Is Pogba as good as gone?

The_Order

I'm not implying anything of the sort. Just saying how yer man is firing low blows by trying to fall back on the racism card. When it is very clear that there has been no racism whatsoever in this thread. Dunno which penalty you're talking about tbh, there's been a few missed penalties.
We see it, even if you don't.

There is legit criticisms of Pogba to made, but what a certain section of our fans have for him goes beyond that, re-read this thread.

For some, its hatred, for others, its unconscious bias (see Souness).

Oh, and accusing others of hatred for spotting it, is fecked up.

Re-read this thread and go see social media and tell me its not more than just football.

All this venom and bile thrown at our best player for having the audacity to be ambitious that he may not want to spend his peak years fighting for top 4 for a club that is in shambles.

Last edited:

Alexit

He is light years ahead of any of our other players. From a purely footballing perspective he needs to be on a team with equal quality all over the pitch.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
We see it, even if you don't.

There is legit criticisms of Pogba to made, but what a certain section of our fans have for him goes beyond that, re-read this thread.

For some, its hatred, for others, its unconscious bias (see Souness).

Oh, and accusing others of hatred for spotting it, is fecked up.

Re-read this thread and go see social media and tell me its not more than just football.

All this venom and bile thrown at our best player for having the audacity to be ambitious that he may not want to spend his peak years fighting for top 4 for a club that is in shambles.
I'm not talking about anyone on social media, or Souness. I'm talking about this thread. I'm sure the poor lad get heaps of racism thrown at him all over the internet, and it's not on.

Please if you are throwing accusations around of people being racist lets see some hard evidence in quotes. There is a massive difference to what you see and what is factual reality.

People are very well entitled to hate him for whatever reason they feel the need too. He might just have an offensive hairdo that winds some folk up. They are entitled to feel however they want about that, and yes, including spouting bile, although that would be a bit silly over an obnoxious hairdo! But what wouldn't be right is to dislike him based on his race, or throw accusations at him based on his race. Just like those folks who hate him and spout their bile should not be accused of being racist when they haven't even given any hint of it!

If you want to continue this chat I'm game, but please make sure you can prove these claims of racism, real or perceived, with factual quotes! If not, go sit in a corner somewhere and give your head a great big wobble.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
He is light years ahead of any of our other players. From a purely footballing perspective he needs to be on a team with equal quality all over the pitch.
Agree with this totally, but while he is at Utd he needs to be professional get his head down and give 110%

Fridge chutney

I hope he signs a new contract. Our midfield already isn't good enough. We will regress substantially if he leaves.

cyril C

RM isn't going to fork out 80m for any player, in fact, all they want is to trade in with players that we don't need. Throw in Varane then we should definitely talk. No other club is going after Pogba, despite his agent doing a Trump act every week. However, whether Pogba is professional enough to focus on his game until end of season, is another matter. Judging from his record, a No more likely than Yes.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I actually think January is a win or bust situation with United and Pogba and it doesn't necessarily involve him on the move at that particular time.

If United show intent in January and bring in atleast 2 very good players then that may sway Pogba in finally thinking United are on the right track.

If United,as some predict, do absolute zilch then it simply makes Pogba's decision to leave in the Summer that much easier.

The_Order

I'm not talking about anyone on social media, or Souness. I'm talking about this thread. I'm sure the poor lad get heaps of racism thrown at him all over the internet, and it's not on.

Please if you are throwing accusations around of people being racist lets see some hard evidence in quotes. There is a massive difference to what you see and what is factual reality.

People are very well entitled to hate him for whatever reason they feel the need too. He might just have an offensive hairdo that winds some folk up. They are entitled to feel however they want about that, and yes, including spouting bile, although that would be a bit silly over an obnoxious hairdo! But what wouldn't be right is to dislike him based on his race, or throw accusations at him based on his race. Just like those folks who hate him and spout their bile should not be accused of being racist when they haven't even given any hint of it!

If you want to continue this chat I'm game, but please make sure you can prove these claims of racism, real or perceived, with factual quotes! If not, go sit in a corner somewhere and give your head a great big wobble.
Give my head a great big wobble? hahaha

Yeah, we're done here. You seem to belong to a sect of people in our society that seem to believe racism exists in the sole spectrum of the N word, monkey chants and lynchings.

Racism and bigotry are far more nuanced that the ironic black and white call out that you wont see here because it will result in a ban. But your outright refusal to entertain the idea that some of the undeserved and venomous vitriol here could be attributed to something more could be seen as telling.

For the record, no one has accused any poster here of being racist, but some of us are finding the ridiculous amount of hatred to be unfounded and may suggest it down to something else.

Occams Razor and all that.

