Interim manager discussion: Who replaces the interim interim manger (Carrick)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's all fine for a game or two, but needless to say that these guys, Carrick, McKenna, and the other one, need to be replaced as quickly as possible and I don't see what anyone of them has done to deserve to stay on.
Except maybe randomly pick one of them as maybe some 4th assistant, behind the three assistant the next manager brings in as his coaching staff, to provide some local folklore.

Carrick in particular has now been a horrendous, truly awful assistant manager for the second manager in a row.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It's all fine for a game or two, but needless to say that these guys, Carrick, McKenna, and the other one, need to be replaced as quickly as possible and I don't see what anyone of them has done to deserve to stay on.
Except maybe randomly pick one of them as maybe some 4th assistant, behind the three assistant the next manager brings in as his coaching staff, to provide some local folklore.

Carrick in particular has now been a horrendous, truly awful assistant manager for the second manager in a row.
Well for a start he’s never been the assistant manager

lsd

The Oracle
Well for a start he’s never been the assistant manager

I refuse to be believe he is a first team coach to be honest.

I have never seen anyone show as little interest on the bench as he does and now we go into a cannot lose game with him in charge

choccy77

Again, makes zero sense having any of these in charge.

Phelen never took any training sessions and neither did Ole.

So the idiots training the other idiots are still going to be running the shit show we've seen all season.

Ollie Derbyshire

Whoever we get in, unless performances pick up straight away it’s only going to be disappointing. Can see it only going one way unfortunately, may as well tank this season, miss out on Europe and hope we choose the right manager to get us challenging next year.

Francis1958

Christ just when I felt relieved to see ole go, they put fletcher in charge..... what the hell! could fergie not manage for one or two weeks at the very least whilst we bring in another manager.

I'm dreading the idea of us winning the next game or two now because these morons in charge will likely give fletcher a 5 year deal as manager
Is it not Carrick in charge, assisted by Fletcher?

AshRK

Whoever we get in, unless performances pick up straight away it’s only going to be disappointing. Can see it only going one way unfortunately, may as well tank this season, miss out on Europe and hope we choose the right manager to get us challenging next year.
I agree. Better to miss out on europe completely rather than finishing 6th or 7th and partaking in that stupid europa conference bs.

Gordon S

Not sure why we would go for Blanc as interim when there are decent managers without club out there?
Favre, Nuno, Fonseca, Valverde, Zidane, Garcia

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
There not big jobs mate. It’s about potential job opportunities and of course money.
Sporting and Sevilla? Those are big jobs. Get over yourself. And how is it a job opportunity when you come in midseason and are to leave at the end of it?

Never going to happen. If they come, they come to stay.

Ollie Derbyshire

Apart from the money, why would anyone want an interim job with us, looking in, I can see a lot of the ones we might talk to pass it up seeing it as too much hassle. We should go all out for the permanent manager we want, make a statement instead of being embarrassing and going for a crap ex player like Blanc, he was awful when he played for us from what I remember.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
That lesson is "don't allow oil money into a league" because that's basically the only reason we've not been even MORE dominant than them over the last 20 years. People might not think in these terms, but if the fecking state of the United Arab Emirates didn't sponsor Manchester City, we would have won a title under both Mourinho and Solskjaer. You can extend that to Chelsea and Abramovich, and now Newcastle United will soon put everything to bed.
Indeed.

If EPL was less competitive like it was in 90s, plus far form being best league in the world, Man Utd would have snatched a couple of PL trophies despite not looking great.

I'm sure most Man Utd fans would rather have a way less competitive league and win 7 PL trophies in 10 years than have the best and richest league in the world but snatching like 0 or 1 PL in ten years.
Bayern Munich is the most marketable team outside of Germany, the 50+1 benefits them massively, since it blocks shady oil money from creating new challengers for them.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Apart from the money, why would anyone want an interim job with us, looking in, I can see a lot of the ones we might talk to pass it up seeing it as too much hassle. We should go all out for the permanent manager we want, make a statement instead of being embarrassing and going for a crap ex player like Blanc, he was awful when he played for us from what I remember.
Dude, you'd not be hiring him as a player :houllier:

Jezpeza

I for one dont understand what removing ole and keeping the same coaching staff will achieve. I hope they are not in charge for more than a couple of days or appointed interim. The point of sacking your manager is change.

Mainoldo

Sporting and Sevilla? Those are big jobs. Get over yourself. And how is it a job opportunity when you come in midseason and are to leave at the end of it?

Never going to happen. If they come, they come to stay.
Don’t worry about it. Have a coke and watch a film.

We can talk about this topic again another time.

Enigma_87

You know who
Again, makes zero sense having any of these in charge.

Phelen never took any training sessions and neither did Ole.

So the idiots training the other idiots are still going to be running the shit show we've seen all season.
That’s on the next manager to decide. What’s the point of firing them all and instilling some other coaches that the board will decide? That’s a recipe for disaster. Now when the next manager comes I hope he fires them all.

the_cliff

I for one dont understand what removing ole and keeping the same coaching staff will achieve. I hope they are not in charge for more than a couple of days or appointed interim. The point of sacking your manager is change.
Because Ole is the fall guy he gets thrown under the bus. Carrickenna will save the board some time and if there's some decent performances they'll probably be the ones to stay till the end of the season.

JuriM

Some of you need a reality check - it is almost impossible to buy out some big club's managers contract mid season, first out of respect most don't want to leave like that, the other is that clubs are unwilling to submit to that.

Our choices are limited, but we need to function as club from this week on already. So take a step back and relax.

Dante

Average bang
It won't achieve anything. It's simply that Ole's position had become untenable.

The board's hand was forced by the circumstances. Hence why we now have mulitple mega-threads debating potential replacements, since there are no obvious candidates. People wanted 'Ole Out' before they'd even stopped to consider 'Somebody Else In'. That's why most calmer heads were urging the club to wait for as long as possible.

Any fix will come, hopefully, with the interim manager. And then after that, even more hopefully, with the permanent manager.

I've said elsewhere that we're currently undergoing a one step backwards, two steps forwards process. Carrick is the one step backwards.

Enigma_87

You know who
Some of you need a reality check - it is almost impossible to buy out some big club's managers contract mid season, first out of respect most don't want to leave like that, the other is that clubs are unwilling to submit to that.

Our choices are limited, but we need to function as club from this week on already. So take a step back and relax.
There are many options that might come and finish the season(along with coaches they worked with). We don’t have to buy out contracts and in fact we shouldn’t do.

Devil may care

Why would any of them take pure interim roles when they have permanent jobs at decent clubs? It's nonsense.
Because they'll have the self confidence to believe they can turn interim into permanent and know with our board top 4 will be enough to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.