Is Pochettino's time at Spurs coming to an end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The implosion is coming, it's inevitable.

Eriksen, Vertonghen, Rose, Alderweireld, Lloris to be replaced in the summer.

Dele Alli has regressed considerably. Davidson-Sanchez and Aurier are trash. Their only bright spot is their attack and I would be very surprised if teams aren't picking them apart in the upcoming transfer window.

They will have to spend a considerable sum of money, after a pretty big outlay this year. More if they sack and replace Pochettino (a new manager will want his own players).

Look forward to seeing it all unravelling.
With that squad there is no excuse not to be in top 4.

I get that motivating the players after loosing CL final is hard but they were shit in the league since january.

If Poch can't turn this around before christmas he should be sacked imo.

So it's either a really poor squad, or one that's so good that missing top 4 would be an outrage.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Maybe he's implying it has some implication... like the date is supposed to deliver, or something like that. I don't want to put words in his mouth though!
Squishy's been here for ages, and still no trophy.
#SquishyOut

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
So it's either a really poor squad, or one that's so good that missing top 4 would be an outrage.
I mean if you quote two different posters and expect them to be saying only one thing or the other...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I mean if you quote two different posters and expect them to be saying only one thing or the other...
Just an interesting mix of opinions.
I genuinely don't know if they're a massive overrated squad, or are quality.
The jury suggests the former this season.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Its definitely a mix. Few players of their squad are shite but not that shite that they should miss top 4 considering the levels of performances they have put up in recent years.

Mr. Ant

I'm not saying their squad is the best but they have better players than Leicester and Chelsea. If they finish in top 6 it would not be tragic but right now they look worse than us.

AR87

Spurs not finishing top 4 would be a disaster for Poch. They clearly have the third best squad in England, fourth at the very least. Prior to the season the consensus was they were clearly the third best side in the league.

He's not getting this team to perform under par. I like him and think this is a result of the squad perhaps being tired of his practices, but it still falls on him to get them firing. If he can't, he should be sacked.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Our squad is good. Bit unbalanced with two ageing central defenders, crap fullbacks and no real width, but enough to be getting top four, or at an absolute minimum top six. Where Pochettino has us right now is a disgrace.

But investment is absolutely needed. But Poch spent a good deal of money on Lo Celso and Sessegnon, yet the former gets 5 minutes here or there (yeah he was injured, but even at the start he was given no chances, and now he's recovered he gets what? brought on in the 88th?) and the latter was injured, recovered and now doesn't even get in the squad. That's like 90 million worth of transfers that we haven't even seen remotely have an impact this season. And Ndombele gets left on the bench for key games too.

Basically, we are definitely a hell of a lot better than we've shown thus far, but also definitely need more money spent. The decision to not bring in a right back was a travesty and has left us reliant on Aurier. I'm currently struggling a bit with the signing of Lo Celso too, because whilst I'm sure he's a great player, did we really need another attack minded cm more than we needed a proper DM? With Dier pretty much done, we badly needed someone to stick behind Winks/Ndombele and give them a solid platform.

Castia

Spurs not finishing top 4 would be a disaster for Poch. They clearly have the third best squad in England, fourth at the very least. Prior to the season the consensus was they were clearly the third best side in the league.

He's not getting this team to perform under par. I like him and think this is a result of the squad perhaps being tired of his practices, but it still falls on him to get them firing. If he can't, he should be sacked.

Too many of them want out, they aren’t giving 100%. Alderweireld, Eriksen, Rose etc should have been sold in the summer. It must effect the whole squad knowing a few influential players want out.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Too many of them want out, they aren’t giving 100%. Alderweireld, Eriksen, Rose etc should have been sold in the summer. It must effect the whole squad knowing a few influential players want out.
Not to mention they’ll lose Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Eriksen for free at the end of the season or for peanuts in January. The squad management vis a vis fullbacks is baffling too. A lot of this is on the much heralded Daniel Levy.

VJ1762

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The Dark Knight :drool:. Think that applies to Rooney as well, and why RVP is held in such high regard by United fans, even though he declined massively at the end.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No chance. I put the odds at 1000 to one against.

Nor is it true that Levy hasn't backed Pochettino. In the summer we spent a lot more than previously in net terms … and previously the huge cost of our new stadium and training ground didn't allow much leeway for spending.
Uh huh.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Nah. Poch is a long way from the edge of being sacked. Levy knows he has worked miracles at Spurs given the lack of spare money for the squad until recently. He also knows he is one of the most sought-after managers in world football.

Hell will freeze over before Levy sacks Pochettino.

Time for a new Glaston tagline?

wurzel-red

Nah. Poch is a long way from the edge of being sacked. Levy knows he has worked miracles at Spurs given the lack of spare money for the squad until recently. He also knows he is one of the most sought-after managers in world football.

Hell will freeze over before Levy sacks Pochettino.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.