Is having a throw-in near your box too big a disadvantage?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It may seem silly to cry about but if we think of a throw-in as a minor punishment for your player making the ball go out of play then is it fair when the team in possession must carefully defend the ball as to not concede a goal?

Although at the highest level this shouldn't be a problem for a team, it does fail to punish the team that puts the ball out, there's a big difference between conceding a goal kick and conceding a throw-in near the box you're attacking.

Most players aren't Rory DELAP and can't launch the ball a good half mile, so instead, if the ball goes out of play should it not be a free-kick to the other team?

I think this would be fairer.

Although I'm right feel free to argue against me.

ChaddyP

You're always at a disadvantage because you have one less person on the pitch. I think I remember Wenger making this point.

Jack-C20

I often think that if a team is struggling to get out why not boot it out of play as deep as possible. Similar to rugby in a way I guess.

On a similar note, I’m surprised teams weren’t purposefully booting the ball out for a corner for us seeing as we were so susceptible to counter attacks from our own corners recently.

Is the manager position still open? I’ve got some radical plans.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I often think that if a team is struggling to get out why not boot it out of play as deep as possible. Similar to rugby in a way I guess.

On a similar note, I’m surprised teams weren’t purposefully booting the ball out for a corner for us seeing as we were so susceptible to counter attacks from our own corners recently.

Is the manager position still open? I’ve got some radical plans.
What are you plans for midfield?

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
I've actually always thought that it's better for you to see your opponent have a throw-in 20 meters away from their own goal, than to have that throw-in in front of their goal yourself.

Tarrou

You're always at a disadvantage because you have one less person on the pitch. I think I remember Wenger making this point.
I don't think this is a thing is it?

You can literally pass it directly back to the thrower with the first touch and they'll be back on the pitch in time

Oranges038

Should be allowed throw it back to the keeper so he can pick it up and punt it as far away as possible.

World Game

Should have been kick-in like futsal, I still don't get why throw-in is even a thing in football
Every throw-in in the opposing half would become an indirect free kick though. Ball goes out of play? Pause the game while we wait for those big centre backs to move into the box before we pump it in. Did it get headed away and cleared away for a throw-in kick-in? Pump it into the box again. West Ham and Burnley would love it but the rest of us don't want the game to devolve into a set piece slug fest.

lawliet354

Every throw-in in the opposing half would become an indirect free kick though. Ball goes out of play? Pause the game while we wait for those big centre backs to move into the box before we pump it in. Did it get headed away and cleared away for a throw-in kick-in? Pump it into the box again. West Ham and Burnley would love it but the rest of us don't want the game to devolve into a set piece slug fest.
Then just follow futsal rule where you need to take it within 5 second after the players holds the ball, you cannot wait for centre backs to move into the box when you have only 5 seconds to kick the ball. Nothing's more annoying seeing Shaw and Wan-Bissaka take 15 seconds on a throw-in and we ended up losing the ball anyway, or when we're chasing the game and the opponents take 30 seconds and the referee does nothing.