Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I feel whenever I am watching England I am impressed with how well they play though and always with high confidence. Kane is a beast for England and Sterling plays better than for City.

Although not sure they have the mental abilities to win tight games, but last world cup they did pretty well in terms of doing that.

We will see I think England will reach the final, but it is pretty close with many strong sides that are good enough to go far. Although none impressive enough to see as clear favorite.
You clearly watch completely different games to me. We play tumescent, slow football and Sterling is pretty much always awful for England when I watch. It actually reminds me a lot of Utd and the way we play at our worst.,

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
So have I read the groups wrong, surely England would be far better to finish second. I can’t see us getting past either France or Portugal or even Germany. I’d throw games just to finish second if we needed to.
Really? We can't even beat Macedonia :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

I know what you mean but I don't think England have been impressive against good sides. Lost twice to Belgium in the world Cup and failed at the nation's league.
Yeah true the path to reach world cup semi final was fairly easy and it still took pens and a corner to reach it.

I guess France is the side you trust for bigger games, but they never really destroy teams in qualifiers.

RashyForPM

Nah we’ll keep it respectable against Germany I feel, maybe get a point over the 2 games. It’s like being a United fan every qualifying cycle. “Is this the new dawn,” nope, we just always have a purple patch early then it goes to hell because we randomly lose to the shit teams then go into a mini tail spin.

I feel like it’s better that Heno isn’t around, as he hasn’t been the talisman he was anymore. Pleasantly surprised Bayramyan is up to the task, Caporros is also doing a nice job so far coaching the counters.

don’t get me wrong, Ihope that we qualify for the WCmore than anything, especially after getting bombed and screwed this past year, but it’s baited breath time.
Now that Germany has lost at home to North Macedonia, maybe I overrated them too much.

It’s definitely possible though. You guys have a lot of quality. That first goal against Iceland was a thing of beauty!

jem

Now that Germany has lost at home to North Macedonia, maybe I overrated them too much.

It’s definitely possible though. You guys have a lot of quality. That first goal against Iceland was a thing of beauty!
I just read that this was only Germany's third loss ever in World Cup qualifying. That's unbelievable!

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Sane going down for Germany’s penalty too; I only saw it once but it looked very dodgy. I couldn’t see any contact from the defender.
As for the Werner’s miss? Wow!

Acole9

Outstanding
I think Grealish at AM transforms the team.

You put him in there with Henderson and Rice and England will look much better.

Nothing against Mount, who has been doing well enough, but Grealish is a level above
I agree, Grealish HAS to go to the Euros.

Renegade

I think Grealish at AM transforms the team.

You put him in there with Henderson and Rice and England will look much better.

Nothing against Mount, who has been doing well enough, but Grealish is a level above
Mount looks like a 8 to me, if we’re honest it’s probably Henderson that should be making way. He hasn’t played Midfield all year and is going to be coming back from a injury lay off. I don’t think Southgate will be brave to play to a trio of Rice,Mount & Frealish though.

lysglimt

Scout
Sane going down for Germany’s penalty too; I only saw it once but it looked very dodgy. I couldn’t see any contact from the defender.
As for the Werner’s miss? Wow!
North Macedonia - they are not a bad side. You look at the side they have - they are filled with players from good clubs in good leagues

Dimitrievski at Rayo Vallecano
Alioski at Leeds
Bardhi at Levante
Nikolov at Lecce
Elmas at Napoli
Pandev at Genoa
Trajkovski at Mallorca
Nestorovski at Udinese
And a couple of players at Dinamo Zagreb

But if you read the headlines, you would think Germany lost to a D-side. Some newspaper called it one of the biggest upsets in modern football - ridiculous comment

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Mount looks like a 8 to me, if we’re honest it’s probably Henderson that should be making way. He hasn’t played Midfield all year and is going to be coming back from a injury lay off. I don’t think Southgate will be brave to play to a trio of Rice,Mount & Frealish though.
Yeah I can't see him doing so either... Why I hope Henderson is back for the summer as he's better then Phillips and offers more forward thrust.

Cloud7

England’s biggest issue is Southgate.
He is a complete coward and the only reason he’s not come to come under massive scrutiny tonight is because Maguire saved him. No fecking subs? Wtf.
Kane looked clumsy to me this evening he should just stay up top and stop droppi g into midfield. Numerous times tonight we had only one or two in the box for a cross. I wouldnt pick sterling again anytime soon either. Good runner with the ball but little or zero end product.
Swap mount for grealish, sterling for sancho or rashford and we’d look much much better.
I've said this before and I'll say it again, and I say this as someone that isn't English or an English fan. England have an excellent crop of players right now. This group of players, can, in my opinion, win a tournament. What they're missing is a top manager to lead them. Southgate simply isn't good enough, and I would argue that he's wasting this generation of players.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Why aren't the media frothing at Sterling's dive or ripping apart John Stones for his error? Or questioning how useless Southgate is?
All I heard this morning on Talksport was how well Stones did after his mistake and how well he did for the winning goal, not how well Harry Maguire did to score it.

The Purley King

I've said this before and I'll say it again, and I say this as someone that isn't English or an English fan. England have an excellent crop of players right now. This group of players, can, in my opinion, win a tournament. What they're missing is a top manager to lead them. Southgate simply isn't good enough, and I would argue that he's wasting this generation of players.
We are missing some creative central midfielders. Henderson isn't good enough, Rice is solid and a decent enough defensive shield but we don't have anyone to control the game from the midfield. Scholes would have been perfect in there.
The rest of the squad is good. Excellent wing backs, decent wingers, Grealish at #10 and Kane up top. Not many teams in the world could boast such attacking talent and if we don't go further than the semi finals it will have been a waste.
Southgate is way too cautious and always sticks with the tried and tested. With him in charge we may do ok, but it will be despite him, not because of him.

croadyman

Saw something about them raising squad numbers from 23 to 25 but then that could be an april fools thing

Renegade

All I heard this morning on Talksport was how well Stones did after his mistake and how well he did for the winning goal, not how well Harry Maguire did to score it.
They don’t want to ruin the transformation at City narrative when they win the league.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
They don’t want to ruin the transformation at City narrative when they win the league.
They have now put some of the blame onto Nick Pope as well, Stones didn't trust Pope if he passed the ball back to him. Could Harry Maguire have dropped deeper.