Is there a way to get more out of Antony?

Mike Smalling

Ashley Young and Valencia had zero back 4 experience before they were converted. Same as Jesus Navas and Lucas Vazquez.

I agree about the pace though. He’s finished then.
That's true, and I do think we saw at lot of examples of poor positioning and reading of the game as a result - at least in Valencia's case after he was converted. But he made up for it with great pace and physicality. They were also both very good professionals and had lots of Premier League experience before they were switched.

Lee565

Ashley Young and Valencia had zero back 4 experience before they were converted. Same as Jesus Navas and Lucas Vazquez.

Also he doesn't necessarily even need to be used as a left back either, in this day and age where inverted full backs are used, we could try him as an inverted right back

arthurka

There are many methods to fixing constipation. But this guy seems really clogged up. So getting the best out might be a bit rich.

soapythecat

Joke of a player. Worst purchase ever I think considering cost and output. Not even a championship player. We are stuck with him unless a Saudi club offer £10m or something crazy low

Bondi77

I think the question should be;
Is there a way of getting Antony out of the door?

berbasloth4

A bit out there but think he could possibly be converted to an emergency left back. Obvious the centre half’s and amarat doesn’t really work.

he works hard he can tackle he is mobile and is left footed and possibly offer outlet getting forward a bit too??

Devil81

He's literally just good at the technically slow passing build up. His close control is good but he has little to nothing else to his game.

KjaAnd

No, totally incapable of beating his man. He might have had some use in the Dutch league where players are slower and weaker, but he’s of no use here.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
A bit out there but think he could possibly be converted to an emergency left back. Obvious the centre half’s and amarat doesn’t really work.

he works hard he can tackle he is mobile and is left footed and possibly offer outlet getting forward a bit too??
Imagine him defending the back post for headers? It simply wouldn’t work.

berbasloth4

Imagine him defending the back post for headers? It simply wouldn’t work.
young and Valencia had similar problems when they were learning the role. Not have a bit more mobility at lb seems to be messing up balance hopefully wan bissaka back soon like expected

RikRuud

Play him on the left wing for the remainder of his time here. Get some crosses whipped in. He's not going to start beating his man down the right now so maybe we can make use of the cutbacks on his natural side. Other than that, I'm at a loss.

RedIan

Just sell him back to Ajax, they didnt want to loose him. Take the hit. £40m back from £90 would be a result.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

This man doesn't have 1/10th of the ability, physicality or intelligence that both Young and especially Valencia had.

EireRed_GS

Would he work any good as a CF i wonder? At least we wouldnt be pulling our hair out watching him run down alleys on the wing only pull it back and pass it infield every time / lose the ball.

He has a half decent shot on him. If we could just teach him to hit it first time theres a slight chance he could ease the burden on Hojlund.

Or am I grasping at straws here:nervous:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Would he work any good as a CF i wonder? At least we wouldnt be pulling our hair out watching him run down alleys on the wing only pull it back and pass it infield every time / lose the ball.

He has a half decent shot on him. If we could just teach him to hit it first time theres a slight chance he could ease the burden on Hojlund.

Or am I grasping at straws here:nervous:
You are.
Get rid.