Is Pochettino's time at Spurs coming to an end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He should have won something during those 5 years. Something to show. FA Cup or League cup would at least show that he achived something. For me if you want to be seen as a top manager you have to win things. Simple.

I didn't say anything about developing players. He has done well and I said he is good manager. And yes, Tottenham had better players when Pochettino arrived then when Ole. He had team full of internationals. Almost every player in your squad were internationals. Don't try to say that Tottenham team were full of mediocre players. Adebayor, Soldado, Eriksen, Lennon, Dembele, Kaboul, Verthongen, Rose, Paulinho and so on. Very good players. Maybe not players that Poch wanted but still internationals and very good. And previous year they came 6th.

I don't agree we have players to do a lot better. We got players, when healthy, who can do good job. Top 4. Maybe. But with our injuries we are stuck with what we have. Better yes, a lot better? I don't think so.

Where we are after tommorow we will see. A win will get us 7th. Lose and we are still parking at the bottom. I have a feeling that we will get a win. Just because everyone is so sure we will lose. Liverpool are better and in a perfect world should win but at home, i still believe.

Coming 6th year before and having team full of internationals. You are making it like Pochettino took over players from Plymouth.

I don't agree. Tottenham, for me, had far better team then.

He probably should have done, yes. And I agree that if you want to be seen as a top tier manager you need trophies. But we're not discussing Poch as a top of the line manager, we're talking about him being above the likes of Ole.

Imagine saying he had better players than Ole and being so strapped for names that you turn to the likes of Kaboul, Lennon, Soldado (:lol:) and an old Adebayor who had given up on the team and was sent to the reserves. These were not good players when Poch arrived. Compared to what? Martial, Rashford, Pogba, De Gea, and the ability to bring in the likes of Maguire and AWB in his first full season? Both managers inherited a sixth placed side, but Ole's was poorer? His sixth placed team was far closer to 4th than Pochettino's was.

Not a lot better than bottom half with your current players? Really?

It's not likely you will win. Maybe a draw.

No, I'm saying he had a dysfunctional mess of a team with only sprinklings of top talent, most of which was still very raw. The internationals he had didn't want to be at the club or were past their best.

It wasn't a far better team than what Everton have now, no chance at all. Very similar level in fact.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Time coming to an end? Possibly but not until end of the season. How people think Levy will sack him during the season is baffling. It just wont happen
If we lose by a huge margin next week, Poch will be gone.

The fee to sack him will be significant but on current form we will be bottom half, won't make it out of our CL group either. The fans will stop coming too because the football is dreadful. Levy cannot afford this and three massive hammerings in as many weeks will make Pochettino's position untenable, no club will keep on a manager that is getting slapped week in week out and failing to beat relegation fodder to boot. Levy has pulled the trigger on managers for fun in the past, but now people think he'll endure this all season long?

Not a chance.

RedRover

It’d be interesting to see if any Spurs fans on here believe any of the stuff being suggested “behind the scenes”.

Could, of course be tabloid/twitter rubbish but it might account for the disaster the season has been to date.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It’d be interesting to see if any Spurs fans on here believe any of the stuff being suggested “behind the scenes”.

Could, of course be tabloid/twitter rubbish but it might account for the disaster the season has been to date.
What stuff is being said? I've not kept up with this. I heard about that Eriksen/Vertonghen gossip. But nothing else..

If Pochettino leaves Spurs, I imagine they'll go for Simeone. Similarly intense, personality-driven, high-tempo manager, both seem to be reaching/ to have reached the end of cycles with their clubs.
I'm hoping to see Jose there. Would be interesting. This side suits him.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Do you also believe Moyes was the reason Rooney developed into a player capable of scoring a hat-trick on is United debut?
How are the two situations even comparable? A player that left Everton at 18 to one that's played 90% of his senior appearances under Poch.

Some seriously deluded people on this forum.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
If we lose by a huge margin next week, Poch will be gone.

The fee to sack him will be significant but on current form we will be bottom half, won't make it out of our CL group either. The fans will stop coming too because the football is dreadful. Levy cannot afford this and three massive hammerings in as many weeks will make Pochettino's position untenable, no club will keep on a manager that is getting slapped week in week out and failing to beat relegation fodder to boot. Levy has pulled the trigger on managers for fun in the past, but now people think he'll endure this all season long?

Not a chance.
Not a chance Levy will sack him with how much money he has to pay. Loch has lost the players and Spurs is showing classic signs of a club where the players are not playing for the manager. But Loch ain't gonna walk out on millions, so we are playing the waiting game which will be the reason Spurs miss out top 4 this season.

