Internationals March (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The road to Baku / Copenhagen / London / Munich / Budapest / Rome / Amsterdam / Dublin / Bucharest / Saint Petersburg / Glasgow / Bilbao starts this week.

Euro qualifiers fixtures:

MATCHDAY ONE
Thursday 21 March
Group C: Netherlands v Belarus, Northern Ireland v Estonia
Group E: Croatia v Azerbaijan, Slovakia v Hungary
Group G: Austria v Poland, FYR Macedonia v Latvia, Israel v Slovenia
Group I: Belgium v Russia, Kazakhstan v Scotland (16:00), Cyprus v San Marino

Friday 22 March
Group A: England v Czech Republic, Bulgaria v Montenegro
Group B: Portugal v Ukraine, Luxembourg v Lithuania
Group H: Moldova v France, Andorra v Iceland, Albania v Turkey

Saturday 23 March
Group D: Georgia v Switzerland (15:00), Gibraltar v Republic of Ireland (18:00)
Group F: Spain v Norway, Sweden v Romania (18:00), Malta v Faroe Islands (18:00)
Group J: Italy v Finland, Bosnia and Herzegovina v Armenia, Liechtenstein v Greece

MATCHDAY TWO
Sunday 24 March
Group C: Netherlands v Germany, Northern Ireland v Belarus
Group E: Wales v Slovakia (15:00), Hungary v Croatia (18:00)
Group G: Israel v Austria (18:00), Poland v Latvia, Slovenia v FYR Macedonia
Group I: Kazakhstan v Russia (15:00), San Marino v Scotland (18:00), Cyprus v Belgium

Monday 25 March
Group A: Montenegro v England, Kosovo v Bulgaria
Group B: Portugal v Serbia, Luxembourg v Ukraine
Group H: Turkey v Moldova (18:00), France v Iceland, Andorra v Albania

Tuesday 26 March
Group D: Switzerland v Denmark, Republic of Ireland v Georgia
Group F: Malta v Spain, Norway v Sweden, Romania v Faroe Islands
Group J: Armenia v Finland (18:00), Italy v Liechtenstein, Bosnia and Herzegovina v Greece

CET times. All kick-offs 20:45CET unless otherwise stated.

onemanarmy

Belgium are without De Bruyne, Witsel, Dembele, Lukaku, Kompany, Meunier (and Fellaini). Feck, this will be tough. Good to give Tielemans, Dendoncker and Praet a chance. Martinez should start integrating more youngsters, he keeps hanging on to guys like Vermaelen and Benteke.

Schneckerl

Euro Qualifiers feel so pointless to watch with 24 spots and Nations League offering a second chance

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Would actually like to see teams like Norway and Scotland make it this time. Given it's 24 now allowed in let's get some of the nations time has forgotten back to major tournaments.

Hungary and Wales did quite well last time after all.

R'hllor

International breaks, time when players feel free to give interviews about their future and leaving their current clubs, just to defend it after 2 weeks with error in translation.

Ramos

Belgium are without De Bruyne, Witsel, Dembele, Lukaku, Kompany, Meunier (and Fellaini). Feck, this will be tough. Good to give Tielemans, Dendoncker and Praet a chance. Martinez should start integrating more youngsters, he keeps hanging on to guys like Vermaelen and Benteke.
I suppose Courtois, Toby-Boyata-Vertonghen, Castagne-Dendoncker-Tielemans-Carrasco, Eden-Mertens-Thorgan then? Something like that. Maybe Denayer or Bats in ...

That's a serious step down anyway you look at it.

onemanarmy

I suppose Courtois, Toby-Boyata-Vertonghen, Castagne-Dendoncker-Tielemans-Carrasco, Eden-Mertens-Thorgan then? Something like that. Maybe Denayer or Bats in ...

That's a serious step down anyway you look at it.
Might be something like that, or he could play chadli on the right with thorgan in stead of Carrasco, and Bats as the striker. Martinez doesn’t seem to use a lot of youngsters unfortunately. Denayer has been great for Lyon as far as I’ve heard.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I swear every time the camera goes on Löw he's either touching his nose or licking his fingers.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Luka Jovic has scored his first goal for Serbia against Germany.
Serbia lacked a top class striker for ages (whilst usually having solid defences and creativie midfields).

Jovic emergence could maybe elevate them up to Croatia level although there always seems to infighting in their set up.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They are, I still don't understand how a manager that crashed out of the group stages in an "easy group" is still at the helm.
Feels to me like Del Bosque staying on for two years after Spain bombed out of the groups in 2014 WC. That was an error and this looks like one, Germany need fresh ideas.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The problems Serbia normally has depends on the internal relations. They certainly are a dangerous opponent when they show up.

Peter89

Really hope he doesn't go to Barcelona. Such an interesting prospect.
Too early, I reckon.

Serbia lacked a top class striker for ages (whilst usually having solid defences and creativie midfields).

Jovic emergence could maybe elevate them up to Croatia level although there always seems to infighting in their set up.
Creative midfields, not so much. More steel than tehnique tbf.
I wouldn't make comparassions with Croatia, right now I would be satisfied if we played regulary EURO's and WC's with good football.

Also, our FA is too corrupted.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
ZZZZZZZZZ wake me up when the real Football’s back.

Canagel

netherlands vs Germany seems to happen nearly every international break.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I remember Sane having a great game for Schalke away to Madrid and thinking, this kid will definitely become top class. I wonder what our scouts were watching that day.