Internationals March (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

ctp

The ref has to take some of the blame for that. Refused to show any yellows (there were easily 5 card-worthy fouls in this) and the fouls kept getting worse, culminating in that horrible challenge on Sane.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Kruse > All other German Strikers

Sadly he is to "Bad Boy" for Löw. Werner is a good counter attacker but nothing more.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Kruse > All other German Strikers

Sadly he is to "Bad Boy" for Löw. Werner is a good counter attacker but nothing more.
I'm trying to see what's special about Werner, been underwhelmed tbh albeit I've seen him play about 8-10 times and only for Germany.

R'hllor

Serbia lacked a top class striker for ages (whilst usually having solid defences and creativie midfields).

Jovic emergence could maybe elevate them up to Croatia level although there always seems to infighting in their set up.
We could have Messi and we would do everything in our power to be miles away from Croatia.

Didnt even know Serbia had a game today.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'm trying to see what's special about Werner, been underwhelmed tbh albeit I've seen him play about 8-10 times and only for Germany.
There really is nothing special about him, he is just fast which doesn´t help us, when all of our opponents are sitting so deep. His ball control and passing in tight spaces is awful, his finishing isn´t good either (missed two sitters tonight again). Really don´t know why he´s our number one striker without any discussion. Kruse, Volland or even Selke would be a better fit to this team.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Leipzig playing fast counter attacks, he has some good movement to get chances and sometimes he scores. Not really clinical too and technical not great.

Not sure why Bayern want him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Too early, I reckon.

Creative midfields, not so much. More steel than tehnique tbf.
I wouldn't make comparassions with Croatia, right now I would be satisfied if we played regulary EURO's and WC's with good football.

Also, our FA is too corrupted.
Tadic is playing amazing atm (don't think he played tonight), Ljalic pretty inconsistant but have some good seasons in Seria A and SMS can get forward and score so there's three.

dbs235

Always surprised that Serbia aren't better than they are when I look at the players they have. Also one for the weird feelings of football thread: Benfica always seem to have Serbain players.

AaronRedDevil

Can't wait to watch my useless country, no talent or anything to look forward to the future. Plus England stealing all the semi decent players on top of that, while they already have truckloads of talents:lol:...........:(

dbs235

Can't wait to watch my useless country, no talent or anything to look forward to the future. Plus England stealing all the semi decent players on top of that, while they already have truckloads of talents:lol:...........:(
Assuming you're talking about Ireland, your underage teams have been good for a few years now. Just beat Romania 5-0 in the qualifiers for the U19 Euros. You've also got George Nunn of Chelsea and Louie Barry of West Brom who are very good prospects, English but playing for you at the moment. Could end up being another Grealish/Rice situation but I wouldn't say you have nothing to look forward to in the future.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We should comfortably demolish Belarus and Germany still seems to be in disarray, so hoping for at least 4 points, but with a bit of luck 6.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Almost forgot we had a game tonight. Just had a look at the squad, which is quite surprising and refreshing to see. No Kompany, Meunier, Dembele, Witsel, Fellaini (obviously), De Bruyne, Lukaku, ...

Wouldn't mind seeing something like this:

Courtois
Castagne Alderweireld Denayer Vertonghen
Dendoncker
Tielemans Praet
Hazard Mertens Trossard
Russia are no mugs but we should be beating them and starting off our campaign well.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Almost forgot we had a game tonight. Just had a look at the squad, which is quite surprising and refreshing to see. No Kompany, Meunier, Dembele, Witsel, Fellaini (obviously), De Bruyne, Lukaku, ...

Wouldn't mind seeing something like this:

Courtois
Dendoncker
Tielemans Praet
Hazard Mertens Trossard
Russia are no mugs but we should be beating them and starting off our campaign well.
Does little Hazard / Bundesliga-Hazard feature in your squad?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

"Yeah you might have pulled off the impossible on a wet night against the tournament favourites in Paris but we don't think you're capable of doing it at an indoor astroturf venue in Astana Nursultan"

Demyanenko_square_jaw

The world cup adrenaline wore off completely for Russia in the last nations league vs Sweden, one of the worst, most lifeless performances i've ever seen from the nt. There were a lot of injuries, but enough players that started then are likely to be starting vs Belgium to make it a worry as if Cherchesov loses his motivational edge over the squad he doesn't have the tactical skill to compensate.

It could be an interesting game if so many Belgian players are missing, though i don't have much faith in this Russian team away from home.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Does little Hazard / Bundesliga-Hazard feature in your squad?
Yeah he's included. Thought he had quite a good season so far? Could be wrong but I see him as more of a #10 than an attacking winger, don't know how he plays at Gladbach? Wouldn't mind him instead of Praet in the team I quoted.

Ramos

The world cup adrenaline wore off completely for Russia in the last nations league vs Sweden, one of the worst, most lifeless performances i've ever seen from the nt. There were a lot of injuries, but enough players that started then are likely to be starting vs Belgium to make it a worry as if Cherchesov loses his motivational edge over the squad he doesn't have the tactical skill to compensate.

It could be an interesting game if so many Belgian players are missing, though i don't have much faith in this Russian team away from home.
A bit similar to Belgium then, with the Switzerland debacle in mind. And pretty much all of the main players who were missing then (+Witsel) are missing now.

onemanarmy

Would like:
Courtois
Dendoncker
Tielemans Praet
Mertens Batsuayi E. Hazard
Probably will be:
Courtois
Alderweireld Boyata Vertonghen
Chadli Dendoncker Tielemans Carrasco
Mertens Batsuayi E. Hazard​

SirAF

Ageist
Nah, I binned it a while ago. I have the basic RiksTV package and quite a few of the last United matches have been aired on Sport1 which is included.

Samid

Doesn't bode well for McT if he isn't even deemed good enough for this team.

Samid

Local time in Kazakhstan is 21:30, 5/6 hours ahead of rest of the Europe :houllier: Baffles me how they are allowed to be a part of UEFA. You can draw a vertical line from Astana to New Dehli ffs.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Billy Dodds - Former Scotland striker on Sportsound: "I'm shocked, you're shocked, the players are shocked out on the pitch. They're really struggling to come to terms with the occasion."

Um what, they're playing Kazakhstan, pal...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wow, I know no one from that Scotland line up. Now I don't want to say I'm an expert on Scottish football, but usually they have at least 1 or 2 lads I've at least heard of.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Local time in Kazakhstan is 21:30, 5/6 hours ahead of rest of the Europe :houllier: Baffles me how they are allowed to be a part of UEFA. You can draw a vertical line from Astana to New Dehli ffs.
Why are they in UEFA indeed? All ex-Soviet states got an in?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Yeah he's included. Thought he had quite a good season so far? Could be wrong but I see him as more of a #10 than an attacking winger, don't know how he plays at Gladbach? Wouldn't mind him instead of Praet in the team I quoted.
He is one of the best players in the league this season. Has played in more or less all offensive positions, but mostly on the right wing.