Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers)

GeorgieBoy

I think Grealish at AM transforms the team.

You put him in there with Henderson and Rice and England will look much better.

Nothing against Mount, who has been doing well enough, but Grealish is a level above
I agree with this.
But Mount has been a favourite of Lampard, Tuchel and now Southgate. I think he is a shoe-in.
Maybe there's something we aren't seeing but for me Grealish is better than Mount.

croadyman

I think Grealish at AM transforms the team.

You put him in there with Henderson and Rice and England will look much better.

Nothing against Mount, who has been doing well enough, but Grealish is a level above
Yeah he has to be part of this squad because think he is capable of producing a moment of magic

Paul_Scholes18

I agree with this.
But Mount has been a favourite of Lampard, Tuchel and now Southgate. I think he is a shoe-in.
Maybe there's something we aren't seeing but for me Grealish is better than Mount.
I think Grealish is better on the wing at least from what I have seen for Villa.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I agree with this.
Grealish is much better than Mount. He is unpredictable though and Southgate seems like a very timid coach who favours people who stick to the plan.

saivet

I was just thinking, is there really a need to take a third choice striker to the Euros? Having just Kane and DCL should probably suffice with Rashford as a third choice.

croadyman

Still won't be enough to sack Low. I don't care if he himself has said he'll leave after the Euros, that moron needs to be out now!
I still think you are capable of turning us over if you get out of that awful group just because of the history

croadyman

I was just thinking, is there really a need to take a third choice striker to the Euros? Having just Kane and DCL should probably suffice with Rashford as a third choice.
If it means we could take Saka/Bellingham then happy with those three

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Very unfortunate that NI dont have a striker worth a damn. Just cant get the ball in the back of the net.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It's great how football spans international boundaries. You can feel the fan angst all the way from Deutschland.
It’s not angst since i am currently not really invested in the national team.
I only watched 30 minutes out of the 3 qualifiers and it was a shocking display.

The Purley King

England’s biggest issue is Southgate.
He is a complete coward and the only reason he’s not come to come under massive scrutiny tonight is because Maguire saved him. No fecking subs? Wtf.
Kane looked clumsy to me this evening he should just stay up top and stop droppi g into midfield. Numerous times tonight we had only one or two in the box for a cross. I wouldnt pick sterling again anytime soon either. Good runner with the ball but little or zero end product.
Swap mount for grealish, sterling for sancho or rashford and we’d look much much better.

VivaRonaldo85

Great for the slab to get the winner for England tonight in a meaningful game. Should give him a real boost for the rest of the season.

From a United point of view, it’s been useful for the English players some who have ultimately now had what would be classed as a decent break by this seasons standards. Rashford 0 minutes, Shaw 90 minutes and Maguire 180 minutes in the two weeks. Just hope Bruno hasn’t been flogged by Portugal....

Abraxas

You are listing attacking midfielders mostly - central midfield is absolute shite for England - Henderson, Phillips, Rice are all very average and none are creative at all. Shaw and Walker are the best full-backs for England and are ok but nothing amazing, good enough though. TAA has been fecking dreadful all year and is miles off right now. England is stacked with some very talented attacking midfielders and attackers but behind them the quality is seriously lacking.
Indeed, however maybe the manager could recognise the fact the available options that are traditional midfielders are extremely poor. It's not hard to imagine that an innovative manager might look at some of the more talented players that are at his disposal and what they might bring to a deeper position in terms of energy, pressing, quicker football, even if the defensive nous and positioning takes a slight hit. Particularly when Rice is a fairly solid figure in the team. Such a manager may have even foreseen this problem area a long time ago and planned for it.

croadyman

England’s biggest issue is Southgate.
He is a complete coward and the only reason he’s not come to come under massive scrutiny tonight is because Maguire saved him. No fecking subs? Wtf.
Kane looked clumsy to me this evening he should just stay up top and stop droppi g into midfield. Numerous times tonight we had only one or two in the box for a cross. I wouldnt pick sterling again anytime soon either. Good runner with the ball but little or zero end product.
Swap mount for grealish, sterling for sancho or rashford and we’d look much much better.
Yeah I was surprised he left it so long to make subs tonight when he had 5 to use

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thank feck this interruption is over. Back to football.

croadyman

Great for the slab to get the winner for England tonight in a meaningful game. Should give him a real boost for the rest of the season.

From a United point of view, it’s been useful for the English players some who have ultimately now had what would be classed as a decent break by this seasons standards. Rashford 0 minutes, Shaw 90 minutes and Maguire 180 minutes in the two weeks. Just hope Bruno hasn’t been flogged by Portugal....
Bruno came back didn't he because was suspended for their second game

croadyman

Who do people think we would have a better chance against out of France/Portugal or will Germany suddenly find some tournament form again and knock one of them into third place instead

Bertie Wooster

No. Bruno was only a HT sub in the first game. Played all the second. But picked up a booking in both and so was suspended for the 3rd game so he's had a decent rest since the weekend.

