Is Fred Good or Bad at shooting?

RedCurry

I’ll post the first serious comment here. I think Fred’s shooting overall is very good. It can look bad when he’s taking low probability shots, as most players were doing under Ole. When you take low probability shots, sometimes they can look very poor. Bruno, Rashford, Ronaldo have all been culpable of that too.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I’ll post the first serious comment here. I think Fred’s shooting overall is very good. It can look bad when he’s taking low probability shots, as most players were doing under Ole. When you take low probability shots, sometimes they can look very poor. Bruno, Rashford, Ronaldo have all been culpable of that too.
I would say average but because he's Brazilian people think he should be much better

Bondi77

Great shot on him.....if hitting the corner flag is the objective

El Jefe

Terrible but when you shoot as often as he does you're bound to have some decent attempts.

No different to Anderson who was also horrendous at shooting.
I'll be shameless and quote myself but it's a mystery how anyone can think he's anything other than dreadful at striking a ball.

How many shots did he have today that were totally useless. In true Fred fashion, he believes he has no limitations and tries things he absolutely shouldn't be.

Lecland07

I would say he is pretty good at finishing in the box.

His long shot doesn't have much power, though, but they are mostly low percentage chances, anyway.

simplyared

One of his efforts on goal yesterday had so little power on it, it was like a back pass to the keeper which actually put us in danger as it turned into a Leeds counter attack.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He's dreadful. He's trying to be Scholes v2 it just isnt coming off.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
This guy and mctom is a constant reminder how we managed to disrespect our greatest midfielders before them. Horrible shot takers

Mr Smith

You could also do that about his passing, his ball to AWB yesterday was incredible and he has a habit of pulling off some great passes from time to time. I would say overall both are good but his mistakes make him look worse than he really is.
He can play a great line-breaking pass and yet frequently makes a hash of simple five-metre passes.

flappyjay

This guy and mctom is a constant reminder how we managed to disrespect our greatest midfielders before them. Horrible shot takers
Mctominay is actually good at shooting. Fred on the other hand might have 1 in 50 scoring rate that's how shit he is at it.

Fahad Jawaid

Is that even a question, he is pretty shit at it. He has no control or direction over shots, plus the shots are weak and feeble. It's a far cry from the likes of Carrick and Scholes who were great strikers of the ball. And don't even get me start on his passing.

I think Mctominay and Fred is Good actually punishing us for having Scholes and Carrick before them. Any game against any team will become a basketball game with Fred and you can't control any match or pin the other team, when your first choice midfielder keeps giving it away and we have to keep chasing the ball.

Hoof the ball

He's bad at shooting. The idea that he's capable of the sublime and the appalling in equal measure has to be one of the biggest overstatements of what is actually happening on a football pitch. For every one excellent shot, there's half a dozen (and possibly more) poor ones.