Reactions: Grinner

billybee99

He should have won something during those 5 years. Something to show. FA Cup or League cup would at least show that he achived something. For me if you want to be seen as a top manager you have to win things. Simple.

I didn't say anything about developing players. He has done well and I said he is good manager. And yes, Tottenham had better players when Pochettino arrived then when Ole. He had team full of internationals. Almost every player in your squad were internationals. Don't try to say that Tottenham team were full of mediocre players. Adebayor, Soldado, Eriksen, Lennon, Dembele, Kaboul, Verthongen, Rose, Paulinho and so on. Very good players. Maybe not players that Poch wanted but still internationals and very good. And previous year they came 6th.

I don't agree we have players to do a lot better. We got players, when healthy, who can do good job. Top 4. Maybe. But with our injuries we are stuck with what we have. Better yes, a lot better? I don't think so.

Where we are after tommorow we will see. A win will get us 7th. Lose and we are still parking at the bottom. I have a feeling that we will get a win. Just because everyone is so sure we will lose. Liverpool are better and in a perfect world should win but at home, i still believe.

Coming 6th year before and having team full of internationals. You are making it like Pochettino took over players from Plymouth.

Please stop. You are an embarrassment. You posts are full of lies and half-truths and exaggerations. Anyone seriously arguing that Ole is a better manager than Poch is being disingenuous or is just really dumb. The inability for some on this forum to put down the United pompoms and throw a compliment to another team is bizarre to say the least. The guy has done a very good job at Spurs; it's a fact. He's reached the end of the road there. I wouldn't mind having him here if things don't work out for Ole. Hope it doesn't come to that.

thepolice123

Adebayor, Soldado, Eriksen, Lennon, Dembele, Kaboul, Verthongen, Rose, Paulinho were a combination of mediocre and underachieving players when Pochettino first arrived at WHL. They were even worse than our current set-up.

You can always count on them to bottle it at any crucial time with 100% accuracy. They were that bad.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Not a chance Levy will sack him with how much money he has to pay. Loch has lost the players and Spurs is showing classic signs of a club where the players are not playing for the manager. But Loch ain't gonna walk out on millions, so we are playing the waiting game which will be the reason Spurs miss out top 4 this season.

I started to watch the game against Watford after 30 minutes and it was evident that half of the team wasn’t fully focuses.

90 + 5min

That squad finished 2nd. If Jose didn’t go Jose it would have easily finished top 4 as Ole came in to prove. So what’s your point.
You saying that team wasn’t good enough for top 4?
I'm not sure about that. That's why Jose went bananas in media and made our board to do what they needed to do. Jose is brilliant manager and better then the most managers in the world and made some miracles with the team. Even he said it was one of to most incredible things he has done in football and wanted to invest more in the team. So no, the team was not good enough. I think our 2nd had more to do with Jose then team itself.

Please stop. You are an embarrassment. You posts are full of lies and half-truths and exaggerations. Anyone seriously arguing that Ole is a better manager than Poch is being disingenuous or is just really dumb. The inability for some on this forum to put down the United pompoms and throw a compliment to another team is bizarre to say the least. The guy has done a very good job at Spurs; it's a fact. He's reached the end of the road there. I wouldn't mind having him here if things don't work out for Ole. Hope it doesn't come to that.
What lies? If you are going to accuse me of lies just tell me where do I lie? I have nowhere said Ole is better or worse manager then Pochettino. I'm arguing that this love for Pochettino and his excessive greatness is wrong. Good manager (wich I said milion times) but not that top tier manager we need if we want to change from Ole. Pochettino is a nice guy what I've seen but we have to make difference between nice guys and top quality. Is Solskjaer top? Ofcourse not, but changing to Pochettino would not make us great again.

He probably should have done, yes. And I agree that if you want to be seen as a top tier manager you need trophies. But we're not discussing Poch as a top of the line manager, we're talking about him being above the likes of Ole.
Imagine saying he had better players than Ole and being so strapped for names that you turn to the likes of Kaboul, Lennon, Soldado (:lol:) and an old Adebayor who had given up on the team and was sent to the reserves. These were not good players when Poch arrived. Compared to what? Martial, Rashford, Pogba, De Gea, and the ability to bring in the likes of Maguire and AWB in his first full season? Both managers inherited a sixth placed side, but Ole's was poorer? His sixth placed team was far closer to 4th than Pochettino's was.
Not a lot better than bottom half with your current players? Really?
It's not likely you will win. Maybe a draw.
No, I'm saying he had a dysfunctional mess of a team with only sprinklings of top talent, most of which was still very raw. The internationals he had didn't want to be at the club or were past their best.
It wasn't a far better team than what Everton have now, no chance at all. Very similar level in fact.
Well, our discussion has taken many roads. However I'm not saying that Pochettino is better or worse. That's not my point. Just arguing that people should not be that sure that Pochettino is better. Not saying being worse.

