Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers)

Paul_Scholes18

You think? England have been absolute toilet in every game Ive watched them play for the last year.
I have not watched every game and not much nations league, but in these qualifers they have looked really good to me. Great flow and linkup play.

Only maybe misses someone like Rashford, Grealish and Sancho to be even better though and get those goals.

Zoo

England will set piece their way to another semi-final then get knocked out by the first good footballing side they meet.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If there was VAR Bosnia probably could've had 3 pens today tbh (at least 1 though). Ref refusing to give anything.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I mean England have the players to be up there with any country. They have to pick the right players though. A front 4 of Kane, Grealish as the 10, then 2 of Rashford, Sterling and Sancho is a no brainer for a front 4 and its a front 4 that is probably better than what any country can put out. England probably also have the best set of full backs around, if they pick TAA (or James/Wan Bissaka) and Shaw at left back. Then you have as part of the midfield base available the captain of Liverpool in Henderson who has been huge for them in their success, multiple other at least solid options to partner and different types of partners, and at CB you can pick between Maguire (United captain), Gomez (starter for Liverpool and CL and PL winner), and Stones (key player for City this year). You have quality all around, it's down to them to be fit of course but also Southgate to actually pick the best players (Grealish never playing despite easily being the best #10 England have, and most creative player) and players who compliment each other.

Thats not to say players like Walker, Mount and Chilwell are shit, they're decent players... but come on. It's not a comparison at all between Shaw and Chilwell, TAA and Walker, or Grealish and literally any other attacking midfielder that Southgate picks.
The front players are quality sure but behind that is a bunch of over rated dross mostly. Very, very average/terrible central midfield (the most important part of the pitch) with average to poor central defenders. Ok full backs but nothing special and a fecking shocking goalkeeper.

TheReligion

Abusive
Great goal by Maguire. Terrible from Stones.

Chilwell was rubbish and should be replaced by Shaw. Philips should also miss out with a more forward thinking reshuffle. Definitely feel there's not enough natural width with Mount, Foden, Grealish and think there is more balance with Rashford in the side. Especially with Kane's insistence of dropping deep (cheers Jose).

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Surely there’s not an England fan out there who can say with a straight face Shaw shouldn’t be playing over Chillwell. He’a awful, even at his best he’s average.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Chilwell was rubbish and should be replaced by Shaw. Philips should also miss out with a more forward thinking reshuffle. Definitely feel there's not enough natural width with Mount, Foden, Grealish and think there is more balance with Rashford in the side. Especially with Kane's insistence of dropping deep (cheers Jose).
Kane constantly dropping deep is infuriating.

cvb

Supports
City

Maguire should've conceded a penalty, so I think it's only fair to say that both defenders redeemed themselves by combining for the winner.

Paul_Scholes18

Turkey are my outsider pick.

Strong defence with Demiral, Kabak, Soyuncu etc. Yokusulu's a solid DM. Calanhoglu and Yazici both big creative forces, supplying Yilmaz who's a reliable finisher.
Maybe they looked good vs Netherlands, but then got 1 point vs Latvia which is pretty shit.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Surely Shaw starts when the Euros comes around? Or is Southgate actually that thick to start Chilwell?
With Southgate we will probably have a bunch of old timers back. He's a feckin idiot and picks his favourites, and not based on form. He's a proper dickhead.

TrustInJanuzaj

Maguire should've conceded a penalty, so I think it's only fair to say that both defenders redeemed themselves by combining for the winner.
Please tell me you don’t think that was handball. Jesus wept.

Cast5

Wasn’t a pen. Maguire was man of the match, Stones nearly cost England 3 points, Maguire won England the game and is twice the player Stones is.

bosnian_red

Ffs this ref blows 20 seconds early :houllier: :lol:
Literally gave them everything. Ball clearly goes out for a corner in the 90th minute and he calls it a throw in. Nothing doing on a blatant pen and 2 50/50 pens. cnut.

Good performance though, play like that and I'd expect us to beat Finland in Bosnia and get the better of Ukraine over 2 games. Really like the look of Ahmedhodzic at the back (previously only knew of him through FM). Nice to see an actual promising CB.

