IPL 2024

zing

Zingle balls
Glad Surya is staying out with an injury to win this complete dead rubber with a world cup around the corner

Using the exact same part of his brain that he used in the WC final 2023

zing

Zingle balls
Great innings by Samson but he is not happy with the third umpire for that call.
looked very not out - and may have cost RR the game looking at how it is going

Ish

Lights on for Luke
looked very not out - and may have cost RR the game looking at how it is going
Yeah, bit of an impossible angle to be 100% sure but it did look like his foot touched.

Bloody he’ll, as Sampson went out, Powell scored two fours and at the start of Khaleels over they hit a 6 & a 4 and I thought that’s the game for RR and I went to eat something. Now I see they’ve lost another 3 wickets.

edit: it was Kuldeep who did the damage.

MDFC Manager

Powell should be batting higher up their order. 2nd game in a row that'll be hurting them

AshRK

Too late for delhi I feel. Rajasthan need to be careful or they may miss out on top 2.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
DC’s picked up some decent form recently. In with a decent shot of making the playoffs.
It's replacing Warner with Fraser-McGurk that's done the damage. The kid Is a beast.

zing

Zingle balls
Powell should be batting higher up their order. 2nd game in a row that'll be hurting them
They're just a stacked team - very good bench

Hetmyer, Jurel, Burger, Kuldeep Sen didnt play and all are excellent for the roles they replace in the 11

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's replacing Warner with Fraser-McGurk that's done the damage. The kid Is a beast.
JFM does seem a special talent. Plays with absolutely no fear.
CSK in trouble actually with their bowling decimated. Pathirana, Chahar, Theekahana, Rahman...all gone!
All gone back to their national teams or injuries?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
JFM does seem a special talent. Plays with absolutely no fear.
i watched him play for the Renegades in the BBL earlier this year. A lot of Aussies seem to think he'll be their next big star. Reminds me a lot of Glenn Maxwell.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
i watched him play for the Renegades in the BBL earlier this year. A lot of Aussies seem to think he'll be their next big star. Reminds me a lot of Glenn Maxwell.
Nice! I was watching the BBL as well. Yeah apparently very highly rated with Aaron Hardie also highly rated as an all rounder. Hes taken to the IPL like a duck to water.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Nice! I was watching the BBL as well. Yeah apparently very highly rated with Aaron Hardie also highly rated as an all rounder. Hes taken to the IPL like a duck to water.
I read a piece on him that said he's the first player in the history of the IPL to hit 3 half centuries in less than 20 balls. Not bad for just a handful of games.

zing

Zingle balls
KL Rahul best get a move on here. He’s putting immense pressure on the rest of the lineup if they fall too far behind the rr here.
Loaded this page and thought "yea, I agree" and then saw you posted it on Sunday

zing

Zingle balls
That was a batting show

Two phenomenal players

zing

Zingle balls
How do you even interpret a performance where one guy batted at 29 off 33, and then you have this?

I hope KL learns from this - just incredible hubris

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I read a piece on him that said he's the first player in the history of the IPL to hit 3 half centuries in less than 20 balls. Not bad for just a handful of games.
Wow, that’s an insane stat considering who’s played here before him and for how long. Isn’t this Heads 2nd or 3rd half century this season in under 20 as well?
Loaded this page and thought "yea, I agree" and then saw you posted it on Sunday
Absolute carnage by these 2. Love to watch it. Feel so sorry for the bowlers at times.

zing

Zingle balls
Travis Head went from 64 to 65 with his first single

What a stat

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Wow, that’s an insane stat considering who’s played here before him and for how long. Isn’t this Heads 2nd or 3rd half century this season in under 20 as well?
In the same article, it said that Head nearly did it because his 3rd half century took exactly 20 balls.

AshRK

How do you even interpret a performance where one guy batted at 29 off 33, and then you have this?

I hope KL learns from this - just incredible hubris
The guy will never learn. Let us not forget he said strike rate is overrated

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
So glad we picked the wrong Sharma for the WC.
Fraser-McGurk's not going either. I'm surprised at the Aussies because they've usually gone with the mantra "if you're good enough, you're old enough." Not surprised at India at all.

sport2793

So glad we picked the wrong Sharma for the WC.
While it’s a real shame that Rohit is going and will be in the playing XI being the captain, I don’t think Abhishek is quite ready even with today’s performance. He’s had some questionable decision making over the past week or so. Definitely think he’s the future though and will get into teams post-WC. I thought Agarkar picked the best squad he could have given the options and injuries, especially in not selecting KL and picking Samson instead.

Plus, Fraser-McGurk isn’t going, which is an even bigger blunder in my view from a cricket board that usually gets these decisions right. I mean he’s being picked in the IPL over the current Aussie opener by arguably the greatest Australian captain of all time. It’s ironic that Fraser-McGurk hasn’t been selected based off his insane form in India given the selector’s entire career imo boils down to one insane series in India.