Anyways, have a Merry Christmas.

I'm out.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I hope he signs a new contract. Our midfield already isn't good enough. We will regress substantially if he leaves.
Best case scenario is the same as Coutinho and Liverpool.

If Ole stays maybe Pogba will never fulfill his potential here, selling him and using that money to strengthen two spots would be ideal, but will never be as successful as what happened there with Alisson and VVD.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

I’m not sure if you have ever suffered from racism before, but there is a lot more to it than Pogba being called the N-word.

You mentioned that, ‘if people want to hate him for an offensive hairdo, they are entitled to’, which is part of the problem. Offensive to who? Offensive to whose standards? Who decides what a more ‘sensible’ hairstyle should be? Some of the players people have been begging us to replace him with who are probably not viewed by the British consensus as flashy gits with an attitude problem don’t sport clean shaven heads. But James Maddison’s parting, shaved sides and comb over or Jack Grealish’s Peaky Blinders comb over is subconsciously on the ‘acceptable’ list - while Pogba’s hair is something we will tolerate if he wins us the game.

The standards of good or bad people should be the same. Pogba is, by all accounts, genuinely a good by; and by absolute superstar footballer accounts - an exceptionally good boy. Never has there been an off the field scandal about him. I’ve barely even seen him use the F-word in anger on a football pitch. He looks after his body off the pitch. He doesn’t party or drink. He does A LOT of charity work. I could go on. He goes to Miami or LA in the off season and spends half the time on a basketball court, playing sport, keeping fit. I don’t know him, but he seems a good person with a good attitude by all accounts.

The racism element, for me, comes from people feeling they have the right to call his choices and preferences, things that are common for people from his background, wrong. Or ‘too much’ or whatever. Says who exactly? Pogba wears big earrings, he colours his hair, he likes African music and dancing. These are all things that have been grouped into ‘silly antics on social media’ by the real lazy people who have an issue with his differences. As I said, good and bad is universal. The rest is preference. If he enjoyed different music, different fashion, different dancing - ones that made sense with what many others have decided is what a ‘normal chap his age’ should indulge in, people would have less to say.

I suspect it’s something people would not recognise if they are on the other side of it. But I am confident that many people have observed it a long time ago. Pogba has an ‘attitude problem’ and is ‘lazy’. These are the tags that people like him regularly get stuck with every day without much force, and if the voice doing the labelling is in the majority, it sticks. Raheem Sterling suffered very similarly.

To me, I have little doubt that there is clear subconscious racism towards Pogba in this country. It’s just become the norm, but people are so desensitised that until they hear the N-word or see a monkey chant, it doesn’t exist.

Some, who obviously struggle to see any racism in their views, will say the reason they have such a problem with him is all because of football or something. Some of the names I’ve heard in this thread. He’s twice the player Jack Grealish isnfor a start, and better than Maddison too. For all the stick the English press give him, he’d moonwalk into England’s midfield with his eyes closed. In fact, he ran absolute rings around them last time he faced them for France.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Give my head a great big wobble? hahaha

Yeah, we're done here. You seem to belong to a sect of people in our society that seem to believe racism exists in the sole spectrum of the N word, monkey chants and lynchings.

Racism and bigotry are far more nuanced that the ironic black and white call out that you wont see here because it will result in a ban. But your outright refusal to entertain the idea that some of the undeserved and venomous vitriol here could be attributed to something more could be seen as telling.

For the record, no one has accused any poster here of being racist, but some of us are finding the ridiculous amount of hatred to be unfounded and may suggest it down to something else.

Occams Razor and all that.

Anyways, have a Merry Christmas.

I'm out.
There you go again throwing tripe out! From a few posts you have deduced that I "belong to a sect of people that seem to believe racism exists in the sole spectrum of the N word, monkey chants and lynchings." Get real man, what this boils down to is that you can't seem to handle that folk have a different opinion from your own therefore they must be racist!

So lets have a closer look at your use of Occams Razor: Pogba and his entourage have been making it known for a long while now he doesn't want to be at Utd - Ah sure the fans don't care about that.
Pogba pretty much downs tools and sulks around and only plays when he can seemingly be arsed to. - Ah sure the fans don't care about that.
Pogba had no respect for his former boss and acted in a multitude of unprofessional ways, partially leading to his sacking. - Ah sure the fans don't care about that.
Pogba throws his weight around the pitch taking it upon himself to become the penalty taker and thinks he the bigman...bigger than the club. - Ah sure the fans don't care about that.
Pogba is very injured, so much so he spends 3 months out to recover, but after a month he was playing basket ball. - Ah sure the fans don't care about that.
Pogba's bad injury suddenly get better once he realises that there are no teams willing or able to pay what he's worth. - Ah sure the fans don't care about that.