I think you are being harsh on your old players. (maybe I am also at ours). Coming to a team that were 4-5-4-5-6 in Premier League previous years is not coming to bad players. And while signs were out there that Ole inherted lots of "broken" players and broken club I don't think Pochettino had it that bad in Tottenham.

I said: I don't agree we have players to do a lot better. We got players, when healthy, who can do good job. Top 4. Maybe. But with our injuries we are stuck with what we have. Better yes, a lot better? I don't think so.

Have to say that despite our difference, I enjoy discussing with you.

Needham

Mourinho was his usual sour, pouting self when he angled his well remunerated divorce from Utd. But the Poch and Spurs separation is a weird one to behold. It's like a nice looking couple who still like each other have decided to split up but are waiting for the other one to initiate "the talk."

thepolice123

Well, our discussion has taken many roads. However I'm not saying that Pochettino is better or worse. That's not my point. Just arguing that people should not be that sure that Pochettino is better. Not saying being worse.

I think you are being harsh on your old players. (maybe I am also at ours). Coming to a team that were 4-5-4-5-6 in Premier League previous years is not coming to bad players. And while signs were out there that Ole inherted lots of "broken" players and broken club I don't think Pochettino had it that bad in Tottenham.
Your point being?:confused:

I think many fans are justified in wanting Poch to replace Ole. His work with Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs have showed that he is clearly an upgrade. His ability to groom young players and play attacking football are what we exactly need. Whether we can say with 100% certainty that he will make us a force again is impossible. But personally I think Poch is a completely logical and justifable choice.

Name a "top tier" manager today who fits us and is available.

Mainoldo

I'm not sure about that. That's why Jose went bananas in media and made our board to do what they needed to do. Jose is brilliant manager and better then the most managers in the world and made some miracles with the team. Even he said it was one of to most incredible things he has done in football and wanted to invest more in the team. So no, the team was not good enough. I think our 2nd had more to do with Jose then team itself.
Come on now don’t be naive, this is how fans feel out over his sacking. This is what Jose does; lies and over-exaggerates to get what he wants. He also made It out that Chelsea could not retain a title if they didn’t buy John Stones for 50m. They brought David Luiz(the player he let go) and won it the year after without him.

He just wanted more players and knew the ones he wanted he wasn’t going to get so he sabotaged a whole pre-season and season. He probably also believe the Fred or no midfielder talk too right? He himself was in the media bigging up Brazilian’s for no random reason. Our chief scout at the time said they recommend Emre Can and Goretzka (Bayern player can’t spell it) but was overlooked.

A team containing Lukaku, Martial, Herrera, Pogba, Alexis, De Gea, Bailly, Lindelof, Matic, Rashford Fellaini, Shaw does not struggle to finished top 4.

ReddBalls

How are the two situations even comparable? A player that left Everton at 18 to one that's played 90% of his senior appearances under Poch.

Some seriously deluded people on this forum.
Why are the situations not comparable? When Rooney was 18 he had played senior football for two years and was the hottest talent in England. Just like Kane was after two years under Poch. You (I presume) stated that the manager is the reason why Kane became a great player. If that is true, then that should also apply to Rooney.

And I don't think that is the case.

Mainoldo

Why are the situations not comparable? When Rooney was 18 he had played senior football for two years and was the hottest talent in England. Just like Kane was after two years under Poch. You (I presume) stated that the manager is the reason why Kane became a great player. If that is true, then that should also apply to Rooney.

And I don't think that is the case.
What nonsense. Poch developed Kane.

Mainoldo

Back to Poch. He needs to be be sacked on Monday. They need to save this season before it’s too late.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

This just isn’t true. You think if we’re bottom half, look to be exiting Europe etc, Levy won’t pull the trigger?

