Is Pogba as good as gone?

fergiesarmy1

Raiola's comments about United are the final straw, without a doubt. He's absolutely trashed us, Solskjaer, Woodward etc. He simply has to go, there is no way back.

Anybody that is still arguing his case is naive and out of touch with reality. Have some fecking pride, this player is shitting on you and all the other supporters and you're just lapping it all up like some desperate idiots.
It’s like he was playing at some superstar level previously for us, bang average for the hype at best. Hasn’t scored a goal from open play for 11 fecking months for club and country, even Jessie has managed that.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Its crazy that people are trying to explain this away. Its simple
Pogba has been desperate to leave United for a long long time. First offering himself to City 2 years ago.
No one will pay the asking price.
So only solution for him to leave is to reduce his price / vslue to United. Hey presto this seasons antics.
Personally id let him rot in the reserves.
I assume you have proof that he 'offered himself to City'?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You'd have to be a big old mug to be angry about Pogba's frustrations with the club when every fan with any sense feels exactly the same.
There’s a huge difference though, Pogba is in a position to influence that plight and being paid an astronomical figure to do so.

fergiesarmy1

Can we? Our manager came out and told us we are basically throwing away a season.. maybe we shouldn’t pay him for not doing his job either or maybe the season ticket holders should get there money back, as this season means nothing.

But let’s focus on Pogba
Ole has come out and said he absolutely believes we will get top four this season so that’s crap as well, also we are going strong in 2 cups and the fa Cup is around the corner.

If this season means nothing to you and Pogba I suggest you both feck off to whichever two team league he ends up at as he can’t hack it in the premiership clearly.

TRUERED89

Do you have that same energy for £300k a week David De Gea and if not. Why don’t you?
De Gea and his agent haven't been behaving like Pogba and Raiola that's why! Yea De Gea might have dragged out the contract negotiations but no where near as disrespectful as what Pogba has done! Now his people decide he needs an operation on his ankle!? Isn't that United's duty to decide ? De Gea never opened his mouth the way those 2 have done in recent times.

TRUERED89

Hahaha Riola is that you? He helped a world class manager (apparently) eventually get the sack now he’s not happy with his replacement (who helped him when he was a snotty nose kid). Maybe we should let Pogba and Riola run the club as well, decide on managers and transfer policy?
Totally this!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There’s a huge difference though, Pogba is in a position to influence that plight and being paid an astronomical figure to do so.
He isn't in a position to influence anything outside of forcing the club to bring better players. And there isn't a lot of ways to do that.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I suggest you go watch the video of him giving a team talk prior to the WC final.

Just because he doesn't seem like it on the pitch, he still has that winning mentality.

He is our most talented player but unfortunately over the last year he has been in the media for negative reasons.
I also saw David Luiz roaring on the stadium the other night, urging the crowd to get behind the team. It doesn't make him a defensive warrior any more than a team talk before the biggest game of his life makes Paul Pogba a 24/7 52 weeks a year leader of men.

For a club that has had Bryan Robson and Roy Keane in central midfield in the last 30 years, to suggest that Paul Pogba belongs in the same conversation (or in fact even in the same language) in terms of leadership as those two were is stretching it to say the least.

Mainoldo

He's worthy of his salary when he works for it. But, for you, he should focus on the Euros. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Man United, who pay his salary don't play in the Euros?

Is he worthy of a salary? Yes. Is he worth what we pay him? Absolutely not, in my opinion, even when he feels like playing. Which he clearly doesn't right now.
He’s not worth what we pay him? I wonder why you would think that. So who is worth what we pay them?

As I’ve said previously our manager told us this season is a write off so why should our players take it seriously? Pogba decided to get ready for a Euro title challenge instead of a top 10 finish. I don’t blame him, not saying it’s right but if our club wasn’t ran so shite this wouldn’t happen.

It‘a funny that we assume a player like KDB for instance wouldn’t treat us the same right now.

romufc

I also saw David Luiz roaring on the stadium the other night, urging the crowd to get behind the team. It doesn't make him a defensive warrior any more than a team talk before the biggest game of his life makes Paul Pogba a 24/7 52 weeks a year leader of men.

For a club that has had Bryan Robson and Roy Keane in central midfield in the last 30 years, to suggest that Paul Pogba belongs in the same conversation (or in fact even in the same language) in terms of leadership as those two were is stretching it to say the least.
David Luiz is a leader. What does being a leader / winning mentality have to do with quality?

Please go and have a look at the teams Bryan Robson and Roy Keane played in.

I am sure you will see a big difference.

fergiesarmy1

He’s not worth what we pay him? I wonder why you would think that. So who is worth what we pay them?

As I’ve said previously our manager told us this season is a write off so why should our players take it seriously? Pogba decided to get ready for a Euro title challenge instead of a top 10 finish. I don’t blame him, not saying it’s right but if our club wasn’t ran so shite this wouldn’t happen.

