plan Carrick wouldn't be in charge for "forthcoming games" [that's more than one]which is as open-ended as it gets. So that means he will be there for Chelsea. Utter farce.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Then what is the point in sacking Ole until we actually have somebody lined up?

Same guys, same ideas, same shit.

A fresh perspective from new people would absolutely be beneficial. Especially when we have a very important game on Tuesday.

Carrick has been at the club for 15 years. I'm pretty sure he is familiar with a lot of the coaches at the club other than Phelan and McKenna. It's a bit ludicrous to suggest otherwise.
We could have an issue behind the scene with some players openly against the manager's decisions? We could be close to bring someone but that someone doesn't want to take care of the game against Villarreal and would prefer to have more than a day with the team? The board could be a bit dim? Or all of these suggestions are true.

Ranchero

It's probably going to get worse before it gets better. I guess sometimes you have to take that short term pain for the long term gain.

A change was needed, but I just can't believe we've waited until after the international break to pull the trigger.

Such a mess, from top to bottom.
Yes the problems at Old Trafford are systemic. They stem from having a board that don't understand football, are steeped in American football and have been responsible for creating a culture of 'learning on the job' amateurishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.