Nothing there to wind the fans up is there, why are folk so mean to the poor lad? There must be some simpler explanation why the fans don't like him? hmmmm Lemme think....Oh I know they must be racist! The knuckle dragging brexit supporting Farage loving stella drinking scum!

Merry Christmas to you and to yours also.

The_Order

I’m not sure if you have ever suffered from racism before, but there is a lot more to it than Pogba being called the N-word.

You mentioned that, ‘if people want to hate him for an offensive hairdo, they are entitled to’, which is part of the problem. Offensive to who? Offensive to whose standards? Who decides what a more ‘sensible’ hairstyle should be? Some of the players people have been begging us to replace him with who are probably not viewed by the British consensus as flashy gits with an attitude problem don’t sport clean shaven heads. But James Maddison’s parting, shaved sides and comb over or Jack Grealish’s Peaky Blinders comb over is subconsciously on the ‘acceptable’ list - while Pogba’s hair is something we will tolerate if he wins us the game.

The standards of good or bad people should be the same. Pogba is, by all accounts, genuinely a good by; and by absolute superstar footballer accounts - an exceptionally good boy. Never has there been an off the field scandal about him. I’ve barely even seen him use the F-word in anger on a football pitch. He looks after his body off the pitch. He doesn’t party or drink. He does A LOT of charity work. I could go on. He goes to Miami or LA in the off season and spends half the time on a basketball court, playing sport, keeping fit. I don’t know him, but he seems a good person with a good attitude by all accounts.

The racism element, for me, comes from people feeling they have the right to call his choices and preferences, things that are common for people from his background, wrong. Or ‘too much’ or whatever. Says who exactly? Pogba wears big earrings, he colours his hair, he likes African music and dancing. These are all things that have been grouped into ‘silly antics on social media’ by the real lazy people who have an issue with his differences. As I said, good and bad is universal. The rest is preference. If he enjoyed different music, different fashion, different dancing - ones that made sense with what many others have decided is what a ‘normal chap his age’ should indulge in, people would have less to say.

I suspect it’s something people would not recognise if they are on the other side of it. But I am confident that many people have observed it a long time ago. Pogba has an ‘attitude problem’ and is ‘lazy’. These are the tags that people like him regularly get stuck with every day without much force, and if the voice doing the labelling is in the majority, it sticks. Raheem Sterling suffered very similarly.

To me, I have little doubt that there is clear subconscious racism towards Pogba in this country. It’s just become the norm, but people are so desensitised that until they hear the N-word or see a monkey chant, it doesn’t exist.

Some, who obviously struggle to see any racism in their views, will say the reason they have such a problem with him is all because of football or something. Some of the names I’ve heard in this thread. He’s twice the player Jack Grealish isnfor a start, and better than Maddison too. For all the stick the English press give him, he’d moonwalk into England’s midfield with his eyes closed. In fact, he ran absolute rings around them last time he faced them for France.
Its pointless.

You see, its those that point out the prejudice that are the real racists.

This is the current climate, unfortunately, even last night Gary Neville said this:

Raven

There you go again throwing tripe out! From a few posts you have deduced that I "belong to a sect of people that seem to believe racism exists in the sole spectrum of the N word, monkey chants and lynchings." Get real man, what this boils down to is that you can't seem to handle that folk have a different opinion from your own therefore they must be racist!

So lets have a closer look at your use of Occams Razor: Pogba and his entourage have been making it known for a long while now he doesn't want to be at Utd - Ah sure the fans don't care about that.
Pogba pretty much downs tools and sulks around and only plays when he can seemingly be arsed to. - Ah sure the fans don't care about that.
Pogba had no respect for his former boss and acted in a multitude of unprofessional ways, partially leading to his sacking. - Ah sure the fans don't care about that.
Pogba throws his weight around the pitch taking it upon himself to become the penalty taker and thinks he the bigman...bigger than the club. - Ah sure the fans don't care about that.
Pogba is very injured, so much so he spends 3 months out to recover, but after a month he was playing basket ball. - Ah sure the fans don't care about that.
Pogba's bad injury suddenly get better once he realises that there are no teams willing or able to pay what he's worth. - Ah sure the fans don't care about that.

Nothing there to wind the fans up is there, why are folk so mean to the poor lad? There must be some simpler explanation why the fans don't like him? hmmmm Lemme think....Oh I know they must be racist! The knuckle dragging brexit supporting Farage loving stella drinking scum!

Merry Christmas to you and to yours also.
You're coming across as a bit of a simpleton here. Chucking out conspiracy theories and easily disprovable cliches is both boring and lends validity to the post you are quoting. Given that all you've written is either lies or hyperbole, where do you think the hate came from?