Hester_manc

I have to present a good, young, Danish player: Andreas Skov Olsen. He is 21now, and he scored twice today.

He appeared as a youth player in Fc Nordsjælland under manager, Kasper Hjulmand. Hjulmand is now the Danish national coach. Skov Olsen had a hard time taking the step up to senior football, but Hjulmand helped him forward, and Skov Olsen scored many goals as a teenager in the best Danish league. Then he was sold to Bolonga. Here, Skov Olsen is good, but does not always play. This is partly due to the fact that he broke his back against Iceland in the Nations League this autumn. It was close that he lost his mobility here. But already now, in the spring, he is playing great and has become better than before. He has now scored 3 times in 5 international matches and was, before the broken back, named the greatest Danish talent. He ends up in a big club, far bigger than Bolonga. He's very similar to Brian Laudrup if I have to compare him to another player.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You are listing attacking midfielders mostly - central midfield is absolute shite for England - Henderson, Phillips, Rice are all very average and none are creative at all. Shaw and Walker are the best full-backs for England and are ok but nothing amazing, good enough though. TAA has been fecking dreadful all year and is miles off right now. England is stacked with some very talented attacking midfielders and attackers but behind them the quality is seriously lacking.
Rice is class.

VivaRonaldo85

No. Bruno was only a HT sub in the first game. Played all the second. But picked up a booking in both and so was suspended for the 3rd game so he's had a decent rest since the weekend.
That’s very useful if he missed their third game through suspension. Some much needed time to refresh hopefully.

Raredaredevil

Christ what was the odds on Macedonia to win. How on earth did Germany even lose to them, must be the most embarrassing result in their history.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
So have I read the groups wrong, surely England would be far better to finish second. I can’t see us getting past either France or Portugal or even Germany. I’d throw games just to finish second if we needed to.

Bertie Wooster

So have I read the groups wrong, surely England would be far better to finish second. I can’t see us getting past either France or Portugal or even Germany. I’d throw games just to finish second if we needed to.
The group winners go straight through to the world cup, don't they?
And the group runners up have to play off, with only 3 going through.
So we're much better off winning the group.

TheReligion

Abusive
Think England would give any of those a game. Winner of group goes through though. Second is playoffs.

Wilt

I’m not up to speed with this ......who could England get if they finish second?

Paul_Scholes18

Because Southgate is a terrible manager. England actually has good players but they are being wasted under his management.

Although England fans may disagree.
I feel whenever I am watching England I am impressed with how well they play though and always with high confidence. Kane is a beast for England and Sterling plays better than for City.

Although not sure they have the mental abilities to win tight games, but last world cup they did pretty well in terms of doing that.

We will see I think England will reach the final, but it is pretty close with many strong sides that are good enough to go far. Although none impressive enough to see as clear favorite.

Fridge chutney

Why aren't the media frothing at Sterling's dive or ripping apart John Stones for his error? Or questioning how useless Southgate is?

Fridge chutney

I feel whenever I am watching England I am impressed with how well they play though and always with high confidence. Kane is a beast for England and Sterling plays better than for City.

Although not sure they have the mental abilities to win tight games, but last world cup they did pretty well in terms of doing that.

We will see I think England will reach the final, but it is pretty close with many strong sides that are good enough to go far. Although none impressive enough to see as clear favorite.
I know what you mean but I don't think England have been impressive against good sides. Lost twice to Belgium in the world Cup and failed at the nation's league.

Bertie Wooster

Why aren't the media frothing at Sterling's dive or ripping apart John Stones for his error? Or questioning how useless Southgate is?
There's clearly a British bias about diving incidents.
There was contact on Sterling, but he then flung himself to make the most of it. Similarly, the other day, the Welsh defender, Roberts, flung himself to the floor clutching his face to guarantee an opponent got sent off for a push. Neither will get the criticism a foreign player would for their 'exaggerated' falls.

TrustInJanuzaj

The group winners go straight through to the world cup, don't they?
And the group runners up have to play off, with only 3 going through.
So we're much better off winning the group.
Yeh ignore me I’ve lost the plot and confused these games with anything to do with the euros. Doesn’t change the point though in that for the Euros, if we win the group we can meet one of Portugal, france or Germany which seems like a killer, unless I’m completely wrong.

TrustInJanuzaj

Think England would give any of those a game. Winner of group goes through though. Second is playoffs.
I got a little confused between World Cup qualifiers and the Euros but thinking purely of the Euros I thought it said if we win the group we can meet the second place in the group of death, in the first knockout round? Finishing second seemed a huge improvement in that. Also I have no idea how you think we can give those a game, Portugal and france would wipe the floor with this England side 9/10.