The money has given Poch time, but it doesn’t make him invincible. A pasting at Anfield and his position will become untenable - we will be in relegation form.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
What nonsense. Poch developed Kane.
It's not nonsense - Kane was brought into the first team properly by Sherwood, and it was under him that he started banging them in.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Interestingly in 13/14 Everton had finished about Spurs. Let's say Martinez had been poached that summer and Pochettino had gone to Spurs instead, would you have demanded the same from him there e.g. Everton qualfying for CL pretty much every season from his second year?

Mainoldo

It's not nonsense - Kane was brought into the first team properly by Sherwood, and it was under him that he started banging them in.
Poch continued his trajectory. It’s not like he had to. He had a 20 goal a season Spanish striker on his books and probably an option to buy another forward. He stuck with Kane.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's nonsense to suggest Pochettino didn't help Kane out a lot. Yes, there was a talented goalscorer there but he polished that and led him down the path to what he has become now. There's obviously a lot of credit that should go to Kane himself and his attitude and talent, but the manager fostered a great relationship with him, as he did with a number of other talents at the club.

Just because Poch is struggling now, it doesn't mean we need to start with this revisionism. He did great work with a number of players at the club who other managers may have given up on or brought in signings to replace (rose, walker, dembele etc) and the key talents at the club all developed brilliantly under his tutelage. People acting like he was just lucky to stumble across an untapped gold mine of talent are being silly, ability was there but under a lesser manager it could so easily have been wasted, and was being wasted before Poch arrived on the scene.

There are genuine criticisms of Poch you can make, without having to start on what he's clearly great at (developing players).

90 + 5min

Come on now don’t be naive, this is how fans feel out over his sacking. This is what Jose does; lies and over-exaggerates to get what he wants. He also made It out that Chelsea could not retain a title if they didn’t buy John Stones for 50m. They brought David Luiz(the player he let go) and won it the year after without him.

He just wanted more players and knew the ones he wanted he wasn’t going to get so he sabotaged a whole pre-season and season. He probably also believe the Fred or no midfielder talk too right? He himself was in the media bigging up Brazilian’s for no random reason. Our chief scout at the time said they recommend Emre Can and Goretzka (Bayern player can’t spell it) but was overlooked.

A team containing Lukaku, Martial, Herrera, Pogba, Alexis, De Gea, Bailly, Lindelof, Matic, Rashford Fellaini, Shaw does not struggle to finished top 4.
It is not the names. It is what they do or not do on the pitch. I would say that of all those you mentioned only DeGea has been brilliant. The rest have been from good to terrible. And some have yet to fulfill the potential. If they ever does that.

Interestingly in 13/14 Everton had finished about Spurs. Let's say Martinez had been poached that summer and Pochettino had gone to Spurs instead, would you have demanded the same from him there e.g. Everton qualfying for CL pretty much every season from his second year?
Not really sure what you mean. If you mean if I would demand Pochettino making Everton top4 after that season? I don't think so because I still rated Tottenham team much higher then Everton and have done that for a while now. Look what happened to Everton after that season. 11th - 11th before Martinez getting sacked. So Everton finishing above Tottenham that season is just one of those thing that can happen.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No chance poch gets sacked :lol:

they’re only in such a good position because of him in the first place. It’s the first time in 40 years they’ve been taken seriously.

They’re having a poor start but it’s mainly this team is dead and needs new blood. Their 4 season cycle is over.

if they did sack him spurs would be back to being regular 6-8th place.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

they’re only in such a good position because of him in the first place. It’s the first time in 40 years they’ve been taken seriously.

They’re having a poor start but it’s mainly this team is dead and needs new blood. Their 4 season cycle is over.

The Spurs fans on here claiming that Poch has lost the players seems like a really odd suggestion.

After everything he has achieved at the club - single-handedly turning them from also-rans to genuine top-four contenders and leading them to a CL final in the process - why on earth would the players suddenly stop playing for him? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Adam-Utd

The Spurs fans on here claiming that Poch has lost the players seems like a really odd suggestion.

After everything he has achieved at the club - single-handedly turning them from also-rans to genuine top-four contenders and leading them to a CL final in the process - why on earth would the players suddenly stop playing for him? It makes no sense whatsoever.
Maybe they’re getting a bit too big for their boots now - people like eriksen wanting a Madrid move and stropping because he didn’t get it.

alli seems like the grumpy type who would kick up a stink and rock the boat also.

Levy isn’t stupid and no doubt he will respect him hugely for having a whole year without any additions and getting to a CL final, it’s unthinkable.

This is the first real stumble they’ve had in 4-5 years, he deserves much more time to sort it out.

