Internationals September (Nations League + Friendlies) | England RELEGATED

redshaw

Should've been 3-1 to Italy's second string.

At least England looked more comfortable going forward in the switched formation but it shows Southgate is still fumbling around figuring it out and may never do so.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Mancini and a really poor side, versus a good side and Southgate. Mancini wins easily, did it in the Euros and today.
It's amazing because England looked like a tough team to beat on the tournament and Rice was far better plus he knew exactly what to do on the pitch.

One good managerial choice indeed and England could possibly win a huge tournament. Nobody in FA is seeing massive potential wasted to this day...

TheReligion

Abusive

At least England looked more comfortable going forward in the switched formation but it shows Southgate is still fumbling around figuring it out and may never do so.
Its strange this yes. Not sure what his excuse is.

Siorac

feck off Sir Gareth. A meagre point, that's all I wanted so that we win the group.

Now we have to get a result against Italy. Do what Sir 3-5-2 couldn't.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Good we included Ivan Toney then didn’t bother even bringing him, I really enjoyed watching Kane do his special needs Roy of the Rovers impression tonight.
How about using a more mature phrase in the future?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Everyone is complaining about England I need someone to share my anger for Germany!!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Everyone is complaining about England I need someone to share my anger for Germany!!
England: 1966 (56 years ago) one major trophy.

Germany: 4 World Cups (last 2014) and 3 Euros.

You can handle your anger I'm sure.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If England hadn't completely bottled it, we could have had a relegation off against Germany. But no, Southgate couldn't even let us get that bit of class B fun.

RedDevilRoshi

It reminds me a bit like the early 2000s England team. A very good team on paper but just can’t seem to click together as a team. Southgate has definitely taken yous as far as he can but I don’t know who out there is realistically available after him? Maybe Poch?

I reckon yous are defo strong enough to get out of your group & if yous reach the QF at the World Cup later this year, that would be an outstanding achievement tbf as you certainly ain’t laying a glove on Brazil or Argentina imo.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Harry Maguire really is an infectious leader

cyberman

FoOtBaLlS cOmInG hOmE
Kane dropping deep has been a huge problem for England for some time now. He just isn’t in the box enough.
It’s ok dropping g back for Spurs but England have better players there, players better suited as a no 10 than Harry in fact. Let them dictate play with the ball.
I remember Southgate started to use Rashford more and was even subbing Kane off more but he has completely rode that back

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Should have got Big Sam in...

Ive not looked, but Im guessing this has been said a million times already. :lol:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Southgate’s pragmatic stance is something you (UK-based) and us (the rest of the world) just cannot agree: you are seeing the enormous yet wasted attacking potential, we are seeing a truly terrible defence in need of extensive protection.

Pintu

If we got relegated what kind of teams would we end up playing? Also it would affect our ranking for the next Euros qualification.
If Scotland doesn't win promotion, we might see a "multi-derby group" with England, Ireland, and Wales. That could be fun.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Southgate’s pragmatic stance is something you (UK-based) and us (the rest of the world) just cannot agree: you are seeing the enormous yet wasted attacking potential, we are seeing a truly terrible defence in need of extensive protection.
I think if England played with width and 4 at the back Italy would have struggled honestly. Your squad is facing a few years of building and maturing to compete again.

giggs-beckham

Clueless

Yea we looked more in control and Grealish was playing well. But it was all so slow too many touches and slow passing. Italy were closing down easily and broke with pace and incision.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Should probably stop calling up players like Maguire.

Need to see more of players like Ben White, Stones, Geuhi, Tomori etc. Players with technical qualities that can play out from the back

James/TAA/Walker - Geuhi/Gomez/White - Stones/Tomori - Chilwell/Shaw

Midfield could be flexible whether to play a pivot or a 3 with Rice sitting deep.

RedDevil@84

Should probably stop calling up players like Maguire.

Need to see more of players like Ben White, Stones, Geuhi, Tomori etc. Players with technical qualities that can play out from the back

James/TAA/Walker - Geuhi/Gomez/White - Stones/Tomori - Chilwell/Shaw

Midfield could be flexible whether to play a pivot or a 3 with Rice sitting deep.
Will probably need to fire Southgate to do all that. Not his philosophy.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
This team instantly looks better with the subs in a 4-2-3-1.

3-5-2 just sucks, England don't have the players for it.
Indeed.
Unfortunately three at the back has got England to a world cup semi final, and a euros, it seems as though Southgate cannot, or will not, change the system.
Italy were to there for the taking today, but being too conservative has cost us our place.