Is our CM situation any worse than it was during our last title win?

MadMike

Our team now as a whole is way better than what Fergie had. I don't know whether Fergie can beat Pep over the course of a whole season though.
But so is the opposition. Man City literally have 2 XIs of enough quality to win the title. That shit didn't exists 10 years ago

Nick7

For me, Carrick alone makes that midfield better than our current one.

People want their new shiny midfield star.

McT and Fred with our fire power is enough to win something.

See Henderson and Wijnaldum.
and what if one or, god forbid, both of them get injured?

Dr. StrangeHate

But so is the opposition. Man City literally have 2 XIs of enough quality to win the title. That shit didn't exists 10 years ago
Chelsea has already done that shit 20 years back. City had Torres and Jesus as part of the front three few days back, I doubt any of them can make our bench when Rashford and Ronaldo get back. We have a loaded squad now too.

Dr Foo

People want their new shiny midfield star.

McT and Fred with our fire power is enough to win something.

See Henderson and Wijnaldum.
Agree that our current midfield has similar purpose to the Liverpool examples - work rate to leave the creative work to others. But Henderson is like a better version of McT (he will continue to improve no doubt), and they still have a proper world class DM in Fabinho

Chabon

PL Starts in CM in 12/13:

Carrick: 32
Cleverley: 15
Anderson: 9
Scholes: 8
Giggs: 5
Jones: 5
Fletcher: 2
Rooney: 2

Weird season. I’ve said it before (and got stick for it) but we should have signed Modric instead of Van Persie.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Our team now as a whole is way better than what Fergie had. I don't know whether Fergie can beat Pep over the course of a whole season though.
I would say only Bruno, Pogba, McTominay, Varane and may be Maguire will get into 12/13 team. Shaw could be 50:50 with Evra. I think RVP was still slightly better than the current Ronaldo, time will only tell.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Yes. Because we had a world class screener in Carrick and tidy passers of the ball. It was sufficiently balanced if nothing special.
This. You can have a billion pound attack but without anyone getting good balls to them they are just a bunch of meatbags.