It‘a funny that we assume a player like KDB for instance wouldn’t treat us the same right now.
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/solskjaer-comes-on-strong-as-he-predicts-man-utd-cruise-into-top-four

Stop talking crap

Hahaha Riola is that you? He helped a world class manager (apparently) eventually get the sack now he’s not happy with his replacement (who helped him when he was a snotty nose kid). Maybe we should let Pogba and Riola run the club as well, decide on managers and transfer policy?
Totally this!
Pogba did as much as anyone to keep Mourinho in the job in fairness.

dirkey

So, you think it's worth paying him, despite the fact he, in your words, has decided against actually working for us, and has decided to prepare for another challenge? You think that's reasonable.

Other player's worth is for other player's threads. That's not the argument here.

No, I don't think he's worth what we pay him. We pay him like one of the best in the world. Does he consistently give us that? Not in my opinion. And right now, when he's preparing for another challenge? Then he's definitely not worth it. He has a contract. I very much doubt the contract says "You must play, unless you don't really feel like it because we're not in the runniing for the league title or CL trophy".

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Me. Pogba has ambitions to win the top trophies.

I would like to see the club match that ambition and invest seriously. All I see right now is a club that has meekly given up competing (where are Ed's chest thumping "watch this space" comments now?) and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Everyone should be up in arms at the news of Pogba wanting to leave, as it signals the future for us. If Rashford becomes top class, then he'll be off too under this current direction.

We are turning into a nothing club, who's top players leave to win trophies before our very eyes. Can you not see that? Are you happy to accept that?
I wont miss Pogba for a single minute, because I long ago gave up on the idea that we will ever see the player we want him to be on a consistent basis. I absolutely do not equate this situation in any way with the notion that we aren't a big enough club for him.

I also don't think that we are turning into a 'nothing club' just because we've gone a few years without winning the title after dominating the league for 20 years before that. Those are gloryhunters words. What I can assure you is that for any question you may ask about how United get back to winning titles again, Paul Pogba will not be the answer to any of them.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So, you think it's worth paying him, despite the fact he, in your words, has decided against actually working for us, and has decided to prepare for another challenge? You think that's reasonable.

Other player's worth is for other player's threads. That's not the argument here.

No, I don't think he's worth what we pay him. We pay him like one of the best in the world. Does he consistently give us that? Not in my opinion. And right now, when he's preparing for another challenge? Then he's definitely not worth it. He has a contract. I very much doubt the contract says "You must play, unless you don't really feel like it because we're not in the runniing for the league title or CL trophy".
He is injured, he isn't just not playing for the sake of not playing.

Mainoldo

De Gea and his agent haven't been behaving like Pogba and Raiola that's why! Yea De Gea might have dragged out the contract negotiations but no where near as disrespectful as what Pogba has done! Now his people decide he needs an operation on his ankle!? Isn't that United's duty to decide ? De Gea never opened his mouth the way those 2 have done in recent times.
You might not have noticed but our injury record is atrocious and whispers are our medically team is a joke (who’s surprised) we continue to not hire the best in the business and it’s gradually taking its toll on the club.

As for De Gea he’s done exactly the same; the fat bloke is just a lot more blunt with his business. But we all loved it when he was throwing chairs for Mkhitaryan.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He isn't in a position to influence anything outside of forcing the club to bring better players. And there isn't a lot of ways to do that.
He’s in a position to step up and act like a senior player. If he’s actually been injured all this time then so be it but I've found it incredibly difficult to continue making excuses for him recently.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Temporarily but in the end the relationship broke down and would have been part of the reason Jose had to go.
Pogba was still our best performing player under Mourinho long after their relationship broke down. If we had lost against Newcastle, he'd have been out, but Pogba turned that game from 2-0 to 3-2 almost single-handedly when he could've coasted knowing what a loss would've meant.
He’s in a position to step up and act like a senior player. If he’s actually been injured all this time then so be it but I've found it incredibly difficult to continue making excuses for him recently.
What does that entail, exactly? I haven't seen anything to suggest he hasn't acted like a senior player.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Me. Pogba has ambitions to win the top trophies.

I would like to see the club match that ambition and invest seriously. All I see right now is a club that has meekly given up competing (where are Ed's chest thumping "watch this space" comments now?) and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Everyone should be up in arms at the news of Pogba wanting to leave, as it signals the future for us. If Rashford becomes top class, then he'll be off too under this current direction.

We are turning into a nothing club, who's top players leave to win trophies before our very eyes. Can you not see that? Are you happy to accept that?
The club has invested very seriously. There's not many clubs in the world who have spent more than us since Fergie left. The outgoings have been huge. They've just been largely very poor signings with no plan. This is why I'm not a fan of Ole being sacked just yet. Even though I don't think he's up to the job nothing will change at this club until Ed is fired and hopefully the Yanks clear off.

dirkey

He is injured, he isn't just not playing for the sake of not playing.
OK, if you believe that he has been injured this long. I think he probably has a slight injury that he could play through. I believe he could have come back a heck of a lot quicker than he did. I don't believe he has been putting everything into his efforts to get fit again - might be wrong, but wasn't there footage of him playing basketball while he had this 4 month ankle injury? Over in the US? Might be wrong on that!

I think he has now, along with his people, decided that it's time to get the injury looked at, get it cleaned up so that he can be fresh and ready for the Euros. I find it disappointing.

