Internationals November (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
DEPAY NOT IN NETHERLANDS SQUAD

Memphis Depay has not included in the 23-man Netherlands squad for tonight’s game against Northern Ireland, which will be shown live on Sky Sports and blogged right here.

He has been struggling with a hamstring injury but did train last night. However, it now appears he is not fit to feature for Ronald Koeman's side.

Alabaster Codify7

Excellent half for us, 0-2 should see us home and dry. I can see us adding a third in the second half and then it's crunch time in Cardiff.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
DEPAY NOT IN NETHERLANDS SQUAD

Memphis Depay has not included in the 23-man Netherlands squad for tonight’s game against Northern Ireland, which will be shown live on Sky Sports and blogged right here.

He has been struggling with a hamstring injury but did train last night. However, it now appears he is not fit to feature for Ronald Koeman's side.
Hope they giveWout Weghorst a shot. Fits nicely in our comical lack of top class strikers.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I was worried Ampadu would get himself sent off after the yellow card but he's been pretty restrained. It's a shame he's having a bad loan as I really like him as a player.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
San Marino score! Losing 1-3 but the celebrate the goal like they've qualified for the Euros.

Ramos

1-4 Belgium in Russia, not a bad result.

Top seeding in the bag and a high probability to meet Russia again at the Euros in the GS due to the Ukraine situation and most other seeds being hosts.

Paul_Scholes18

Belgium second favorites to France still with England third? Or do we think that Spain and Germany are back near the top after a poor world cup?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good stuff from Wales, professional job against a poor team but still had to be won.

Baring Croatia throwing the game v Slovakia that means a win v Hungary and they're through automatically. Wales have a terrible record in do or die qualifying games but I'd fancy them to win that especially with Joe Allen and Ramsey back.

Giggs has his faults but I'm surprised by how much stick he's got so far. One thing I really like is he's properly regenerated the team with youth. Not just the obvious ones like Dan James and Ampadu but look at the backline, guys like Conor Roberts, Lockyer and Mepham all starting a key qualifier. He could've just played safe and started Chris Gunter, Williams and Taylor who have nearly 200 caps between them from last decade.

Looking forward to Norn Iron-Dutch now. I see the inane comments from the dutch guys on here have started already. Hardly anyone even wins by more than a two goal margin in Belfast so I'd be very surprised if Holland win that comfortably, will be more likely a 1 goal win unless Northern Ireland have a bad defensive day.

Alabaster Codify7

Good win for the lads in Baku, professional, comfortable three points. Huge game on Tuesday now, and I see no reason why we can't take out Hungary in Cardiff. 2-1 Wales, and automatic qualification!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Belgium second favorites to France still with England third? Or do we think that Spain and Germany are back near the top after a poor world cup?
I look at Spain and Germany and for elite level they're pretty average sides. Think both will be fully back in 2022.

Portugal are always like a brick wall in the euros and have got more creativity in midfield since their 2016 win so I'd rank them in the top 4 contenders.

Yeah last chance for Belgium with this generation as most of them will be over 30 by time 2022 rolls around. Would have Italy as a darkhorse, been very good in qualifying.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
How bad is Russia? Haven't seen a more dreadful side in the recent past from Russia.
They've been on a downward slope since 09 to be honest.
They'll still qualify for the top International tournaments,to be fair to them, but I cant see them doing a great deal.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They've been on a downward slope since 09 to be honest.
They'll still qualify for the top International tournaments,to be fair to them, but I cant see them doing a great deal.
Think Russia have looked good since the first game of the World cup, Hazard just tore them apart in the first half by the sounds of it.

Anyway some blows for Holland, Memphis and Wijnaldum both injured so their first 11 won't be out there.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Think Russia have looked good since the first game of the World cup, Hazard just tore them apart in the first half by the sounds of it.

Anyway some blows for Holland, Memphis and Wijnaldum both injured so their first 11 won't be out there.
My memory is not so good but didn't Russia play this horrible one dimensional style in the previous WC or am I mixing them up with another country ?
All I remember is this big f*cker ,who looked about 45, controlling everything booted at him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
My memory is not so good but didn't Russia play this horrible one dimensional style in the previous WC or am I mixing them up with another country ?
All I remember is this big f*cker ,who looked about 45, controlling everything booted at him.
Yes they have Dyzuba as the targetman. Was on more about the nice technical midfielders they have in midfield like Golovin and Cheryschev. Mario Fernandes is a pretty good RB aswell.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Berghuis starting, is this the guy who barely played for Watford? Akways confusing him with the other Dutch wide player who has a very similar name.

Paul_Scholes18

I look at Spain and Germany and for elite level they're pretty average sides. Think both will be fully back in 2022.

Portugal are always like a brick wall in the euros and have got more creativity in midfield since their 2016 win so I'd rank them in the top 4 contenders.

Yeah last chance for Belgium with this generation as most of them will be over 30 by time 2022 rolls around. Would have Italy as a darkhorse, been very good in qualifying.
Yeah Portugal can maybe still do it. Ronaldo is getting older though so I wonder how good he will be. The attack apart from him is not that great. Netherlands got a strong midfield and defense, but the attack and wings are not too strong.

Ramos

The defense especially might be a problem after this tournament. Kompany and Vermaelen now really on their last legs, Vertonghen ageing and Toby who will probably be needed badly to step up as the leader. After those 4 the quality drops substantially with the likes of Boyata, Mechele and Denayer or even Engels. There is some talent coming through at CB but they won't be ready for a while.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Occasion got too much for Davis there. Not getting it on target was poor.

Need to get to half time 0-0 now as Holland will get big lift from that miss.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
What a penalty - justice done I suppose given how harsh the call was.