Is it fair of Ralf Rangnick to give Erik ten Hag a dossier of the players, or should he say nothing and let the players have a clean slate?

Volksie316

Most these so called players, will still be here next season.

We have a habit of keeping hold of players what are clearly not good enough and reward players who haven’t deserved it.

Look at what City did a few years ago.

They realised there GK and fullback were not good enough, and promptly replaced them with much much better players.

That’s what a good club does, and sadly we are just not up to the task.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In fact, why not go for the opposite of a clean slate, where every ounce of goodwill or previous good performance gets eradicated completely by this season.
On a more serious note. No one should get a clean slate, I mean that in the sense that what has happened over the years, the small and big flaws of certain players shouldn't be ignored but there are two ways to deal with them, in many cases it's fixable with better suited teammates and better coaching and on other cases the players need to go and play at a lower level.

m1tch

The only downside to a report on these players is that the man doing it is obviously utterly shite as well. If I was ten Hag I'd try to take a look at player's form over the last 2 seasons if any judgements are required ahead of (or in addition to) seeing them for himself.

SirScholes

reports saying that Ralf thinks whilst they’re are some decent players, they’re too damaged now and broken
We should ship pretty much every senior player out

if Bruno throws up his hands one more time when he takes a shot he can feck off as well

RepardReece

Select few deserve to stay, the rest absolutely do not and can leave tomorrow.

R'hllor

If ETH gives a clean slate to these cnuts, he can pack his bags instantly.

dove

Enough of this clean slate nonsense. I am sure ETH is well aware himself which players are shite but he will need all the help he can get, so any inside info from Ralf should be useful.

Steven Seagull

Difficult to know how bad things have been behind the scenes but surely ETH should be told if certain players are really acting up. There's playing shit and being totally devoid of confidence and there's just being totally unprofessional. If it's the latter just get rid and they'll stink out the place elsewhere.
Best to start with a committed 15 players and find out where you can improve the quality rather than trying to get players to stop acting like pricks

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
With recent reports suggesting that Ralf will provide the new manager with a full report of our current squad, is it the right way to go, or should the players be allowed a fresh start when the new manager takes over?
What a ridiculous premise. :lol:

What's the point of having an expert to scrutinise the squad for 6 months, knowing that he's not really a manager, and then ignore everything he's got to say?

Let's hope you don't take the same attitude in all of your life.

It might be fair when you're earning normal money, but when you are earning 5 and 10 times average earnings every week, then you expect, as a minimum, the right attitude. Ralf should throw every bugger one of them, who deserves it, under the bus so that Ten Hag has a proper understanding of what needs to be done to sort things out.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
With recent reports suggesting that Ralf will provide the new manager with a full report of our current squad, is it the right way to go, or should the players be allowed a fresh start when the new manager takes over?
No white text?

OmarUnited4ever

Select few deserve to stay, the rest absolutely do not and can leave tomorrow.
On merit, no player deserves to stay. (Except CR7 & Youth/loanees)

The reality is the club can't bin them all, so those who stay will stay because of the reality and not because they deserve it.

jm99

Well he absolutely should give a dossier, the whole point of having him as interim manager then consultant was surely to evaluate the squad.

Now, rangnick isn't a great manager so there's certain things that won't necessarily be the players' faults. But things like which players have a poor attitude, which don't apply themselves in training, which players are willing to listen and adapt themselves to a different system, which players are hard workers. These are all things that rangnicks managerial ability has no bearing on.

Ten Hag has eyed and he can watch our games and assess the performances himself, but those other things will be hugely helpful to know in advance, to see who's worth keeping around even if their performances are underwhelming

RepardReece

On merit, no player deserves to stay. (Except CR7 & Youth/loanees)

The reality is the club can't bin them all, so those who stay will stay because of the reality and not because they deserve it.
So, as I said, a select few deserve to say.

OmarUnited4ever

So, as I said, a select few deserve to say.
Fair enough, I thought you meant the players in the 1st Team, only Ronaldo deserves to stay on merit, that's only one, less than select few, and I don't count Elanga as he played with the 1st team after Rangnick arrived.

RepardReece

Fair enough, I thought you meant the players in the 1st Team, only Ronaldo deserves to stay on merit, that's only one, less than select few, and I don't count Elanga as he played with the 1st team after Rangnick arrived.
Personally would add these too, however:
  • Sancho in 2022 earned his stay for me
  • VDB deserves another chance under his old manager
  • Fred has been one of the only assets under Rangnick (although long term I still don't believe he's first team quality).
I'd love to add Bruno, as somehow he has still managed to create the most chances this season, but his constant whining and wasteful passes along with the reduced goals/assists have really made him look tragic this year.