TrustInJanuzaj

This game does show yet again how much better Maguire is compared to the other English centre half’s. He’s the only reliable option. Stones has been hailed all year but it’s clear it’s the genius of City’s system that allows him to play well. Stones is genuinely way worse than Lindelof.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I just endured 30 minutes of Germany‘s match.
- the RTL broadcast is hot trash (who tf is the „expert“?)
- Germany is worse
- that defense is a joke
- Werner is broken and needs to be benched
- why the hell are we not using the VAR?
- fire everyone in the coaching staff now

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
- Germany is worse
- that defense is a joke
He's been on the bench all three games, came on in all and looked absolute trash, even missed a good 1-on-1 chance against Romania. Never seen him this bad in front of goal.

TrustInJanuzaj

Brilliant so people are going to blame Pope for stones mistake. He has acres to play in ffs...

bosnian_red

The front players are quality sure but behind that is a bunch of over rated dross mostly. Very, very average/terrible central midfield (the most important part of the pitch) with average to poor central defenders. Ok full backs but nothing special and a fecking shocking goalkeeper.
Ok full backs? Come on. Shaw and TAA, if both are on form, are as good as any full back pair in the world (IMO the best pair on paper). Pickford is shite yeah, but he shouldn't be starting or in the squad at all. Again, selection issues, Henderson and Pope are both very good keepers. Henderson is far from a terrible midfielder. Phillips is decent, Rice is good and young (but a defensive mid so a pair with Henderson can be too 1 dimensional), Mount and Maddison are both very good midfielders who could work in a 3 along with Grealish being the most advanced mid. Bellingham is one of the most promising midfielders around. Foden as depth to Grealish and adding creativity in a midfield 3. Loads of options, up to a manager to pick the right mix and get them to play together. But the quality is there.

And again, Maguire, Gomez and Stones are all very good centerbacks. Stones next to Maguire doesn't work and outside of Peps system he's shit IMO, but Gomez when fit makes a good partner to Maguire (and you have the understanding to either fullback through their clubs with TAA and Shaw).

Henderson
TAA Gomez Maguire Shaw
Henderson
Mount Grealish
Sancho Kane Rashford​

Is really what the lineup should be for me. Swap Sterling in there maybe but I prefer Sancho and Rashford as the other 2 in there. Loads of creativity and well balanced. Against certain opposition swap Mount for Rice and make it a 4231. Quality is there, on player level. Southgate has no business being the manager of that though, and it's obvious when he makes his selections that he's out of his depth.

TheReligion

Abusive
:lol:
Whatever nonsense makes you feel better about Stones fecking up and Maguire scoring a belter.

Counterfactual

- Germany is worse
- that defense is a joke
It's great how football spans international boundaries. You can feel the fan angst all the way from Deutschland.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Ok full backs? Come on. Shaw and TAA, if both are on form, are as good as any full back pair in the world (IMO the best pair on paper). Pickford is shite yeah, but he shouldn't be starting or in the squad at all. Again, selection issues, Henderson and Pope are both very good keepers. Henderson is far from a terrible midfielder. Phillips is decent, Rice is good and young (but a defensive mid so a pair with Henderson can be too 1 dimensional), Mount and Maddison are both very good midfielders who could work in a 3 along with Grealish being the most advanced mid. Bellingham is one of the most promising midfielders around. Foden as depth to Grealish and adding creativity in a midfield 3. Loads of options, up to a manager to pick the right mix and get them to play together. But the quality is there.

And again, Maguire, Gomez and Stones are all very good centerbacks. Stones next to Maguire doesn't work and outside of Peps system he's shit IMO, but Gomez when fit makes a good partner to Maguire (and you have the understanding to either fullback through their clubs with TAA and Shaw).

Henderson
TAA Gomez Maguire Shaw
Henderson
Mount Grealish
Sancho Kane Rashford​

Is really what the lineup should be for me. Swap Sterling in there maybe but I prefer Sancho and Rashford as the other 2 in there. Loads of creativity and well balanced. Against certain opposition swap Mount for Rice and make it a 4231. Quality is there, on player level. Southgate has no business being the manager of that though, and it's obvious when he makes his selections that he's out of his depth.
You are listing attacking midfielders mostly - central midfield is absolute shite for England - Henderson, Phillips, Rice are all very average and none are creative at all. Shaw and Walker are the best full-backs for England and are ok but nothing amazing, good enough though. TAA has been fecking dreadful all year and is miles off right now. England is stacked with some very talented attacking midfielders and attackers but behind them the quality is seriously lacking.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think Grealish at AM transforms the team.

You put him in there with Henderson and Rice and England will look much better.

Nothing against Mount, who has been doing well enough, but Grealish is a level above