Television Invincible (Amazon Prime)

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
After I binged the show when it came out I decided to do the same with the comics afterwards and ended up disappointed. I think the show made some smart choices when adapting it, especially when it came to chronological changes. Reading the comic a lot of events would feel really inconsequential as they’d pop up suddenly out of nowhere, and then be instantly resolved in a chapter or two. When this kept happening it both made what had just happened feel a bit pointless, and lessened the impact of future revelations and twists when they occurred because I would just assume that everything would be cleared up in the next chapter. The way the show would have a bunch of events happen concurrently rather than consecutively like in the comics worked better for me personally. Keeps up the breakneck pace of the plot that contributes to the popcorn fun, and negates my criticisms about the inconsequential nature of things.

I imagine a big reason as to why the comic was plotted out this way is the nature of a serialised release, even if it doesn’t always suit the story every time or over a longer timeline. When readers are waiting a month between issues it kind of makes sense to end your chapter with a big cliffhanger or something shocking to keep up anticipation for the next instalment, and then when you get to the next instalment wrapping it up quickly and moving on to the next big moment at the end of that chapter. When you’re waiting month to month for a new chapter it’s probably a very different experience to binge reading it.

They're splitting season 2. 4 episodes in November and and 4 sometime in 2024. Arseholes.

Also, they quietly released a prequel episode on Atom Eve.
Have you watched the prequel episode? Any good?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Over two and a half years since the first season came out, crazy.
Yea it’s pretty mental it’s been that long. I’m still going to watch it but there should have been some foresight in getting the next season out.

Hamnat

Just watched the special enjoyed it. Was just reading how the second half of next season going to get pushed out deeper into 2024 because of the strike.

Hamnat

Was really easy to get right back into s2. The little previously was all I needed and I hadn't watched s1 since it went off 2 years ago. Feels like a lot happened this episode kind of a s1 aftermath and new status quo but faster pace than just a "setup the season" episode I thought.
Oh is it weekly? Ughh gonna have to wait then
It is. And they were already planning to break the season in 2 with the second half in 2024. But the writers and acting strikes might push even further.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Was really easy to get right back into s2. The little previously was all I needed and I hadn't watched s1 since it went off 2 years ago. Feels like a lot happened this episode kind of a s1 aftermath and new status quo but faster pace than just a "setup the season" episode I thought.

It is. And they were already planning to break the season in 2 with the second half in 2024. But the writers and acting strikes might push even further.
You trying to ruin my weekend?

The Corinthian

I watched the first two episodes - it's good but I find the time dragging somewhat.

It was bound to happen given there's very little Nolan in the first two episodes.

The Corinthian

Thought episode 3 was great. It manages to walk the line between comedy and quite dark morbid material really well. That scene with Allen went from super dorky and silly to really quite brutal and dark. It’s a great show.

Oldyella

I really like how they play around with the format too. Multiple title cards, title cards at the end of the episode etc. A lot of fun.

Unsure how many episodes we are getting, but enjoyed how they spent time showing us the impact of Omni Man's handiwork from last season.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Episode 4 was great. This show is such a blast. So annoying that they are doing a mid season break. 4 episodes just isn’t enough.

The Corinthian

The boys for me.
No, I'd say Invincible is a better storyline the Boys, and a better watch.

It might be because they can do more being an animated show. Boys is good, but there's a step down in overall quality and storyline.

Also - massive shame there's a mid season break with this!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I have no idea why the second season took them this long. They have material to adapt from so the writing should be streamlined and the animation is absolutely atrocious, much of it just being stills.

Also, someone on Reddit said there is a Prime Video price increase coming in the new year so that's why there is a mid-season break apparently. Get people on the hook for the second half.

Good show but bizarre production process and airing schedule.

Raven

I have no idea why the second season took them this long. They have material to adapt from so the writing should be streamlined and the animation is absolutely atrocious, much of it just being stills.

Also, someone on Reddit said there is a Prime Video price increase coming in the new year so that's why there is a mid-season break apparently. Get people on the hook for the second half.

Good show but bizarre production process and airing schedule.
That's probably how TV shows turn to shit in fairness. If they needed to take time to make something worth watching then the wait isn't so bad.

The Corinthian

What a brutal return - Rex, DupliKate and Rae all gone

Massive Spanner

Anyone watching? This show is so good. Felt like season one was really popular but less are watching two now due to the massive gap between seasons.

thought episode six was a bit of a slow down though, also, they really need to learn when to kill characters off, everyone keeps coming back!

The Corinthian

Anyone watching? This show is so good. Felt like season one was really popular but less are watching two now due to the massive gap between seasons.

thought episode six was a bit of a slow down though, also, they really need to learn when to kill characters off, everyone keeps coming back!
I’m watching tonight.

Oldyella

It's very good. Does feel like they lost some steam with the mid season break, but that aisde, I am enjoying it.

The Corinthian

Yea agree with the spoiler but it was still pretty mega that dupli Kate died.

Also I’m a bit over the whole sequid storyline. Feel like that episode that just went should have been the end of it for good.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

It's turned me off the show quite a bit.

Shrinking Rae's death was horrific and it was memorable for that reason, because you thought "She'll blow him up from the inside!" but no, crushed inside with muffled screams. Gruesome. Her death reminded me of Oberyn's in GoT. Hero having their moment? No, crushing reality. But then they bring her back the next episode.

Then Rex gets shot in the head and shrugs that off.

I know they're superheroes but they're a tier below the likes of Invincible/Omni-Man/Immortal.

Massive Spanner

It's turned me off the show quite a bit.

Shrinking Rae's death was horrific and it was memorable for that reason, because you thought "She'll blow him up from the inside!" but no, crushed inside with muffled screams. Gruesome. Her death reminded me of Oberyn's in GoT. Hero having their moment? No, crushing reality. But then they bring her back the next episode.

Then Rex gets shot in the head and shrugs that off.

I know they're superheroes but they're a tier below the likes of Invincible/Omni-Man/Immortal.
It hasn’t turned me off the show but I do agree for a show that’s supposed to be about more than the usual superhero tropes we are getting a lot of them with characters constantly coming back like that.

agree with @The Corinthian too that I wish they’d let storylines die while they’re at it. So much going on that there’s no need.

Hamnat

I wonder how far they go with the new character. It could get very dark from here if they stick to the comics. I think it has been really good so far this second half too.