Interim manager discussion: Who replaces the interim interim manger (Carrick)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
why would people blame Carrick for this? He could just say feck this, no thank you for the job. He knows the CLub set him and Fletcher up for failure but still has the balls to take it temporarily.

Even if he has his own ideas, there's not much time to implement it. It would be stupid to do much change. What he could do now is just to motivate the players and work on their concentration.
What? Why would they refuse? They're employees of the club who have taken charge for a few weeks. It's pretty normal. Everything the old guard does isn't a charity you know.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Looking more and more likely there won't be one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Does not having his coaching badges, would need an exemption to continue.
I truly think the Glazers and Woodward believe that "anyone" can be a manager and that it's just about picking 11 players to play on the pitch. At most just being a bit of a motivator.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Some bloke texting the BBC to call for Marcello Lippi. I had no idea he was still alive.

Maticmaker

Which international managers do you think we should try and get, who might be interested then
Its a puzzle really, a bit like the saying " I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would let me join"... in this case I wouldn't want any manager who has already expressed an interest, it is likely to be someone wanting out from where they are now. I would like us to go head hunting for a top 5 manager (in the world) and then make them an offer they cannot refuse.

Actually I do the same for Kante, I'd break the bank to get him in our midfield....

....its alright, the men in white coats are waiting outside my door :eek::rolleyes::nono:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
What? Why would they refuse? They're employees of the club who have taken charge for a few weeks. It's pretty normal. Everything the old guard does isn't a charity you know.
I don't know what I'm talking about, i guess. I thought you only go by your job description on contract. But apparently that's not the case. @MyOnlySolskjaer

Matt851

I can't answer that. I'm just sure that some would be interested considering the timelines involved, especially if their team has already qualified.

So that's Flick, Hjulmand, Tite, Deschamps, Martinez, Dalić, Enrique, Stojković, Southgate, Yakin, LVG, Scaloni and Sánchez.

Wouldn't mind Flick, Hjulmand, Tite, Deschamps or Enrique.
Its a puzzle really, a bit like the saying " I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would let me join"... in this case I wouldn't want any manager who has already expressed an interest, it is likely to be someone wanting out from where they are now. I would like us to go head hunting for a top 5 manager (in the world) and then make them an offer they cannot refuse.

Actually I do the same for Kante, I'd break the bank to get him in our midfield....

....its alright, the men in white coats are waiting outside my door :eek::rolleyes::nono:
Not sure I quite understand this one but the idea of getting enrique, deschamps or flick temporarily is fanciful. Enrique literally laughed at the idea of joining united when asked earlier

Not sure why we would try to get one of them to do the united job as a second job when we would have a better chance of getting ten haag or poch to do the job permanently anyway

Yesterday on Sky Sports they were bantering, well I assume bantering, that Rooney might take it and would love it. Today I’ve seen journalist have asked him pressers, don’t know if they were trolling him and Man Utd or it’s actually something they think our board is dumb enough to do.

Devil may care

I truly think the Glazers and Woodward believe that "anyone" can be a manager and that it's just about picking 11 players to play on the pitch. At most just being a bit of a motivator.
Carrick until the summer if the plan is to finish in the bottom half.

Partridge

Ten Hag's quote yesterday were a come get me plea. Look how he responded to Barca links Vs us. Resounding difference.
He, and everybody else worth their salt knows they have a job on their hands at united. It baffles me, the intense stupidity displayed by the club as a whole.

Hoof the ball

Oh god. No!!!!

You just know they're looking for another Ole situation to happen where if Carrick even gets anywhere close to the status quo of securing top-four that it'll be the pretext to a permanent contract offer.

I guarantee that their preferential hope is that Carrick does well enough.

bucky

What do you think? I think he's one of our better options for the role.

