Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers)

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Hold your horses, yes we have great players especially in attack but it's Fernando Santos, we will play defensive and in the same system as before :P

Our team will be the usual you have seen before:

Patricio
Cancelo / Pepe / Dias / Guerreiro
Danilo / Moutinho / Bruno Fernandes
B. Silva / João Félix / Ronaldo

Classical Mechanic

Looks like Lingard is going to be recalled for England. Luke Ayling will also be called up which basically delivers AWB for a switch to the Congo. Bad news for the Irish as injuries mean that Pat Bamford is getting called up too.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Looks like Lingard is going to be recalled for England. Luke Ayling will also be called up which basically delivers AWB for a switch to the Congo. Bad news for the Irish as injuries mean that Pat Bamford is getting called up too.
Not a big fan of AWB but that's ridiculous. No way is Ayling anywhere close to AWB.

Leg-End

Lingard really has no business being in there again, try something new Gareth.

Rooney1987

Watching the last few games for West Ham that Jesse has played I would say he definitely deserves it but I guess I’m in minority on this one. Dier and Trippier are both lucky but I quite like the rest.

AWB not getting called is obviously a good thing for United. He needs a break.

Bwuk

Where’s Sancho?

England should go back to 433.

Henderson
Walker - Stones - Maguire - Shaw
Rice
Mount - Foden
Sterling - Kane - Rashford​

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

The most deluded fanbase shockingly also has the most deluded mouthpieces.

Eugenius

Feel like Southgate is just a populist. Why drop TAA on form but then keep Dier? Guess wouldn't make waves then

SwedishFish

What is that midfield :lol: :lol: :lol: I mean Rice-Foden-Mount are decent enough but the rest?

Pickford dropped huh? Good for you.

Think its a bit strange he's selected Kane, DCL and Watkins all three are CF and only Rashford, Saka and Sterling for wide attackers. Surely will change when Sancho gets back but... Weird squad.

Oranges038

He's 27 and not once has he ever looked likely to play for Ireland.

Devastating news for the whole country.

Classical Mechanic

Trent has turned up for literally one game for England. He's been a massive disappointment at international level. I think most England fans prefer Reece James to him.

What is that midfield :lol: :lol: :lol: I mean Rice-Foden-Mount are decent enough but the rest?

Think its a bit strange he's selected Kane, DCL and Watkins all three are CF and only Rashford, Saka and Sterling for wide attackers. Surely will change when Sancho gets back but... Weird squad.
Grealish, Sancho, Henderson and Maddison are all injured but it is our weakest area. I think Phillips is a lot better than people realise though. Pickford is injured too.

He's 27 and not once has he ever looked likely to play for Ireland.

Devastating news for the whole country.
It's good news - he didn't get selected! He's your best chance at getting a halfway decent striker at this point.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
For all the hype, that England squad looks painfully mediocre.

Leg-End

Is there anyone obvious who should be there instead of him?
Well he wouldn’t be in there if not for injuries but games like this are a great chance for giving experience, Lingard is a known quantity.

Doesn’t need to be like for like, surely Bamford is worth a look over the same old.

SwedishFish

Trent has turned up for literally one game for England. He's been a massive disappointment at international level. I think most England fans prefer Reece James to him.

Grealish, Sancho, Henderson and Maddison are all injured but it is our weakest area. I think Phillips is a lot better than people realise though. Pickford is injured too.

It's good news - he didn't get selected! He's your best chance at geeting a halfway decent striker at this point.
Fair play, didn't know Pickford was injured or that Grealish was still out.

SwedishFish

TAA shouldn't be near the squad. He's been shocking for months now, even dropped by Liverpool at times. Can't keep players on old merit and right now there aren't really any deserving Liverpool players to get into the NT, maybe Henderson if he wasn't injured.

visiting villain

Supports
Aston Villa

To be fair on Watkins, he can play as a wide attacker (doesn’t really play that week in week out for us) but he did for Brentford iirc.

saivet

Feel like Southgate is just a populist. Why drop TAA on form but then keep Dier? Guess wouldn't make waves then
Depth is an issue at CB and not at RB. If we had better CB options then I'm sure Dier would move out of the squad.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
TAA shouldn't be near the squad. He's been shocking for months now, even dropped by Liverpool at times. Can't keep players on old merit and right now there aren't really any deserving Liverpool players to get into the NT, maybe Henderson if he wasn't injured.
Since New Year we played 17 games and he started 15 of them. The only ones he didn't was the 3th round FA Cup against Villa and against Fulham were half of the starters were rested for the Champions League. So he hasn't been "dropped at times" at all, let alone based on performances.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
A lot of players are injured
Henderson, Sancho, Grealish, Maddison. Great players and would improve that squad no doubt but 3 of those have not even been to an international tournament. I get the hype, and some very exciting/promising players as well, but just don't think you should be anywhere near the favourites mentioned for the EC this season. Not sure you have been though, mind.

Classical Mechanic

Henderson, Sancho, Grealish, Maddison. Great players and would improve that squad no doubt but 3 of those have not even been to an international tournament. I get the hype, and some very exciting/promising players as well, but just don't think you should be anywhere near the favourites mentioned for the EC this season. Not sure you have been though, mind.
France and Portugal are the teams to beat.

TheGame

Dier has been a terrible CB, Lingard plays well in a handful of games for West Ham then gets called up. Chilwell isn't exactly lighting it up for Chelsea at the moment but doesn't get dropped yet TAA does. Could Bamford have been picked instead of Lingard due to having a good season. Surprised not to see Michael Keane in the squad.