Internationals October (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Damn man. Well, for both our countries, I really do hope things improve sooner rather than later.
Sadly I think its just going to take time, every generation will have less and less, hopfully, and things will change, there is a lot of talk of education, communities coming together etc but the root of the bigotry will always be there I am afraid.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sadly I think its just going to take time, every generation will have less and less, hopfully, and things will change, there is a lot of talk of education, communities coming together etc but the root of the bigotry will always be there I am afraid.
Agreed. We can but hope, but I also appreciate that is probably being naive.

Pagh Wraith

Statement from Prime Minister Bojko Borisov:

Призовавам Борислав Михайлов незабавно да си подаде оставката като президент на Българския футболен съюз! След вчерашната позорна загуба на българския национален отбор и предвид лошите резултати на футбола ни, разпоредих на министър Красен Кралев държавата да прекрати всякакви отношения с БФС, включително и финансови, до оттеглянето на Борислав Михайлов от поста. Категорично осъждам и поведението на част от присъстващите на стадиона. Недопустимо е България, която е една от най-толерантните държави в света, и хора от различни етноси и религии живеят в мир, да се свързва с расизъм и ксенофобия.

I call on borislav mihaylov to immediately resign as president of the Bulgarian Football Union! After yesterday's shameful loss of the Bulgarian National Team and given the bad results of our football, I ordered minister krasen kralev the state to end any relationship with bfu, including financial, until the withdrawal of borislav mihaylov from the post. I strongly condemn the behavior of some of the people at the stadium. It is unacceptable that Bulgaria, which is one of the most tolerant countries in the world, and people of different ethnicities and religions live in peace, connect with racism and xenophobia.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Statement from Prime Minister Bojko Borisov:

Призовавам Борислав Михайлов незабавно да си подаде оставката като президент на Българския футболен съюз! След вчерашната позорна загуба на българския национален отбор и предвид лошите резултати на футбола ни, разпоредих на министър Красен Кралев държавата да прекрати всякакви отношения с БФС, включително и финансови, до оттеглянето на Борислав Михайлов от поста. Категорично осъждам и поведението на част от присъстващите на стадиона. Недопустимо е България, която е една от най-толерантните държави в света, и хора от различни етноси и религии живеят в мир, да се свързва с расизъм и ксенофобия.
Strong words.

Ramos

"One of the most tolerant countries in the world"

Them too? It's getting crowded at the top.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Aaand hes gone:lol: Not only Mihaylov resigned but the special forces are in the building of BFU and are searching for evidence of corruption.. Such a nice little teatro but the international image of Bulgaria got hurt once again..

SungSam7

I actually agree with the UEFA process. It is an incremental process which takes the decision making from individuals to the officials and affected team.
I also believe that by playing on, the affect of that was far more effective than just by abandoning the game. If that had been done, the racists would have claimed a morale victory.
They would hardly claim a moral victory when they essentially just cost themselves watching the national team battle it out with one of Europe's top teams.

On top of that, why don't they just use Bulgaria as an example moving forward and ban them from any international competition. That includes, world cup, euros, CL, and the EL. That would send a message that racism is not allowed. Genuine fans in fear of losing the privilege of quality football will point towards the culprits. May be extreme but the current procedures of closed doors or monetary punishments don't work.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
They would hardly claim a moral victory when they essentially just cost themselves watching the national team battle it out with one of Europe's top teams.

On top of that, why don't they just use Bulgaria as an example moving forward and ban them from any international competition. That includes, world cup, euros, CL, and the EL. That would send a message that racism is not allowed. Genuine fans in fear of losing the privilege of quality football will point towards the culprits. May be extreme but the current procedures of closed doors or monetary punishments don't work.
You will note that I used the word racist as opposed to Bulgaria football supporters.
These racists are not football supporters. They use football as their media to express their twisted views.
So they had no interest in the football and would have loved to have stopped the football. That would have been for them a badge of honour.
You my friend are looking at this from a football perspective, which is completely understandable. To comprehend their motives you would need to look at it from a racists angle.
Publicity, Respect from those with no respect, We showed them. We stood up for our particular beliefs. And the culprits wanted their 15 minutes of fame.
However, yesterday it was football that won, 0-6 and that was important.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
However, yesterday it was football that won, 0-6 and that was important.
There's no logic in that, mate, and it's repeated by well-meaning people like yourself and also those who seek to avoid blame and deep debate. What if Bulgaria had won the match - would that have been a 'victory for football'? 'A victory for racism'?

SirAF

Ageist
So no hope of inviting you over for football, pizza and bear then.

Disappointing.
Hey, I'll never turn down good company + football!

I'm not so sure about a bear though. Might be dangerous ;)

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You need to win the group to be in pot 1. It's all very convoluted but this is certain, Portugal won't be seeds.

Another certainty: Italy will play all their group games at home (due to Azerbaijan not making it directly)
I also heard that Iceland will probably face teams from Nation's League group C due to teams in Group B having to play each other so if Switzerland qualify directly we'll play Bulgaria and the likes.

Portugal will be Pot 2 then. 6 groups and there probably won't be 6 European teams ranked higher than them in total besides who wins the group.

Deawin

Lindelof moving the ball nicely! And a great block!
Overall a good half for him imo.

UncleBob

De Gea seems to be struggling with an injury vs Sweden....Hopefully feck all