Just to be clear as well, it was Pogba and Martial who kept Jose in a job for the last few months, please stop perpetuating the lie that Pogba got him sacked, he has been nothing but professional.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You're coming across as a bit of a simpleton here. Chucking out conspiracy theories and easily disprovable cliches is both boring and lends validity to the post you are quoting. Given that all you've written is either lies or hyperbole, where do you think the hate came from?

Just to be clear as well, it was Pogba and Martial who kept Jose in a job for the last few months, please stop perpetuating the lie that Pogba got him sacked, he has been nothing but professional.
That Newcastle game specially, we were trailing by 2 goals at home. Jose was about to be sacked, Pogba and Martial gave him a reprieve when they didn't have to

Raven

That Newcastle game specially, we were trailing by 2 goals at home. Jose was about to be sacked, Pogba and Martial gave him a reprieve when they didn't have to
Yep, the revisionism that goes on around here is criminal.

Judas

Open to offers
Honestly being reminded just how good Pogba is makes his most likely departure next summer even more frustrating and painful for me. If he’d never played for us again at least I’d have months without seeing him in our shirt looking leagues above everyone else!

clarkydaz

Jesus that’s insane, usually have nothing but love and praise for our away support, best in the country, but that is utterly pathetic and totally out of order.

It’s as if people want to see us sink further into mediocrity.
Yeah considering he hasn't played for 3 months and came on as our best player, its a real let down

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley

I have suffered from racism quite a few times in my life. Thats a great post from you by the way, and gives me food for thought as there's a fair bit to digest and being the simpleton that I am, will take me some time to process what you have said. But I applaud you for taking the time to put your views across in such an eloquent and concise way.

I only mentioned his hair in a tongue in cheek way to put a point across that people are entitled to their view. It has nothing to do with race or culture. David Beckham got loads of stick back in the day because of his hair. Using "offensive and obnoxious" to describe his hair is how I have seen people making fun of it in the past and used those words to show how ridiculous that argument is....albeit valid if they feel it is that way.

I've said before about both Jack Grealish and James Maddison that they look like a pair of fannies..I can only speak for myself here, but I'd think twice about saying something like that about any black players hair because there will always be people who want to take it the wrong way and turn it into a case of racism or cultural bias or whatever...Sometimes people are just having some craic...most of the time there is no neferious meaning behind someone taking the piss. It doesnt matter if you are black, brown, white or yellow people are always going to take the piss out of daft hairdos...especially older blokes like me who don't understand fashion.

I'm sure he is a good lad. I've been around professional sportsmen back when I was younger, a couple of whom became top world class players of our chosen sport. I completely understand the dedication and drive that Pogba must posess to have got to where he is Today. Pro atheletes who reach the big leagues are an entirely different creature to the rest of us. But we are talking about racism. It might be worth making a new thread in the general or current affairs section as not to derail this Pogba thread, especially since these last few months in football and wider society.

It's true that Sterling got a lot of stick in his younger days, but he got his head down...some might say he grew up! Now he comes across as a good professional. Same might be said of Lindgard, he could be accused of loosing his way a little with all his social media and brand stuff. But it's nothing to do with race that folk criticise him., or at least not the 99% It's because fans pay what little money they have going to games. or paying ridiculous amounts to pay for the subscription TV. For the vast majority what the fans pay out to follow a football team is a pretty hefty chunk of their salary...so as far as I'm concerned if they see a player who they don't think is giving their all that player will get a lot of shit and rightly so. Look at the abuse Rooney got when he wanted to leave. It's not always about race.

There is no denying that there is a lot of racism in the country. I don't quite grasp what you mean by subconcious racism though. I'd like to hear you expand on that if you could please. Maybe open another thread if you could as it deserves to be talked about.

Again you are right about him being twice the player as Grealish and Maddison, but the only difference is that they don't play for Utd.

Again though man, you did a good post and have opened my mind to a few ideas I've perhaps not thought about before. But still...I don't think all the criticism boils down to his race though.

Its pointless.

You see, its those that point out the prejudice that are the real racists.

This is the current climate, unfortunately, even last night Gary Neville said this:

It's not pointless man, when someone takes the time to put their views across without any nonsense or accusations and explains things intelligently it can open peoples minds and perhaps change views. Look above at Rozay's post, Peoples views need to be heard and not shouted down with accusations or the view that one point of view is better than another without proper debate.

But yeah...that dude saying that at the end of Nevilles speech was terrible and doesn't paint a very good picture of how the media and society in general are treating a serious issue.