PoTMS

It's fair as long as someone else gives Ten Hag a dossier on Rangnick's work since he's been at the club beyond his odd soundbite here and there about how shit we are.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
feck the players. None of this clean slate garbage.
Preach. The only clean slate I want to see is one clean of all these bottlers and no-markers.

crossy1686

career ending
This clean slate bollocks is the reason Lingard, Pogba, Martial, Bailly, Jones, Dalot and Pererria are all still at the club.

The clubs been crying out for a DOF for years so we can have some joined up thinking when it comes to squad building and recruitment. The outgoing manager has bothered to document what's happened at the club regarding the players and there's a suggestion we should bin it? The last 6 months is a total waste of time if we do that, at least the frauds have been found out now, don’t allow them to hide again.

RuudTom83

Another clean slate? some of these players must have more lives than my cat :lol:

OmarUnited4ever

Personally would add these too, however:
  • Sancho in 2022 earned his stay for me
  • VDB deserves another chance under his old manager
  • Fred has been one of the only assets under Rangnick (although long term I still don't believe he's first team quality).
I'd love to add Bruno, as somehow he has still managed to create the most chances this season, but his constant whining and wasteful passes along with the reduced goals/assists have really made him look tragic this year.
None of the names you mentioned deserve to stay on merit, Sancho is a new signing and is young, so the club would keep him, VdB isn't good enough but with 5 midfielders leaving and ETH coming he might be afforded another opportunity.

Bruno signed a new deal, so we are stuck with, that is the only reason he stays.

My point is that if we look at the players' performances this year as barometer to determine who in the 1st team deserves to stay next season, then only Ronaldo gets the nod, the rest will stay because the can't bin everyone

Blood Mage

If the players have indeed downed tools for Ralf out of spite due to him not rating them, then they're a disgrace anyway and need to be shipped out. In situations like this you play for the shirt and the fans, and maybe to impress your new incoming manager? They should be trying to prove Rangnick wrong about them, not throwing their toys out of the pram because they no longer have an easy ride at the club.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
:lol::lol:

Pretty much this, does Ten Hag have a TV? Internet? Eyes??

Clean slate :lol::lol:
I don’t understand how we can keep getting it so wrong though.

Clear out the shite (and there’s half a squad of it) for any price. Write it off as breakage through poor businesses practices. Sign your really top youngsters before they explode onto the scene. Keep an eye for second contract players on the up. Scout South America throughly and keep tabs on the European Bosman market seeing as we can pay big wages. It’s too expensive to buy from within the league/English players realistically unless you only need one player that window (which is never the case with us) Maybe pick up a relegated player or an improver from the lower leagues on the cheap.
You go out and buy rice or Sancho for 80 million if the rest of your team is fine but we are far from it. We need to start discovering and developing players from lesser leagues again.

RepardReece

None of the names you mentioned deserve to stay on merit, Sancho is a new signing and is young, so the club would keep him, VdB isn't good enough but with 5 midfielders leaving and ETH coming he might be afforded another opportunity.

Bruno signed a new deal, so we are stuck with, that is the only reason he stays.

My point is that if we look at the players' performances this year as barometer to determine who in the 1st team deserves to stay next season, then only Ronaldo gets the nod, the rest will stay because the can't bin everyone
Alright, agree to disagree but I feel they deserve to stay. Sancho for the most part has played well in 2022, just a lack of goals/assists letting him down. VDB deserves a second chance, and to be honest hasn't been used enough to justify selling anyway. Fred deserves to stay after some great performances under Rangnick. Bruno, as I said, didn't make that list

lex talionis

I'm on board with a "dossier". The more information the new manager has, the better. Why is this even a question?

OmarUnited4ever

Alright, agree to disagree but I feel they deserve to stay. Sancho for the most part has played well in 2022, just a lack of goals/assists letting him down. VDB deserves a second chance, and to be honest hasn't been used enough to justify selling anyway. Fred deserves to stay after some great performances under Rangnick. Bruno, as I said, didn't make that list
Fair enough, I forgot to mention Fred, he also deserves to stay in my book, his absence was a killer in some games.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I can see the argument for both, however, in my profession (restaurant management), when I have gone into a new location I don't want any info on any of the employees. In fact, my usual approach is to sit and watch for the first week or two and then make my own assessment before I start to shake things up...