This is all my opinion. But, just like on the field where I don't see much effort, I don't feel there's been much effort to get himself back to help the cause at United.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
David Luiz is a leader. What does being a leader / winning mentality have to do with quality?

I watched Robson play in some pretty dreadful United teams. Far worse than what we see before us today. He dragged those sides along kicking and screaming. Pogba will never be that player and we wont ever see him leading our team - accept it. He is immensely talented but he is not worthy of being called a leader just because he demonstrated some leadership traits on a couple of occasions. I'll be pleased to see the back of him and his entourage - let some other club deal with it.

fergiesarmy1

Pogba was still our best performing player under Mourinho long after their relationship broke down. If we had lost against Newcastle, he'd have been out, but Pogba turned that game from 2-0 to 3-2 almost single-handedly when he could've coasted knowing what a loss would've meant.

What does that entail, exactly? I haven't seen anything to suggest he hasn't acted like a senior player.
I recall the game mate, in the end the relationship broke down. Can we agree on this?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Not sure you had a proper look. Most seasons it was worse then what Pogba had during his time here.

You have so many players to prove your point and go with Robbo who was on top of that, in terms of mentality, fighting spirit and consistency, miles better.

fergiesarmy1

I watched Robson play in some pretty dreadful United teams. Far worse than what we see before us today. He dragged those sides along kicking and screaming. Pogba will never be that player and we wont ever see him leading our team - accept it. He is immensely talented but he is not worthy of being called a leader just because he demonstrated some leadership traits on a couple of occasions. I'll be pleased to see the back of him and his entourage - let some other club deal with it.
I’d love Robbo to come out with his views on Pogba when the coast is clear :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
I recall the game mate, in the end the relationship broke down. Can we agree on this?
Oh, definitely, but I don't think it's fair to put any blame on Pogba for Mourinho's sacking. Mourinho has himself to blame there.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I wont miss Pogba for a single minute, because I long ago gave up on the idea that we will ever see the player we want him to be on a consistent basis. I absolutely do not equate this situation in any way with the notion that we aren't a big enough club for him.

I also don't think that we are turning into a 'nothing club' just because we've gone a few years without winning the title after dominating the league for 20 years before that. Those are gloryhunters words. What I can assure you is that for any question you may ask about how United get back to winning titles again, Paul Pogba will not be the answer to any of them.
You don't want to see reality. Ok.

Maybe a few more years of the same things, seeing our other best players leave will wake you up then.

fergiesarmy1

Oh, defintiely, but I don't think it's fair to put any blame on Pogba for Mourinho's sacking. Mourinho has himself to blame there.
It would have been taken into account, I think Ed is so desperate for Pogba to work out because it looks bad on him another disappointing superstar signing failing that it would have been player over manager if it was either or.

fergiesarmy1

You don't want to see reality. Ok.

Maybe a few more years of the same things, seeing our other best players leave will wake you up then.
Love this argument, so because a lot of people have had enough of one player and the circus around him we deserve obscurity and failure :rolleyes:

dirkey

Is there any thread with a poll on Pogba? I know there's one with a poll on whether people want Ole around. I wonder what the split is on keep / sell Pogba?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
You might not have noticed but our injury record is atrocious and whispers are our medically team is a joke (who’s surprised) we continue to not hire the best in the business and it’s gradually taking its toll on the club.

As for De Gea he’s done exactly the same; the fat bloke is just a lot more blunt with his business. But we all loved it when he was throwing chairs for Mkhitaryan.
The problem with supporters like you is that you are all too ready to believe anything negative you hear about the club. Medical team are a joke, the board and the manager clueless, the whole club is a joke. Some self-serving agent comes out with some negatives and you drink it up. Its one thing being critical about certain things, but its quite another to go out and seek the negatives and accept them unquestionably like you appear to do. There are too many of you on this forum nowadays.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It would have been taken into account, I think Ed is so desperate for Pogba to work out because it looks bad on him another disappointing superstar signing failing that it would have been player over manager if it was either or.
Yeah, it was was probably taken into account as you say, but I think had Mourinho not self-destructed, and/or turned us into a title winning team (which is why he was brought in), I think Ed would've been less inclined to side with the talent (as Pogba wasn't the only one who had a problem with him) than a manager who not only wasn't producing a good team depsite a lot of resources most clubs would die for, but constantly shitting on the club in general on top of that.

red4ever 79

Will have an ankle op. Expected to be about 3-4 weeks. Different injury to the one he was out with previously. Confirmed by Ole today.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Please stop this. We're fans, we look at it from that perspective. He hasn't been good enough during his time here, and he's been disrespectful to the club. Do you think he takes the time to consider fans perspective?

Professionalism isn't that much to ask for. If he believes he has some devine right to play for winning teams he and his loud mouth agent should have inserted a clause in his contract.

He's not being held hostage at the club. It was understood that if Real paid a suitable fee he could go in this window. No one wants to pay up and he's trying to force the club to sell him at a cut price.
I agree that he should tell his agent to shut up, but I'm sympathetic to him forcing a move. All the fans here are moaning about our manager and the state of our squad and club. Can't expect players not to have feelings about it as well.