Is De Gea Man Utd Legend?

Is David de Gea Quintana a Manchester United legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kazi

United career isn’t over yet

He may well end up being in the Top 5 most appearances for our club once all said and done

owlo

He’s not iconic in any way, let alone a legend.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
Didn’t Romero play most matches in the Europa triumph?
Good point.
Some of your phraseology is making me chuckle. You talk about what De Gea has contributed. He’s the highest paid player in the PL which is astonishing and totally at odds with what he brings to the table. He’s a wage thief.
So was Van Persie a wage thief too in his last season? How about Fletcher? Maybe Pogba now? Should De Gea have offered to take a pay cut the moment he declined?
Rooney was past it, but De Gea has actually been a sabotaging influence for three years.

De Gea’s peak years coincided with United achieving nothing of note.

I’m shocked this CV amounts to legend status, but each to their own.
Sabotage is a strong word. We get it, you don't rate his current goalkeeping.

I really thinking you're missing the forest for the trees here because of your (justifiable) dissatisfaction with De Gea's current form. Imagine if he was not here during his peak years. We'd have finished first on the right-hand side of the table.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Good point.

So was Van Persie a wage thief too in his last season? How about Fletcher? Maybe Pogba now? Should De Gea have offered to take a pay cut the moment he declined?

Sabotage is a strong word. We get it, you don't rate his current goalkeeping.

I really thinking you're missing the forest for the trees here because of your (justifiable) dissatisfaction with De Gea's current form. Imagine if he was not here during his peak years. We'd have finished first on the right-hand side of the table.
Van Persie was *the* reason we won number twenty – instant, deserved legend status.

Fletcher was seriously ill, so think we can give him a pass.

Pogba is injured right now, but there were plenty of previous occasions where he has massively under delivered against his cost and status.

Sabotage is clearly an excessive word, but De Gea has been making a high volume of costly errors for a long time now.

I just don’t think someone with this pronounced a trough in form can be regarded as a legend.

This is not to deny that his peak was amazing, but that doesn’t make him an all time United great.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Rooney was past it, but De Gea has actually been a sabotaging influence for three years.

De Gea’s peak years coincided with United achieving nothing of note.

I’m shocked this CV amounts to legend status, but each to their own.
While I've certainly been critical of De Gea for the last couple of years, you are going overboard with your claims of 'throwing the ball into his own net ever other game' and 'a sabotaging influence'. The last couple of months of 18/19 does fit that description, but the rest of the time he hasn't been THAT bad.

Dansk

Half of his time here is down to the fact that he couldn't get the transfer away that he wanted. To me, that makes it hard to call him a legend. He never really gave me the impression of having the "United spirit," and while he had a handful of great seasons, he's had just as many where he was poor to average (granted, his first couple of seaons are excused, given his age at the time). If De Gea qualifies as a legend, we've got like two hundred legends. It takes more than that, in my mind. Maybe if he stays for several more years and goes back to being good.

SirMonteyne

He has more appearances than Vida, Evra, Van der Sar, Schmeichel, and Beckham. He saved us many times.
Just googled it, he is at 24th of all-time Manchester UTD appearances list. How is he not a legend?