Sound like Mendes PR his client gia his trusted mouth piece. Even Newcastle wouldn't go near Fonseca. He's as naive defensively as Roberto Martinez.
It's not like we have much choice here, do we? I thought he did fairly well with the limitations of that Roma squad and the mess Monchi left behind.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

It's not like we have much choice here, do we? I thought he did fairly well with the limitations of that Roma squad and the mess Monchi left behind.
I agree mate and I'd welcome him. I think he'd have as good of a chance as winning a trophy this season as Poch.

croadyman

I agree mate and I'd welcome him. I think he'd have as good of a chance as winning a trophy this season as Poch.
Difference being Fonseca would be an interim and leaves the door open to get Ten Hag in the summer

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Difference being Fonseca would be an interim and leaves the door open to get Ten Hag in the summer
I hope so, but it could also be Poch in the summer. My preference is for ten Hag but I'm optimistic about Poch as well. Both are good coaches.

bucky

On the same page there. Really not sure what to think of Poch at this point, but I'd definitely prefer ten Hag to him.

croadyman

I hope so, but it could also be Poch in the summer. My preference is for ten Hag but I'm optimistic about Poch as well. Both are good coaches.
If I hadn't seen such a brilliant run to the champions league semi finals from Ten Hag in 2019 then despite people branding him a bottler and loser my first choice would be Pochettino

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If I hadn't seen such a brilliant run to the champions league semi finals from Ten Hag in 2019 then despite people branding him a bottler and loser my first choice would be Pochettino
Whoever is selected as the head coach must challenge for the league at the very least by implementing a consistent style of play. And maybe you may disagree, but IMO, everything is in place for the next man to succeed.

croadyman

Whoever is selected as the head coach must challenge for the league at the very least by implementing a consistent style of play. And maybe you may disagree, but IMO, everything is in place for the next man to succeed.
Yeah apart from a top class CDM and attacking RB

ti vu

I don't think he did well with Roma. He had them where their squad quality supposed to be. Di Francesco was performing to similar level, while had a higher height by reaching CL semi. Fonseca almost came short against any good team. Even Ole with his go out and do your magic football is enough to expose Fonseca lack of a defensive game.

His selling point is playing nice football, but I doubt it's qualified enough for our job even as interim. I meant Newcastle rather going with Howe with some assurance due to his experience in PL, and also a British. Culture, shock, inexperience in PL, lack of impressive CV (combined with no connection to the club), it's hard to see Fonseca being seriously considered as a choice.

James Peril

It won’t be Carrick until the end of the season, it only just started - even if Solskjær has managed to ruin it already. We will hire someone professional, they must have learned from previous mistakes - we are not a playground for amateurs (anymore).

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It won’t be Carrick until the end of the season, it only just started - even if Solskjær has managed to ruin it already. We will hire someone professional, they must have learned from previous mistakes - we are not a playground for amateurs (anymore).
The same people who have been making mistakes when recruiting new managers are still here. Ole was just the tip of the iceberg. 4th time lucky hopefully

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah apart from a top class CDM and attacking RB
Of course players will bought but the reason we fecked up in the past was because each time we sacked a manager, the new guy came in and gutted the squad and was allowed to do so, because there wasn't a upto date scouting/ data science networks in place with figure heads at the top to challenge the manager with collated information from the aforementioned departments. Those didn't exist for several years post Fergie and came to be in 2017, from the info in the public domain, with work still going on to catch up with clubs domestically and in Europe.

This is now Murtough's responsibility and we will judge him on who is appointed and to maintain a stability within the squad with the support of the extra 80 to 100 people he's got working under him, which wasn't the case when Moyes/LVG were in charge.

Last edited:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Willing to put up 100€ for charity in a bet. There is absolutely no fecking way Carrick is given the job until the end of the season. If anyone wants to take opposite side of this bet, let's do it. Some of the reactions to a tweet from a shite source here are hilarious. Stop being so negative !!

RedCurry

In worst possible case, why can’t we get Koeman till the end of the season? He has far more management and coaching experience than Carrick at least. Of course I would rather have a better manager but putting Carrick in-charge for rest of the season is going to be disastrous.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I'd be kind of happy to wait till summer to get Hag, yea it's a waste of a ronaldo year but he's just one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.