Internationals October (Euro Qualifiers)

Zen

Kalvin Phillips has been the only negative tonight really.

Wonder if TAA can't play there instead of him? Think JWP would also do a better job to be honest.
Let's be real, it'd be 4-1-4-1 if it were Pep or Klopp.... any of Shaw, James, Trent or Stones from centre back come from defence into double pivot. By the time England figure that out, everyone will know how to counter it effectively.

saivet

Kalvin Phillips has been the only negative tonight really.

Wonder if TAA can't play there instead of him? Think JWP would also do a better job to be honest.
I would like to see TAA in there instead of Phillips and would be interested to see JWP there too.

redshaw

Very good response from England and Bellingham. Italy did look threatening in the first half and could've got more.

Zen

Who should he play instead of Phillips or Henderson?
Let's be real, it'd be 4-1-4-1 if it were Pep or Klopp.... any of Shaw, James, Trent or Stones from centre back come from defence into double pivot. By the time England figure that out, everyone will know how to counter it effectively.
Therefor it's Foden, after Saka takes his slot back.

ErikElevenHag

Routine win, took care of them without ever getting into second gear.

As usual Gareths critics think it should have been 9-1 and we won in spite of him.

JogaBonitoRooney

I fully expected England to win the Euro. Anything less will be a failure but can only see France beating them in a tight game.

thepolice123

Never thought I'd see a day when England completely outclassed Italy.

It's coming home. :nervous:

Hester_manc

Denmark played a ridiculously poor game against San Marino. The most worrying thing, however, is that throughout almost the entire match San Marino tried to deliberately injure Højlund after he accidentally elbowed an opponent in the first half.
In the end, I actually think that they managed to injure Højlund, who got a knee in his back and had to be replaced. A back injury was precisely the reason why Højlund was injured at the start of the season. The danish captain (who speaks italian) confirmed that San Marino`s players talked about injuring Højlund.

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Højlund and Eriksen returning from international duty after one of the most embarrassing wins (yes apparently that can be a thing) ever.

England really should have a good manager right now. Their opponents haven't been as weak ever whilst they've had a strong squad as they have now. Tournament in Germany where Germany aren't going to win. Italy is filled with OK players. Spain lack firepower. Belgium's golden generation is mostly gone. So is Croatia's. Only France and Portugal are real threats.

pascell

I'm so jealous that we'll never see Bellingham in a United shirt, he's something else. He'll be an absolute bargain at whatever Real have paid for him.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Grealish is truly world class at running into a blind alley and falling over. Honestly think he may be the best in the world at it.
Rashford isn't far behind, though he can shoot so that's his saving grace

The Purley King

Bellingham is a fecking superstar.
Without him I don’t think we win that game. So positive in possession always looking forward, strong , skillful, eye for goal. The complete package. The second goal he tackled brilliantly then drove forward and set up the goal with a brilliant run across the defence.
Englands midfield is strong but he is the linchpin.
Italy, by comparison had a West Ham reject up front.
If we don’t win the euros next summer surely to god Southgate must go.
Portugal maybe can compare in terms of squad strength (bar the ronaldo effect) but we should 100% be winning that.

JogaBonitoRooney

Bellingham is a fecking superstar.
Without him I don’t think we win that game. So positive in possession always looking forward, strong , skillful, eye for goal. The complete package. The second goal he tackled brilliantly then drove forward and set up the goal with a brilliant run across the defence.
Englands midfield is strong but he is the linchpin.
Italy, by comparison had a West Ham reject up front.
If we don’t win the euros next summer surely to god Southgate must go.
Portugal maybe can compare in terms of squad strength (bar the ronaldo effect) but we should 100% be winning that.
What about France?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
One of the great football mysteries why no one in europe has gone for Yefferson Soteldo, what a great run for Venezuela's second goal v Chile.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of the great football mysteries why no one in europe has gone for Yefferson Soteldo, what a great run for Venezuela's second goal v Chile.
Good player but he’s fecking tiny. 5’3. I wanted santos to win the Libatadoras back in 2020 just for him but they unfortunately lost in the final

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good player but he’s fecking tiny. 5’3. I wanted santos to win the Libatadoras back in 2020 just for him but they unfortunately lost in the final
Loads of 5ft 5-7 players in europe. Brazil football is pretty rough so I think he'd handle the physical side fine in europe. Since Chile gone down to 10 men he's running riot down the left, vibes of Grealish in 2021.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Loads of 5ft 5-7 players in europe. Brazil football is pretty rough so I think he'd handle the physical side fine in europe. Since Chile gone down to 10 men he's running riot down the left, vibes of Grealish in 2021.
His relatively low goal numbers along with being a midget do him no favours.

He does seem like someone you'd have expected to at least rock up at a newly promoted La Liga side or something, though.

Blackwidow

No qualifiers - but Germany plays against Mexico in Philadelphia in 45 minutes.

German team:

Ter Stegen
Tah - Süle - Rüdiger - Gosens
Groß - Gündogan
Wirtz - Musiala
Sane - Müller

(Interestingly no Goretzka or Havertz in any of the two starting lineups)

Stig

I turned it off. I thought it was played at walking pace and was absolutely uninspiring.

Did I misjudge it ? Was it modern chess or something that I just don't get.?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I turned it off. I thought it was played at walking pace and was absolutely uninspiring.

Did I misjudge it ? Was it modern chess or something that I just don't get.?
You don't get it and you misjudged

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Watching Uruguay vs Brazil. Figured current hipster manager Diniz vs eternal hipster manager Bielsa might be interesting at least, but it has been absolutely shocking.

Nunez has scored with a header. The one and only shot of any kind that either team has had in the whole first half.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I fully expected England to win the Euro. Anything less will be a failure but can only see France beating them in a tight game.
Zero chance with Southgate. We'll meet a big team, score first, park the bus and crumble like against Croatia in 2018 and Italy in 2021. Or we'll just not play our most in form player like against France.