Being Autistic it has been said before I can come across as a bit of a simpleton. You just come across as a knob. Dont attack the poster attack the post! 99% of the hate for Pogba comes from him not living up to all his potential and hype thats all...not race!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Racism thing wasn't in the PL for some time until the Serie A wasn't it?

The football association should look at it as a world issue or the PL should take the first step.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This is why its hard to take Gary Neville seriously. His hate for Pogba is just pathetic.
Its not just Gaz. Take Maguire as an example. We spent nearly as much on Maguire as we spent on Pogba and he's nowhere near as good as the French man is. Yet, who gets booed? Exactly.

Gazza

I have suffered from racism quite a few times in my life. Thats a great post from you by the way, and gives me food for thought as there's a fair bit to digest and being the simpleton that I am, will take me some time to process what you have said. But I applaud you for taking the time to put your views across in such an eloquent and concise way.

I only mentioned his hair in a tongue in cheek way to put a point across that people are entitled to their view. It has nothing to do with race or culture. David Beckham got loads of stick back in the day because of his hair. Using "offensive and obnoxious" to describe his hair is how I have seen people making fun of it in the past and used those words to show how ridiculous that argument is....albeit valid if they feel it is that way.

I've said before about both Jack Grealish and James Maddison that they look like a pair of fannies..I can only speak for myself here, but I'd think twice about saying something like that about any black players hair because there will always be people who want to take it the wrong way and turn it into a case of racism or cultural bias or whatever...Sometimes people are just having some craic...most of the time there is no neferious meaning behind someone taking the piss. It doesnt matter if you are black, brown, white or yellow people are always going to take the piss out of daft hairdos...especially older blokes like me who don't understand fashion.
'Taking the piss out of his hairdo' does not describe what I have seen on here, social media and Sky Sports pundits -- rather, his hairstyle is used to extrapolate conjecture about his professionalism or commitment to the cause. This is not lighthearted or done in a spirit of having a laugh. It's done to take weak potshots at Paul Pogba as a professional. You should read back through this thread and see how much vitriol is spewed about Pogba when it comes to things like his haircut, fashion sense, or proclivity to dance. To compare it to James Maddison or Jack Grealish getting a bit of 'banter' on social media is just way off-base; in Pogba's case, it is systematic, recurring damage done to his professional reputation, not a one-off piss-take.

Posh Red

'Taking the piss out of his hairdo' does not describe what I have seen on here, social media and Sky Sports pundits -- rather, his hairstyle is used to extrapolate conjecture about his professionalism or commitment to the cause. This is not lighthearted or done in a spirit of having a laugh. It's done to take weak potshots at Paul Pogba as a professional. You should read back through this thread and see how much vitriol is spewed about Pogba when it comes to things like his haircut, fashion sense, or proclivity to dance. To compare it to James Maddison or Jack Grealish getting a bit of 'banter' on social media is just way off-base; in Pogba's case, it is systematic, recurring damage done to his professional reputation, not a one-off piss-take.
It seems that some people can’t see it, but I completely agree. It’s quite sinister at times and I do feel for the guy. Luckily he seems tough enough to brush a lot of it off.

Hughie77

There's some want him out some want him to stay, I want him to stay, look at the difference against a stubborn defence yesterday when he came on, created much much more, he needs to be played further forward, have Fred, Mctominay behind, Pogba will find Rashford, James, Martial/ Greenwood.
The only people I can hear wanting him to go is the ones who knows his qualities.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not just professional reputation, some question his morality.

cruseofried

I think there won't be any takers for Paul Pogba simply because he will cost too much. I think prospective buyers (very few ) will need to fork out north of €150 million transfer plus north of €350 thousand per week. I don't think there will be any takers but I'm happy with that because I think he's the best and most creative midfielder in Europe. Given that we buy some proper midfield support for him, we'll have a midfield machine which works and supplies ammunition to the front line. We need an extra striker, perhaps Haaland is in the pipeline. :devil:

Raven

I'm sure he is a good lad. I've been around professional sportsmen back when I was younger, a couple of whom became top world class players of our chosen sport. I completely understand the dedication and drive that Pogba must posess to have got to where he is Today. Pro atheletes who reach the big leagues are an entirely different creature to the rest of us. But we are talking about racism. It might be worth making a new thread in the general or current affairs section as not to derail this Pogba thread, especially since these last few months in football and wider society.

It's true that Sterling got a lot of stick in his younger days, but he got his head down...some might say he grew up! Now he comes across as a good professional. Same might be said of Lindgard, he could be accused of loosing his way a little with all his social media and brand stuff. But it's nothing to do with race that folk criticise him., or at least not the 99% It's because fans pay what little money they have going to games. or paying ridiculous amounts to pay for the subscription TV. For the vast majority what the fans pay out to follow a football team is a pretty hefty chunk of their salary...so as far as I'm concerned if they see a player who they don't think is giving their all that player will get a lot of shit and rightly so. Look at the abuse Rooney got when he wanted to leave. It's not always about race.

