g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

International Squads for Nov International Break | Martial, Young get called up while Smalling axed

RedDevil@84

So City, Pool, Spurs are not sending their players at least to England squad... Are we the only ones sending players??

Blackwidow

These friendlies against Brazil and Germany are going to be ugly.
Germany, friendly... especially the first of it... no...

Or... there is a lot of players in the German squad that still fight for their places for Russia.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
These twitter tags, #GERFRA, and so on. What would it look like if Nigeria played at home against Germany? :nervous:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
two years experimenting like an einstein and back to 3-5-2 for our 1st leg in sweden, ace ventura :lol:

buffon
barzagli bonucci chiellini
zappacosta verratti derossi parolo darmian
immobile zaza

(aka the veterans self-managing this tie and ventura just playing the train passenger)

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
This fecking international break drives me nuts. Will watch the rugby on Saturday and I am from Ireland.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
So that's five of England's midfielders plus Harry Kane who have withdrawn since the squad was announced for these internationals.

Seriously, what is the point?
That´s the difference between England and other big teams. The players just don´t care for the national team. It´s all about the clubs having the full control over the players.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It’s a joke, as if all those players are injured.
Alli didn't play in the last match and both Kane and Winks had to come off with injuries in a match that was on a razor edge during the whole match. Both Kane and Alli have been playing through with injuries in the past couple of weeks.

There's nothing fake about their withdrawals.

Wal2Fra

So happy with the Martial news. Got tickets for the game Friday so hoping he gets at least 45 mins.

Also great news for Young who has really stepped up last few weeks!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
two years experimenting like an einstein and back to 3-5-2 for our 1st leg in sweden, ace ventura :lol:

buffon
barzagli bonucci chiellini
zappacosta verratti derossi parolo darmian
immobile zaza

(aka the veterans self-managing this tie and ventura just playing the train passenger)
Bloody hell, an Italian starting eleven that I fully recognise. I'm sure over the last few years there's always a dark horse in there which most people haven't heard of.

Irrational.

I don't blame Spurs, Liverpool or City exaggerating injuries in order to exclude their key players from utterly pointless friendlies. We should've done the same in fairness. I expect Jose to make a sly dig about this in his next press conference.

red4ever 79

I don't blame Spurs, Liverpool or City exaggerating injuries in order to exclude their key players from utterly pointless friendlies. We should've done the same in fairness. I expect Jose to make a sly dig about this in his next press conference.
Completely agree. Pointless friendlies, would have told them all to call it off

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very poor comments from Southgate.

I’m constantly amazed at the stick Smalling gets. He’s up there with the very best centre halves in the PL for me, and is only let down by his ability on the ball. But he’s at least as good at defending as any other centre half we have I think.

I made the comparison in the summer, but I think Lukaku is like a centre forward version of Smalling. Both are poor footballers, but very effective at their primary jobs I think.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Bloody hell, an Italian starting eleven that I fully recognise. I'm sure over the last few years there's always a dark horse in there which most people haven't heard of.
ehehe ventura is so scared he is playing it safe, just field the in-form players within a system they are used to

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Dier as captain seems an odd choice, I do rate him as a DM unlike a lot of people on here, but Captain?

Thought it would be someone with a bit more experience like Cahill.

Foxbatt

I thought Damian had a very good game for Italy. He was crossing a lot, good crosses, tackling and even shooting from range and hitting the post. Jose should start him on the left instead of Young.