IPL 2023

dpansheth

Yes 2 of RCB's best performers from last year have been piss this time - Harshal and Karthik
Good in the comm box, improvement over Arun Lal, Manjrekar & Shastri. He's done in IPL.

Harshal is also not getting back into the national team.

Skills

Snitch
Is a 100 off 60 balls a good innings in a T20? Feels about 5-6 balls too slow tbh

Skills

Snitch
GILL!
Take a bow lad. Currently my favourite player of the IPL.
He's an amazing talent. India's top order is stacked with players who can play Limited Overs cricket in the right way - yet they're way too afraid to move on from the likes of Rohit and Rahul

MDFC Manager

Is a 100 off 60 balls a good innings in a T20? Feels about 5-6 balls too slow tbh
You can say so but he couldn't really break free thanks to losing support at the other end and some good bowling.

Gill betters him. Superb.
Indeed, brilliant. RCB lost it at the toss, they were never going to defend a total here i think

zing

Zingle balls
He's an amazing talent. India's top order is stacked with players who can play Limited Overs cricket in the right way - yet they're way too afraid to move on from the likes of Rohit and Rahul
Not sure how everyone fits in. Would like to see india experiment with Jaiswal, Gaikwad, Gill, Surya as a top 4.

sport2793

Not sure how everyone fits in. Would like to see india experiment with Jaiswal, Gaikwad, Gill, Surya as a top 4.
As a thought experiment, I went on cricinfo and looked at the highest Indian run getters but then also took strike rate into account. While Kohli has a lot of runs, he noticeably has a SR under 140, whereas all the young Indian batsmen who have scored a lot of runs in this edition are higher than 140 and mostly higher than 150 too. Think that highlights where India need to go moving forward.

zing

Zingle balls
As a thought experiment, I went on cricinfo and looked at the highest Indian run getters but then also took strike rate into account. While Kohli has a lot of runs, he noticeably has a SR under 140, whereas all the young Indian batsmen who have scored a lot of runs in this edition are higher than 140 and mostly higher than 150 too. Think that highlights where India need to go moving forward.
Kohli is extremely slow by T20 standards for the first 30 runs, puts the team in trouble in the first 8 overs, gets 4 fours to up his strike rate and exits. He's a stat padder in T20 and no one wants to say it. It's not just your final strike rate that matters but your strike rate through the innings.

Yesterday's innings was an exception where he was exceptional.

dpansheth

10th final in 14 editions of IPL for Chennai. Dhoni's last probably.

SirAnderson

Been an interesting 2 last matches, definitely unscripted.
Think GT shakes off that performance and meet CSK in the final, but with the way this season has gone, can easily see it being a clash of the 2 most successful IPL teams.
If its MI vs CSK, I'd probably fancy CSK over MI for the fairytale story for Dhoni last. MI's players I enjoy watching more though.

dpansheth

Been an interesting 2 last matches, definitely unscripted.
Think GT shakes off that performance and meet CSK in the final, but with the way this season has gone, can easily see it being a clash of the 2 most successful IPL teams.
If its MI vs CSK, I'd probably fancy CSK over MI for the fairytale story for Dhoni last. MI's players I enjoy watching more though.
Gonna be a good final either way.
Supporting CSK & GT to meet in the final.

Sylar

Would be quite something for Titans to lead all the way through, then beat RCB so that MI go through, only for MI to knock them out after Titans lost the qualifier :lol:

Sylar

That's how you punish a dropped catch. Getting 99 after the catch :lol:
Then being caught

Skills

Snitch
That's a nasty, nasty hit on Green. He should be wearing an armguard

Sylar

This is gonna be fun now with sky and Tilak. This could be some chase

SirAnderson

This has been just lovely from GT, what a performance after the previous game.

Will be a cracking final I hope. I'm team GT, but wouldn't be too sad if Dhoni got his fairytale send off.

sport2793

Wadda playa.. Jaiswal opening with Gill in a couple of years.. will be a sight.
Better be sooner than that. Gill 1, Jaiswal 2, would put Kohli at 3, Surya at 4, Kishan at 5, Hardik 6, Tilak 7, Jadeja 8, Shami 9, Bumrah 10, Siraj/Chahal 11. Best XI for me that India could put out for T20s based on current form/future potential. Would be hard for any country to beat that I reckon.

mav_9me

Better be sooner than that. Gill 1, Jaiswal 2, would put Kohli at 3, Surya at 4, Kishan at 5, Hardik 6, Tilak 7, Jadeja 8, Shami 9, Bumrah 10, Siraj/Chahal 11. Best XI for me that India could put out for T20s based on current form/future potential. Would be hard for any country to beat that I reckon.
I have very little faith in the system to get that team together. Ffs we were till few months ago still playing KL Rahul ahead of Gill...