There is no denying that there is a lot of racism in the country. I don't quite grasp what you mean by subconcious racism though. I'd like to hear you expand on that if you could please. Maybe open another thread if you could as it deserves to be talked about.

Again you are right about him being twice the player as Grealish and Maddison, but the only difference is that they don't play for Utd.

Again though man, you did a good post and have opened my mind to a few ideas I've perhaps not thought about before. But still...I don't think all the criticism boils down to his race though.

It's not pointless man, when someone takes the time to put their views across without any nonsense or accusations and explains things intelligently it can open peoples minds and perhaps change views. Look above at Rozay's post, Peoples views need to be heard and not shouted down with accusations or the view that one point of view is better than another without proper debate.

But yeah...that dude saying that at the end of Nevilles speech was terrible and doesn't paint a very good picture of how the media and society in general are treating a serious issue.

Being Autistic it has been said before I can come across as a bit of a simpleton. You just come across as a knob. Dont attack the poster attack the post! 99% of the hate for Pogba comes from him not living up to all his potential and hype thats all...not race!
I did attack the post, I certainly did not attack you. My point was that the post was so bad that it made you come off as a simpleton. If you can substantiate any of your claims or even make a valid point in support of your argument, I'm more than willing to discuss. What I won't be doing is going around in circles talking about the same tired cliches and conspiracy theories that are factually wrong.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Jesus that’s insane, usually have nothing but love and praise for our away support, best in the country, but that is utterly pathetic and totally out of order.

It’s as if people want to see us sink further into mediocrity.
Was listening to the game with headphones on and when Pogba was introduced I heard the boos but automatically thought it must be Watford supporters, then I heard "who are ya, who are ya, who are ya." which would of been strange coming from Watford fans.

redshaw

Was listening to the game with headphones on and when Pogba was introduced I heard the boos but automatically thought it must be Watford supporters, then I heard "who are ya, who are ya, who are ya." which would of been strange coming from Watford fans.

Not strange to me as I've heard that and more for oppo fans. Any high profile player of ours like Ronaldo for example got boos, who are ya around the country. They make our players their business.

Can not see our away fans singing that.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Not strange to me as I've heard that and more for oppo fans. Any high profile player of ours like Ronaldo for example got boos, who are ya around the country. They make our players their business.

Can not see our away fans singing that.
United fan at the game saying Pogba was booed when he came over to applaud the fans after the game. Which seems ludicrous.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
I did attack the post, I certainly did not attack you. My point was that the post was so bad that it made you come off as a simpleton. If you can substantiate any of your claims or even make a valid point in support of your argument, I'm more than willing to discuss. What I won't be doing is going around in circles talking about the same tired cliches and conspiracy theories that are factually wrong.
Look, man, the facts are that you have called me (a person with autism) a simpleton. You can try to justify that in whichever way you choose, but the fact remains. It is folk like you who shut all debate down and are so entrenched in you own beliefs that you cannot or are unwilling to take anything else on board and when someone does disagree with you and then direct your hate speech towards them! It's a cnutish thing to do and I'm sure your parents would be proud to have brought up such a person!

Tell me, how is it factually wrong, that Pogba has been giving less than 100% in more than a few games games...it is there for all to see. Please don't come back with stats to tell me he has runs xx distance! I watch football players playing football and judge on what I see on the pitch, and not by looking at numbers,.

Tell me how Pogba was right to take the ball away from Rashford for that penalty, and by doing so acted in a very unprofessional way! Or did that not happen?

Tell me how I am mistaken that the video of Pogba giving attitude to Mourinho on the training ground doesn't show that he acted unprofessionally.

Tell me about this quote "...after discovering that he had played his last game under Mourinho, Pogba shouted: "He thought he could make a fool of me and turn the fans against me. He f***ed with the wrong baller....Michael Carrick, who remains at Old Trafford as part of caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's coaching staff, reportedly brought an end to the celebrations and was forced to intervene to remind Pogba that no one individual is bigger than the club." This is lies is it? This is a very detailed description of what happened for it to be made up lies, and if it was a total fabrication I would expect that there would be legal action taken...but no!

It's admirable that you are sticking up for Pogba, as he is clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the team in terms of quality on the pitch, but it is very understandable that folk are really not liking the professionalism that he has been showing at times, both on the ptch and often off it. Fans are the ones who pay his wages ultimately and will demand complete professionalism and dedication to the cause...If he was performing week in week out on the pitch he probably wouldn't get as much stick.

