Internationals September (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Get in Dzeko. Really tough odds for us to make it through, finland have been really consistent and we basically need to win 4 of our last 5 while hoping Finland go 2-1-2. Will still get playoffs I guess but we always lose in those so would rather not

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Finland practically through if Bosnia fail to win this, would be a brilliant story and arguably bigger achievement than Iceland making the last two tournaments if you look at the respective squads.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Get in Dzeko. Really tough odds for us to make it through, finland have been really consistent and we basically need to win 4 of our last 5 while hoping Finland go 2-1-2. Will still get playoffs I guess but we always lose in those so would rather not
Armenia go above you today if they win this with 4 left to play. Think for Bosnia it's same as 2016 qualifiers, poor start gave Wales a good points lead and gave you too much to do despite taking 4 points off them in the end.

Main thing for me looking at this group is how bad Greece have become last few years. They still have decent players in defence like Manolas and Sokratis so you'd think they'd continue to grind out 1-0 wins like in the glory days.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Finland practically through if Bosnia fail to win this, would be a brilliant story and arguably bigger achievement than Iceland making the last two tournaments if you look at the respective squads.
Would be a great football fairytale story, this would be their first ever major appearance at a football tournament if they make it. They've never made it to a World Cup or Euros. When the draw came out, it's widely expected that Italy would win the group, and Bosnia or Greece would fight for 2nd place but christ, what happened to Greece?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Armenia go above you today if they win this with 4 left to play. Think for Bosnia it's same as 2016 qualifiers, poor start gave Wales a good points lead and gave you too much to do despite taking 4 points off them in the end.

Main thing for me looking at this group is how bad Greece have become last few years. They still have decent players in defence like Manolas and Sokratis so you'd think they'd continue to grind out 1-0 wins like in the glory days.
I know but I'm think we qualified for the playoffs already because we won our group in the nations league B and got promoted to league A? Not entirely sure, but I'm pretty sure we already have a playoff spot regardless of this group.

Edit: Actually I still have no idea how this works. I thought it just went purely rankings through the nations league teams that haven't already qualified and the top however many got automatic play off spots. Might be a bit different.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What can our resident experts tell me about Tigran Barseghyan. He's impressed me in these past two games.

Snow

Dzeko get a yellow for diving. VAR would have given a penalty because it clearly was one.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Very good performance by Armenia today, 9 shots on target!

Ramos

I know but I'm think we qualified for the playoffs already because we won our group in the nations league B and got promoted to league A? Not entirely sure, but I'm pretty sure we already have a playoff spot regardless of this group.

Edit: Actually I still have no idea how this works. I thought it just went purely rankings through the nations league teams that haven't already qualified and the top however many got automatic play off spots. Might be a bit different.
You do play play-offs no matter what. Since you're the best ranked team in League B you would technically play Sweden at home and then the winner of Ukraine-Denmark. But since all or most of them should qualify, you'll play different ("weaker") teams from that League that haven't qualified. As it stand it would be teams like Wales, Czech Republic and Slovakia. Just to give you an idea of the strength of possible opponents. But it's all likely to change.

Hope that makes sense.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The playoffs will be a bloodbath, it's an unfair system but those are going to be very entertaining matches. Equally competitive teams fighting in one-off games for a place in the tournament, it's guaranteed drama.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The playoffs will be a bloodbath, it's an unfair system but those are going to be very entertaining matches. Equally competitive teams fighting in one-off games for a place in the tournament, it's guaranteed drama.
Might be in the minority but I hated it when Uefa/Fifa made the play offs seeded. If you're not good enough to win the group you play whoever else wasn't good enough to win the group. If in previous tournaments that meant a Spain-Portugal play off to make the World cup so be it. We've had Italy and Holland miss last world cup, yes those absent nations made it a bit weaker but still plenty of good teams there.

Portugal will still be there regardless I suspect, you're very likely to get second with the win last night.

Jambalaya

We(Bosnia and Herzegovina)should just close our nation team and move on.Years of disapoiments.Half of players treats this team and games like holidays.

Snow

Might be in the minority but I hated it when Uefa/Fifa made the play offs seeded. If you're not good enough to win the group you play whoever else wasn't good enough to win the group. If in previous tournaments that meant a Spain-Portugal play off to make the World cup so be it. We've had Italy and Holland miss last world cup, yes those absent nations made it a bit weaker but still plenty of good teams there.

Portugal will still be there regardless I suspect, you're very likely to get second with the win last night.
Netherlands didn't miss the the WC because they finished 2nd and were worse than the other 2nd placed teams. They finished 3rd. Different to Italy that finished 2nd but were beaten by Sweden. The WC was not weaker because a team that finished 3rd in their qualifying group was missing.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

Yeah we should easily make it now, can afford to lose in Kiev and still qualify directly. All top nations will make it without needing playoffs. Us and the dutch were the only ones having problems but after we both won that's no longer the case.

It's a bit confusing how the whole system works but looking at wikipedia, as it stands one of the paths to the Euros will be Scotland, Norway, Serbia and Bulgaria where only one of them goes through. Another one of the paths will be Bosnia, Wales, Czech Republic and Slovakia. Those look like pretty evenly matched games.

Snow

Kasper Schmeichel didn't sound half-bad singing the Danish national anthem there. You don't often hear players keep pitch.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It was a joke... and he was our best player in 2008. Would have gone through if not for horrendous refereeing.

Hopefully we meet again next year now that the teams are actually evenly matched, this time with VAR so there’s no funny business as usual.
Germans are in no mood for jokes these days given the state of our team :p

And I think you're referring to the Ballack push on Ferreira? I thought it was just 50 50 physical play :wenger:

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Germans are in no mood for jokes these days given the state of our team :p

And I think you're referring to the Ballack push on Ferreira? I thought it was just 50 50 physical play :wenger:
:lol:

Worst part about that goal is that it gave me flashbacks to the 2004 final with Ricardo not having a clue on how to come out for a cross.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Emerson out injured for Italy. Lots of injuries as usual during the international break.

Good atmosphere in Finland, you can tell how much this would mean. They’ve started well too