If it turns out poch is burnt out and needs a change then he can see this as a success and hold his head high. He’ll have plenty of jobs lined up.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Even if he they sack him, who would come to replace him ? As fun as it is to imagine, i can't see a world where Mourinho joins them.
Would Eddie Howe leave Bournemouth mid-season, would they facilitate his departure ? They're 9th right now and playing "okay". Any manager above Howe level would see a team that is losing half its spine in 6 months and notoriously tight with money.
And as i said before, you need to make a convincing appointment because Kane will start to look around.

It's not that surprising, Conte lost players after a year, Mourinho is a master at it. We don't know what happens behind the scenes, Pochettino's interviews sound more and more like bullshit. His ironic answers won't last the season especially with poor results like that. You can afford to pretend everything's fine when you're winning not when you have relegation form.

Most of the players who were on the pitch against Liverpool probably won't have another go and seeing Pochettino palying a half-fit Kane instead of Lucas could have rubbed them the wrong way. I don't even care about Spurs or Lucas Moura and it annoyed me...
Aurier's been there for 2 years and already tried to leave; granted he's an absolute d*ckhead but still, i would think he'd be perfectly fine taking a paycheck while living in London.
Rose can't wait to get out of there, Lamela is in a no man's land and a weird case, Dele Alli lost his way and will probably recover some form but by then who will be playing next to him ? Kane and Son or Redmond and Fraser ?

They're still capable of turning it around but it gets harder and harder every week.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

If there are 4/5 better teams it does.

RedRover

What stuff is being said? I've not kept up with this. I heard about that Eriksen/Vertonghen gossip. But nothing else..
That’s what I’m referring to. If it’s true I can see why the wheels have come off.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
Could work out great for utd if Poch is sacked soon, you boys can then let ole go and get a top manager who is proven in the prem in staight away,such an event would look less promising for spurs though

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

We finished 4th twice under Redknapp and even 5th under the plague that was AVB, but suddenly because Pochettino leaves we're back to 6th-8th despite having a much more talented squad and far greater infrastructure than we used to? Ok.

Honestly so many of these posts on Spurs really do reveal how little people know about clubs outside their own. Added to that this ludicrous idea that you keep a manager on even when it's gone sour because of past achievements (almost nobody does this) when that same man has alluded to the fact he's not really committed to the club anyway.

Poch has been a really, really fantastic manager for us and made us more consistent than I can ever remember, but this idea that Tottenham before him were completely in the wilderness is absurd. He's not some benevolent saviour, he's been a very good coach who stepped us up a level but ultimately we have failed to win a single trophy under his leadership and by this time next week could be in the bottom half, having collected 1 point from three games including Brighton and Watford. Added to that our biggest pasting ever in the CL, the fact we haven't won an away game since Moses parted the red sea, and the fact that Pochettino appears to roll a dice whenever dealing with team selection and tactics, of course a sacking would be fully justified.

Adam-Utd

We finished 4th twice under Redknapp and even 5th under the plague that was AVB, but suddenly because Pochettino leaves we're back to 6th-8th despite having a much more talented squad and far greater infrastructure than we used to? Ok.

Honestly so many of these posts on Spurs really do reveal how little people know about clubs outside their own. Added to that this ludicrous idea that you keep a manager on even when it's gone sour because of past achievements (almost nobody does this) when that same man has alluded to the fact he's not really committed to the club anyway.

Poch has been a really, really fantastic manager for us and made us more consistent than I can ever remember, but this idea that Tottenham before him were completely in the wilderness is absurd. He's not some benevolent saviour, he's been a very good coach who stepped us up a level but ultimately we have failed to win a single trophy under his leadership and by this time next week could be in the bottom half, having collected 1 point from three games including Brighton and Watford. Added to that our biggest pasting ever in the CL, the fact we haven't won an away game since Moses parted the red sea, and the fact that Pochettino appears to roll a dice whenever dealing with team selection and tactics, of course a sacking would be fully justified.
Well I for one will be delighted if it happens. the fact you’re getting anywhere near a CL final is down to him. Don’t wish it away for a few poor performances.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Well I for one will be delighted if it happens. the fact you’re getting anywhere near a CL final is down to him. Don’t wish it away for a few poor performances.

Back to this old chestnut?

