Internationals October (Euro Qualifiers)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Turkey beating Croatia away for the shock of the night, pretty much ends Wales hopes of finishing top 2. No idea if they've got any chance of a play off as they did get relegated from the Nations league group.

Bole Top

I guess that's it. we're lucky Turkish players are technically horrendous, otherwise it could have been more convincing loss. Perisic is simply too big loss for a side already struggling with scoring. oh well.

saivet

Sick of being in group with Spain every year. Cheating cnuts get pisstake decisions in every game. This wasn't a pen a few months back:

And this is a 'foul':

I was so confused watching this at first as I assumed it was a header from a corner...McT taking a free kick, a good one at that!

Another angle here

https://x.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1712567949821649101?s=20

Suppose by the letter of the law, offside makes sense although seems very harsh.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I was so confused watching this at first as I assumed it was a header from a corner...McT taking a free kick, a good one at that!

Another angle here

https://x.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1712567949821649101?s=20

Suppose by the letter of the law, offside makes sense although seems very harsh.
He didn't give offside. It said 'foul' on the screen and he signaled a direct FK and not the indirect one you get for offsides.

Oranges038

He didn't give offside. It said 'foul' on the screen and he signaled a direct FK and not the indirect one you get for offsides.
Whole thing was a farce.

They just couldn't wait to look for a reason to disallow the goal, so they did and then decided to change their mind on why 20 mins later.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just ask yourself if there is any chance that goal gets disallowed at the other end.

Not on your life

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
TBF it wasn't a free kick in the first place....Christie completely missed his kick with Carvajal in the vicinity.

Ref was awful for both teams.

No chance Simon would've got near the goal if they'd been no one in front of him, the shot had totally deceived him so it was harsh on Scotland for sure.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Meh. Sometimes the plucky underdogs need the ref to help them win against football giants.

colombianmancunian

Used to love Commebol qualifiers but it's pretty boring now with six going through automatically and 7th making the play off. Argentina and Brazil had it going to the last game in previous editions but now it will just be one long training session with little jeopardy

Hopefully Venezuela finally make it, started with a win v Paraguay.
It will surely affect competitiveness, but is an opportunity for small teams such as Venezuela or Bolivia to finally go to a WC.

Colombia started well, but conceded a PK at the final minutes and it was scored by Darwin fecking Nuñez. At least James scored, going to Brazil has been a wonder for him. The guy is ridiculously talented but sadly for him got the wrong mentality.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Sick of being in group with Spain every year. Cheating cnuts get pisstake decisions in every game. This wasn't a pen a few months back:

And this is a 'foul':

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Good man Alvaro. As you prepare for Sunday keep in mind how one certain team has vocally accused you of being cheats and sore losers throughout these qualifiers.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It will surely affect competitiveness, but is an opportunity for small teams such as Venezuela or Bolivia to finally go to a WC.

Colombia started well, but conceded a PK at the final minutes and it was scored by Darwin fecking Nuñez. At least James scored, going to Brazil has been a wonder for him. The guy is ridiculously talented but sadly for him got the wrong mentality.
Colombia will get ridiculous support in the US especially if any venue is close to Miami. Also have to right the terrible wrongs of USA 1994.

Great point for Venezuela last night, they should be finishing top 6 given the state Paraguay and Peru are in.

Brazil outside of their attackers look very very underwhelming currently. Guess they're just in flux waiting for Ancelotti to turn up next summer. Loads of issues in their team, surely Casemiro and Neymar aren't still going to be starters in 2026?

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
[/QUOTE said:
First incident in the tweet above is now deleted, if its the Robertson/keeper incident ,Robertson is miles offside an makes zero attempt to win the ball. Only one player goes for the ball and only one player gets it. The keeper. Regardless Robertson is offside so a freekick to spain is correct

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Spain taking 70 minutes to gain a lead at home over Scotland plus leaning on a very debatable VAR incident to help them along the way.

How the mighty have fallen.

We’ll get to the finals. No chance Norway are winning every game.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I presume the McT goal was given as an offside? Which was VAR bullshit, but if it was a foul it’s the worst decision I have ever seen.

Marvin look out

I remember the time when Netherlands had so many world class strikers that the likes of Hasselbaink and Makaay were on the bench. Nowadays Weghorst is a starter.

Zen

Woof, lovely shot from Jim Maddison there. That'll be gif worthy. :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I have my vaseline ready for tonight. France is going to feck us.
Just had a look at Dutch 11 and genuinely have no idea who half of them are....Geertruida, Hartman, Veerman, Reijinders.:confused:

Guess I need to follow the Dutch league more as I assume they all play there.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Just had a look at Dutch 11 and genuinely have no idea who half of them are....Geertruida, Hartman, Veerman, Reijinders.:confused:

Guess I need to follow the Dutch league more as I assume they all play there.
The commentator was just saying who was missing before, all their top players. It was a long list.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Laughable yellow card. Veerman played the ball. Purely because it's Mbappe.