Is Paul Pogba being bullied and harassed on TV

fergiesarmy1

Not heard any criticism from any of Pogbas current teammates at United, juve or France. All seems to come from the old boys club at United.
I think Rashfords tweet was one of the first digs at him from United players.

RedTiger

Half mast
So you never saw the press go to town on Beckham for a red card in the World Cup. They wanted him to never wear the England shirt again, pictures of effigies of him hanging on the front papers.

Some people are becoming offended on his behalf where he probably doesn’t give a shit.
Opposition fans can say what the feck they like, but it grates when it's the clubs own fans. Beckham was absolutely vilified by the nation for his red card but you know what? United fans got behind him and we cheered him in every single away game to drown out the boos, we also sang songs at old Trafford telling England to feck off.

fergiesarmy1

Opposition fans can say what the feck they like, but it grates when it's the clubs own fans. Beckham was absolutely vilified by the nation for his red card but you know what? United fans got behind him and we cheered him in every single away game to drown out the boos, we also sang songs at old Trafford telling England to feck off.
I have no doubt we would do the same Pogba if he showed the same passion and desire to play for united as Beckham did (until he married that tart).

RUCK4444

So are all these former international football pundits also racist?

What about the black pundits who aren’t impressed with Pogba’s contribution during these 3 and half years?

(Do you know I don’t even like using the world black or white to describe a footballer or pundit because it makes no difference to me). If your shit your shit, if your taking the piss your taking the piss and if you want out get the feck out.
I doesn’t matter if a pundit is black and doesn’t like him, you sound like David Brent arguing that his racist joke is ok because the black guy laughed at it.

Like I said it’s not the only factor but race is undoubtedly part of it.

He’s a leader and talisman in the French squad, the best international team in the world.

He’s an incredible player that hasn’t caused any trouble, never spoken out of turn, only recently his agent and brothers have spoken out and you can’t blame them after years of criticism and being singled out.

The pundits in particular have been disgraceful, nobody in the league has been vilified like Pogba has. That much is obvious.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Criticism of him being a nuisance from Roy Keane is pretty cheap to be honest. Didn’t Keane get arrested the week of the FA Cup final for punching a woman in 99 ? Leave the club in turmoil for six months while running down his contract and talking to Bayern while we tried to retain our CL crown ? Get sacked for slating his own teammates when his own legs had gone ? Cause many other problems with players on a day to day basis. Get sent home from a World Cup ?

Wtf has Pogba done in comparison? Dance and get a haircut.

I’ve no issue with Keane to be honest, he’s one of my favourite players but criticising a player who’s been literally no trouble in comparison to himself is a massive contradiction

Blueman

Supports
Man City
Somehow he falls into that Sterling / Meghan Merkal category

fergiesarmy1

I doesn’t matter if a pundit is black and doesn’t like him, you sound like David Brent arguing that his racist joke is ok because the black guy laughed at it.

Like I said it’s not the only factor but race is undoubtedly part of it.
Sorry? You have lost me here a black player that doesn’t like another black player race is undoubtedly part of it?

KristianMackle

You could say that but he has never come out to defend this club when his agent has said the worst things about this club(true they may be or not).
Only thing he said to the media regarding his future was that he wanted to leave.

fergiesarmy1

Ever wonder why you think that ? Is McT doing the same as Rashford ? Did Bailly ?
I don’t doubt McTominay’s priorities whereas I do Pogba’s 100%. Neither McT or Bailly seem desperate to leave either or spend their recovery time globetrotting and allow their agents to chat shit about the club they play for.

fergiesarmy1

You asked me ‘what about the black pundits who don’t like him?’