Our league form for a long while is bottom half of the table standard. Lloris impregnated his wife and the kid was born, and in that whole period we haven't won a single away game. We had a fantastic cup run as a last hurrah for Poch, where the manager stated he would leave if he won the trophy, and since then have simply deteriorated form wise. We've lost to the likes of West Ham, Bournemouth, Brighton, Colchester and Newcastle whilst playing some of the most tumescent, uncoordinated football I can remember as a Spurs fan. But what, it's when Poch leaves that we suddenly go back to 6th-8th? We're there already, with no guarantee he wants to stay.

'A few bad games and 'spurs were only ever 6th-8th before poch' are two big ol' myths which rival fans seem to love. We've had periods of bad form under Poch and nobody has called for his head, this is something which has been going on at the club for a long while with no sign of light at the end of the tunnel.

Greck

Back to this old chestnut?

Our league form for a long while is bottom half of the table standard. Lloris impregnated his wife and the kid was born, and in that whole period we haven't won a single away game. We had a fantastic cup run as a last hurrah for Poch, where the manager stated he would leave if he won the trophy, and since then have simply deteriorated form wise. We've lost to the likes of West Ham, Bournemouth, Brighton, Colchester and Newcastle whilst playing some of the most tumescent, uncoordinated football I can remember as a Spurs fan. But what, it's when Poch leaves that we suddenly go back to 6th-8th? We're there already, with no guarantee he wants to stay.

'A few bad games and 'spurs were only ever 6th-8th before poch' are two big ol' myths which rival fans seem to love. We've had periods of bad form under Poch and nobody has called for his head, this is something which has been going on at the club for a long while with no sign of light at the end of the tunnel.
he really said that? No wonder he's lost them. How do you find the fire to play for a manager that has one leg out and is open about it? They will coast till he leaves or commits long term and not necessarily on purpose

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Maybe they’re getting a bit too big for their boots now - people like eriksen wanting a Madrid move and stropping because he didn’t get it.

alli seems like the grumpy type who would kick up a stink and rock the boat also.

Levy isn’t stupid and no doubt he will respect him hugely for having a whole year without any additions and getting to a CL final, it’s unthinkable.

This is the first real stumble they’ve had in 4-5 years, he deserves much more time to sort it out.

If it turns out poch is burnt out and needs a change then he can see this as a success and hold his head high. He’ll have plenty of jobs lined up.
He was foolish to rule himself out of the Madrid job last year.

But yeah, he'll have no shortage of potential suitors lining up to employ him. Mr Woodward says hi.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
he really said that? No wonder he's lost them. How do you find the fire to play for a manager that has one leg out and is open about it? They will coast till he leaves or commits long term and not necessarily on purpose
"Winning the Champions League? It should be fantastic, no? Close the five-year chapter and go home.

"We are living a dream. Five years ago when we arrived it was to reduce the gap to the top four, and then to have the possibility to play in the Champions League.

"I think nobody would believe we would be playing in the Champions League three seasons in a row and competing at this stage."

This was after he was asked if he was joking about maybe leaving Spurs if he won the trophy. Pretty much clarified that he meant it.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Even if he they sack him, who would come to replace him ? As fun as it is to imagine, i can't see a world where Mourinho joins them.
Would Eddie Howe leave Bournemouth mid-season, would they facilitate his departure ? They're 9th right now and playing "okay". Any manager above Howe level would see a team that is losing half its spine in 6 months and notoriously tight with money.
And as i said before, you need to make a convincing appointment because Kane will start to look around.

It's not that surprising, Conte lost players after a year, Mourinho is a master at it. We don't know what happens behind the scenes, Pochettino's interviews sound more and more like bullshit. His ironic answers won't last the season especially with poor results like that. You can afford to pretend everything's fine when you're winning not when you have relegation form.

Most of the players who were on the pitch against Liverpool probably won't have another go and seeing Pochettino palying a half-fit Kane instead of Lucas could have rubbed them the wrong way. I don't even care about Spurs or Lucas Moura and it annoyed me...
Aurier's been there for 2 years and already tried to leave; granted he's an absolute d*ckhead but still, i would think he'd be perfectly fine taking a paycheck while living in London.
Rose can't wait to get out of there, Lamela is in a no man's land and a weird case, Dele Alli lost his way and will probably recover some form but by then who will be playing next to him ? Kane and Son or Redmond and Fraser ?

They're still capable of turning it around but it gets harder and harder every week.
Sure, but none of that really explains why the Spurs players all of a sudden decided their manager is no longer worth the effort. He was considered the second coming by his players and the fanbase in equal measure this time last year. Something pretty drastic must have happened behind the scenes to change that perception.

When did he imply that? Anything I've read from Poch has suggested quite the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.