Is Eredivisie the real European Super League?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/crank2022.html
From this link this season it's England first then France and Netherlands.
NL collected lots of points in qualifying rounds and managed to keep a good momentum. As a result they could overtake Portugal at the end of 22/23 and even challenge France soon.
what the hell happened to Russian football.They’ll lose their automatic place soon.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Is there an explainer for the dummies at the back, like me, as to what exactly this table is and how it works?
Basically a more robust version of the point system in league football. And instead of comparing clubs, it’s comparing leagues.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
what the hell happened to Russian football.They’ll lose their automatic place soon.
People say it didn't do anything but FFP outright destroyed Russian football and its economic model. Of course poor management on top of that didn't help.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
People say it didn't do anything but FFP outright destroyed Russian football and its economic model. Of course poor management on top of that didn't help.
Since their rating points started to collapse right after their 2018 home world cup it might also have something to do with their state doping operation.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Since their rating points started to collapse right after their 2018 home world cup it might also have something to do with their state doping operation.
It's got very little do with the olympic doping scandals. Football is a different world than the olympic oriented sports, one the government give much less of a shit about outside of the superficial vanity project that was hosting the WC. Any doping going on will be a lot more similar to how it's done in any other league; fragmented by team and player individual initiatives. Teams were tested extensively since the scandals.

Main reason is Russian grassroots/youth systems are largely a mess outside of a few of the big cities. Not remotely enough was modernised after the '90s collapse of ussr setup and participatory football culture never really recovered in much of the country. When more money in the sport and rich owners became a significant thing by the mid-00s, and creating a robust new system was somewhat possible, it was mainly used for short-term benefits like strengthening squads with foreign players (which with the last decent generation of players was able to gain a couple of UEFA cups).

The 2010s decade is the first one that had to stand on its own without being dominated by players that were entirely/partially ussr football products, and reaped the benefits of all of this; plus other new factors like FFP and sanctions/economical decline caused by the government general ineptitude, and aggression in Ukraine. The signs of the current situation were apparent much earlier than 2018.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I'm guessing quite a few Eredivisie teams have entered the Conference League which has played a part in the figures?
In the words of the mighty @KirkDuyt:
We are now virtually past Portugal on the coefficient in 2024. If we can keep ahead of them we will have 2 direct CL tickets by then. This is a bit of a freak season though. With a bit of luck we will have all our teams in Europe after the winter break, though PSV and Vitesse are not there yet, Ajax, AZ and Feyenoord all won their group.

The Conference league is great for us. "big" teams like Spurs feel too superior for it (no idea why, I guess they want to focus on being irrelevant in all other competition), but the coefficient points are the same for a win.
Also:
It's true, Eredivisie have sent their heavy hitters Feyenoord, Arnheim and Alkmaar, while the PL couldn't come up with anyone better than Spurs, needless to say Spurs lost their direct duel against their Dutch opponents and face elimination now.
Tsk tsk tsk - only Arnheim in German-speaking countries, Arnhem for the rest of the world. :nono:

Also, the clubs are called Vitesse and AZ. Those city names are just a result of clubs needing municipal funding and returning the favour with a little advertisement this way... (It's weird looking at league tables will all those appendices now.)
Who called who an idiot :houllier:
Happy to help out here: I think @do.ob called @Champ an idiot. :wenger:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
:lol: We're not even half way through the season.

I do wonder how Netherlands can be ahead of England when Ajax is the only Dutch team in the Champions League, whereas England has 3 group winners and Chelsea in second place. If anything it shows Europa and Conference Leagues need their weightings reduced.
It shows that you lot should start taking it seriously and not have Spurs lose to 6 Slovenian farmers who found a football kit.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
PSV cocking it up against Sociedad at the moment. It's such an inevitability that Southern European clubs shithouse a Dutch team in to a red card though.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Tsk tsk tsk - only Arnheim in German-speaking countries, Arnhem for the rest of the world. :nono:

Also, the clubs are called Vitesse and AZ. Those city names are just a result of clubs needing municipal funding and returning the favour with a little advertisement this way... (It's weird looking at league tables will all those appendices now.)
Sorry, sometimes I forget that the Dutch are on a mission to make everything sound German, but just not quite.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Sorry, sometimes I forget that the Dutch are on a mission to make everything sound German, but just not quite.
You better remember, or I'll continue to increase my post count!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
In the words of the mighty @KirkDuyt:

Also:

Happy to help out here: I think @do.ob called @Champ an idiot. :wenger:
I think I probably deserved it. :lol:

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Hell yeah :D

Kinda love this system though. The eredivisie will could now get 2 CL spots and more EL. Which in turn wil lead to the eredivisie getting less points and let other leagues catch up until it's back to "normal" again. This will lead to more clubs taking the European cups more serious, which has been a problem for many clubs(like Spurs this year). But hopefully the Dutch clubs will keep getting points and keep hunting France for that nr 5 spot(it is doable even this year with some bad results from French teams and a miracle for the Dutch teams)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hell yeah :D

Kinda love this system though. The eredivisie will could now get 2 CL spots and more EL. Which in turn wil lead to the eredivisie getting less points and let other leagues catch up until it's back to "normal" again. This will lead to more clubs taking the European cups more serious, which has been a problem for many clubs(like Spurs this year). But hopefully the Dutch clubs will keep getting points and keep hunting France for that nr 5 spot(it is doable even this year with some bad results from French teams and a miracle for the Dutch teams)
Hoping it does this yes. Teams like Spurs and Roma should realize they're not like Feyenoord who can just put out their kids and still win in Europe.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
3 goalless games tonight.

Ruud and RvP wouldn't score more than 10 goals a season if they were playing today.