Like them also being black holds any weight to the argument.
No people such as yourself are saying the press/media have it in for Pogba because he is black amongst other things. Are you saying there are no black people in the press/media cause that would be a bigger issue than any of the bullshit in this thread that has been dragged up. But as there obviously are what’s their issue with Pogba?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
British media bullying and harrassing people? Please refrain from such ridiculous accusations.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I don’t doubt McTominay’s priorities whereas I do Pogba’s 100%. Neither McT or Bailly seem desperate to leave either or spend their recovery time globetrotting and allow their agents to chat shit about the club they play for.
Im not sure what your doubts have to do with Rashfords post ? But I do see how you misconstrue everything to fit your agenda.

fergiesarmy1

Im not sure what your doubts have to do with Rashfords post ? But I do see how you misconstrue everything to fit your agenda.
Whatever, keep backing Pogba I’m sure you will get plenty of highs from watching him get himself ready for the euros

RUCK4444

Absolutely nothing dislikable about the guy.

That’s why he is so popular outside of the UK.

He joined us at our lowest and in any previous incarnation of United would have been outstanding.

Quote me on this post when he inevitably moves to Madrid and is incredible.

AFC NimbleThumb

So are all these former international football pundits also racist?

What about the black pundits who aren’t impressed with Pogba’s contribution during these 3 and half years?

(Do you know I don’t even like using the world black or white to describe a footballer or pundit because it makes no difference to me). If your shit your shit, if your taking the piss your taking the piss and if you want out get the feck out.
You let yourself down time & again when it comes to Pogba, your blind spot & ignorance around this man are genuinely astounding.

RUCK4444

No people such as yourself are saying the press/media have it in for Pogba because he is black amongst other things. Are you saying there are no black people in the press/media cause that would be a bigger issue than any of the bullshit in this thread that has been dragged up. But as there obviously are what’s their issue with Pogba?
I have no idea what you are on about fella.

You are the one who mentioned black pundits who don’t like him, not me.

You mentioned it as a way of dispelling the notion that racism is a factor in people’s opinion of him.

AFC NimbleThumb

Absolutely nothing dislikable about the guy.

That’s why he is so popular outside of the UK.

He joined us at our lowest and in any previous incarnation of United would have been outstanding.

Quote me on this post when he inevitably moves to Madrid and is incredible.
This will happen.

SaintMuppet

The whole club needs to be bent over and given 50 of the best! It’s a shambles from top to tail, Paul is the least of our worries!!!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So you think McAteer was reasonable and on point to criticise Pogba for yesterday's loss? I'm not talking about the race angle and I respect Barne's viewpoint on race as I grew up with him and saw the shit he used to get, but by dismissing the criticism of McAteer by saying that it's not about race he's just basically said that the criticism is valid.
From what I saw, McAteer criticism was a general point about Pogba being a bad influence in the dressing room and at the club in general, and being a bad example for young players.

From everything I've seen, read and heard under Mourinho and OGS, I think thats a fair point of view.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
John Barnes is an enigma

Dont like the message, lets destroy the messenger. Oldest and lamest trick in the book ;)

Last edited:

ravi2

No of course he isn't bullied, he's being judged because of the actions of his agent that he employs and has complete control over.

Honestly this place is becoming more and more RAWK like.
This is the truth

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You let yourself down time & again when it comes to Pogba, your blind spot & ignorance around this man are genuinely astounding.
So let me get this right so Im not confused: @fergiesarmy1 has let himself down ... just because he doesn't agree with you? :rolleyes:

I'd suggest that perhaps it's you with the blind spot ;)

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

He is a confidence player. When in form he can be brilliant. When he is in a bad flow he can be pretty terrible.
I do think he wants to leave, but you can understand him given how poorly run we are.

Bring in a top manager and some top players and he could be a great asset.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Of course he is, and it's disappointing to see some say he isn't.
Yes.

The worst part is our fanbase has sided with the bullying and harrasment too.
It's a real shame. All because he hasn't lived up to his price tag, really.

johanovic

How people keep defending Pogba and now trying to make him look like a victim is just unbelivable. The plain fact is that Pogba has not delivered. Many try to blame others for his form but it's plain to see that he's hardly giving his all. His injury is a strange one and seeing him globetrotting around the world dancing and playing basketball makes you wonder. Having had experince with ankle problems I would assume one would be undergoing extensive medical theraphy everyday and doing lot of work in a swimming pool in order to be back a.s.a.p. I could hardly belive that flying around the world attending various events is the new procedure for serious ankle problems. I bet guys like Ronaldo, Tom Brady and like minded sportsmen would focus all their time into rehabilitation to get back on the field. This is the reason many dislike Pogba.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
From what I saw, McAteer criticism was a general point about Pogba being a bad influence in the dressing room and at the club in general, and being a bad example for young players.