I will say again though. That it has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with his professionalism and this attitude he gives off that he is bigger than the club!

Mainoldo

Look, man, the facts are that you have called me (a person with autism) a simpleton. You can try to justify that in whichever way you choose, but the fact remains. It is folk like you who shut all debate down and are so entrenched in you own beliefs that you cannot or are unwilling to take anything else on board and when someone does disagree with you and then direct your hate speech towards them! It's a cnutish thing to do and I'm sure your parents would be proud to have brought up such a person!

Tell me, how is it factually wrong, that Pogba has been giving less than 100% in more than a few games games...it is there for all to see. Please don't come back with stats to tell me he has runs xx distance! I watch football players playing football and judge on what I see on the pitch, and not by looking at numbers,.

Tell me how Pogba was right to take the ball away from Rashford for that penalty, and by doing so acted in a very unprofessional way! Or did that not happen?

Tell me how I am mistaken that the video of Pogba giving attitude to Mourinho on the training ground doesn't show that he acted unprofessionally.

Tell me about this quote "...after discovering that he had played his last game under Mourinho, Pogba shouted: "He thought he could make a fool of me and turn the fans against me. He f***ed with the wrong baller....Michael Carrick, who remains at Old Trafford as part of caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's coaching staff, reportedly brought an end to the celebrations and was forced to intervene to remind Pogba that no one individual is bigger than the club." This is lies is it? This is a very detailed description of what happened for it to be made up lies, and if it was a total fabrication I would expect that there would be legal action taken...but no!

It's admirable that you are sticking up for Pogba, as he is clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the team in terms of quality on the pitch, but it is very understandable that folk are really not liking the professionalism that he has been showing at times, both on the ptch and often off it. Fans are the ones who pay his wages ultimately and will demand complete professionalism and dedication to the cause...If he was performing week in week out on the pitch he probably wouldn't get as much stick.

I will say again though. That it has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with his professionalism and this attitude he gives off that he is bigger than the club!
I can’t believe you took soo much effort to show hate towards Pogba. Like how many paragraphs. Do us all a favour and write this same garbage for our £80m actual ‘average’ CB. But you won’t will you because he doesn't dance and probably listen to Lil Baby..

It has everything do with your last paragraph that’s why you even bothered brining up that point. I Can feel your passion in your post. Just quit it. Yes we are open to our opinions but take a look in the minor. Is it really coming from a good place?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I can’t believe you took soo much effort to show hate towards Pogba. Like how many paragraphs. Do us all a favour and write this same garbage for our £80m actual ‘average’ CB. But you won’t will you because he doesn't dance and probably listen to Lil Baby..
I love how someone gave an actual constructive argument and you came out with "you show hate. Hate someone else".

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Sorry, I was quite busy during the day, and wanted to do you the courtesy of responding properly.

I’ll start with the topic of hair again. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with someone thinking a hairstyle is naff or ridiculous. That doesn’t necessarily make it a racial thing per se. I would never come out with Sagna’s hairstyle, or the famous R9 one - they look ridiculous to me. And your right, people do take the mick out of the likes of Grealish’s hair too. The key difference with a Grealish or Maddison is that the conversation is NEVER ‘if he spent less time focusing on his hair’ or ‘you can understand why fans get annoyed when they see the hair, the dancing and then...’. There is a regular link between Pogba’s hair and his performance and genuine attitude to his profession. ‘Sir Alex would have never stood for this’ and what not. It’s beyond thinking his hair is crap, it’s using the hair he likes to wear to question his professionalism and attitude, which is out of order I think.

With regards to Sterling, I don’t think it’s a case of ‘he got stick when he was younger but then he got his head down and they left him alone’. His getting his head down and becoming one of the top players in the league is not what it should have taken to stop the constant rubbish about ‘bling bling footballer’ and the press counting every penny he spent and trying to create a villain out of him. What if he never became as good as he is now? Does that mean it’s fair game to attack him? The press only stopped because he confronted them and called them out. He was already a top player at that time. There is a famous thread of Sterling headlines that have nothing to do with football, and border on obsessive. All before he called them out, now he’s man of the year.

Even Lingard. I think he’s a shite footballer. I don’t think he’s shite because he likes dancing and is active on social media. I mean, so the feck what? I had no issue with his video in the summer personally, he’s on his holiday, leave him alone.