From everything I've seen, read and heard under Mourinho and OGS, I think thats a fair point of view.
In what way? Everything that I've read from the people who have been actively working with him says the exact opposite (other than Mourinho himself, but that can hardly be taken seriously considering that happens at every single club he goes to). And that's true not just for us, but for every other club, manager and player that he's ever played for has nothing but positive things to say about Pogba.

It's only if you take the stuff that the media and pundits are saying that he suddenly becomes such a bad example.

I know which group I'll listen to.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
In what way? Everything that I've read from the people who have been actively working with him says the exact opposite (other than Mourinho himself, but that can hardly be taken seriously considering that happens at every single club he goes to). And that's true not just for us, but for every other club, manager and player that he's ever played for has nothing but positive things to say about Pogba.

It's only if you take the stuff that the media and pundits are saying that he suddenly becomes such a bad example.

I know which group I'll listen to.
I can form my own opinion without reading the ‘media’.

I agree with Mourinho ‘virus’ statement and it was obvious Pogba was actively seeking to undermine his authority. Hate Mourinho as much as you like, that kind of insubordination is the worst crime in a team sport and a terrible example to other players.

Likewise I’ve heard and read enough disrespect about the club from him and his agent (who is his mouthpiece).

I’ve also seen how he turns up only when he feels like it, and half arses it when he can’t be bothered with my own eyes.

Then there are all the reported incidents of arrogance and hubris. I can go on and on.

Last edited:

Champagne Football

If anything, Pogba gets off lightly. He's a total fraud. His agent and brother in the media every 5 seconds saying how awful Man Utd are and how Paul deserves Madrid.
One minutes he's injured, next minute he's dancing at a party, or taking endless selfies of himself with hip hop rappers.
The man is a charlatan. Like Neymar, he's a self-indulged diva who is not worth it.
At one point, Raiola offered Pogba to Man City, and Pogba would not have thought twice about going there.
It's sad for Pogba that we gave him as dour a manager as Jose, as Pogba would thrive under a Pochettino, but Pogba has really stabbed Ole in the back this season and that's what Pogba and Raiola do. Unless you bend over backwards for them, they stab you in the back.

mu4c_20le

I can form my own opinion without reading the ‘media’.
I agree with what Mourinho ‘virus’ statement and it was obvious that Pogba was actively seeking to undermine his authority. Hate Mourinho as much as you like, that kind of insubordination is the worst crime in a team sport and a terrible example to other players.
Didn't Mourinho make it personal by undermining his world cup win in front of the media for no reason? Then he gave him the captaincy and immediately stripped it from the slightest thing. Made a big show of it too. And the training ground confrontation where he set him up and played up to the cameras.

I’ve also seen with my own eyes how he turns up only when he feels like it, and half arses it when he can’t be bothered.

Then there are all the reported incidents of arrogance and hubris. I can go on and on.
What I see is a world class player who does try his best in every game but most of the time his teammates aren't on the same wavelength. It must be both frustrating and disheartening to pull off a perfectly weighted long pass, only to watch Lukaku or Mata or Lingard muck it up. When he could be splitting defences in La Liga and properly challenging for the CL under Zidane.

He'sRaldo

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Didn't Mourinho make it personal by undermining his world cup win in front of the media for no reason? Then he gave him the captaincy and immediately stripped it from the slightest thing. Made a big show of it too. And the training ground confrontation where he set him up and played up to the cameras.

What I see is a world class player who does try his best in every game but most of the time his teammates aren't on the same wavelength. It must be both frustrating and disheartening to pull off a perfectly weighted long pass, only to watch Lukaku or Mata or Lingard muck it up. When he could be splitting defences in La Liga and properly challenging for the CL under Zidane.
We obviously see the world differently in this regard. Must make me a racist Islamaphobe or something I guess.