The general point is the background voice which says what people need to be like. What they need to spend their money on, what they need to drive, how they need to wear their hair, how they need to talk etc. Who decides? As a young black guy myself, I can confidently say that this ideal is not the one that relates to me, and probably Pogba, Sterling or others either. Then you get lazy titles like ‘bad boy footballer’ or ‘bling bling footballer’. It creates a persona that you can only get away with if you are everyone’s favourite footballer, and if not - you need to change who you are to fit. I remember Mourinho defending Pogba in an interview once, and I think he was trying to say the same thing but didn’t articulate it as well. He was asked a question about him, and he said he thinks a lot of the media don’t like him because ‘he is very rich’. I think the nuance of that is more ‘flash’ - all footballers are rich after all, but there is a problem with Pogba’s image.

To put it simply, or in ‘simpleton’ terms ;) - if I asked if Pogba was a ‘goodie’ or a ‘baddie’ in football narrative - I think it’s fair to say he’s one of the ‘bad guys’. If and when he leaves, many, including his own fans will say ‘good riddance’. If you really ask yourself ‘why is he one of the bad guys?’, I don’t think there’s really a good answer to that.

By subconscious racism, I use that description because I don’t believe the likes of Souness, Neville and many fans are proper racists. I think a lot of the racist tones towards Pogba are probably without realisation. The main thing is that there is a profile that fits, in many ways - and Pogba doesn’t really fit it. The reasons he doesn’t fit it, I think, are for simply because of who he is. His taste in this and that, his gait - these are not ‘bad’ things, but they are different things. The notion that Roy Keane wouldn’t dance or wear his hair like that is an example. So what if he wouldn’t? Maybe Roy Keane has no style? Souness probably feels people should conduct themselves like Keane, Gary Neville, and many fans probably think the same. I’m not sure where that leaves Pogbas, Manes, Depays and Sterlings. ‘Bad boys’ of football, I guess, when in reality, they seem just as much good guys as the rest. Just different. Roy Keane has far more indiscretions than Pogba. But the place that they came from - well they ‘make sense’ to the majority here. It’s passion etc. He tried to break a player’s leg, he threw a punch at Shearer, he criticises his teammates on a TV interview. Yet the masses would say ‘I’d want a player like him in my team’, while the same demographic wouldn’t want a Pogba. But they have the microphone so they get to decide what indiscretions are the ones that are okay. And I’m not having the lame excuse that it’s simply his football. He’s better than most midfielders in this league.

I could go deeper into the issue with the shortage of black managers in British football. I don’t think it’s overt, but it’s subconscious. There is a profile, in my opinion. Tony Adams, Roy Keane, Steven Gerrard - they just ‘look’ like what a football manager would look like. Jermaine Defoe probably doesn’t. A Roy Keane or Gerrard was always going to find it easier to get a chance at a good club in management. They fit the profile. I remember calling out a poster once when Paul Ince got the job as Blackburn manager, following success at MK Dons. The season hasn’t begun, but he said, ‘he’ll come in, do a shite job, and then get sacked and people will say it’s because he’s a black manager’, and I responded by pointing out that the problem was that he had already written him off as a potential manager before a ball was kicked. That’s a bit of a tangent from Pogba, but the point is, in British football, there is a mould that works, and one that doesn’t so much. Pogba, despite seemingly being a nice guy, and very fecking talented for good measure, doesn’t fit it, and the lazy thing is to summarise it as because he has a problem with his attitude.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
How do you know he hasn't been giving 100% in the majority of games? Do you know what a fact is? You're stating an opinion.

I watch all the games too and I haven't seen any noticible dip in his work rate.

His performance level might dip, that's normal, everyone's does but that doesn't mean it's because of a lack of effort.

Are you aware that Pogba was the No.1 penalty taker for us last season? How is he not in his right as the main penalty taker, to take responsibility at an important time in the game and take it?

How were his actions in any way unprofessional?

Where is your source for this quote? I have never seen this before. I wasn't aware of any evidence which shows exactly what happened that day.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

I love how someone gave an actual constructive argument and you came out with "you show hate. Hate someone else".
It wasn’t constructive it was just moments of a top footballer having football moments. No one moaned when RVN took penalties of players, punched players in training had tantrums..

I said hate someone else because the same moments from player ‘x’ won’t get the same hate. That’s a fact, water down what I’m saying if you want I don’t really care.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

You are aware of the way Pogba is portrayed in the media? All the things you are describing is exactly the narrative painted of him in the media. You are aware the media make up lies and distort truth to get views/sell papers?

How about just listening to the views of people directly involved with him on a day to day basis?

You will find no negative records of him at all.

In fact you couldn't find a more likable, genuine guy, who still has time for all the smaller staff, who still remembers the staff who looked after him in the youth team at the club being fondly described.

Does that sound like the guy you are describing?

Don't you think there's a clear disconnect between the guy being described in the media to how he is behind closed doors to the people who actually really know him?

Almost like it's all been made up in the media?

Last edited: