Is there any way back into our side for Alexis Sanchez?

reddevil80

I think there is. He needs to restore his self belief which could restore some of our faith in him. The likes of Chong and Greenwood, even maybe Gomes won't get as much game time as we think they have earned. We will need him to challenge Lingard or Mata for their positions as I can see him pushing for either a number 10 or 8 position. He will not be used as a number 9 in my eyes. If he can get fit again, and more importantly keep fit, he will give OGS another option.

Web of Bissaka

It's the hope that kills you.

Love to be proven wrong, this is a bad bet though.

Unfortunately I can see him being given chances after chances ans end up failing all of it. Then given another and another. Chances where better serve if we give it to the likes of Greenwood, Gomes and Chong. After seeing Sanchez mercifully given special treatment, Gomes decided to refuse signing new contract and left...

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I'd rather see him than Lingard in current form supporting our attackers, but that's not saying much at all.

Cockney Phil

This shabby transfer has caused nothing but trouble throughout the club and caused huge disappointment for the fans who wanted several ‘new’ players to liven up a weak squad. Instead we got a known troublemaker, to join an already troubled squad and threw a big FU at the remains of a salary structure that led to better players to leave or down tools and sulk. Fella and Ander at least tried after he arrived but from his first touch he’s been crap. If Ole is to get a proper fresh start he has to go and the idiot who signed the deal with him.

jesperjaap

If he played like Alexis Sanchez pre-signing, of course, he would be our best player. Been a massive fan watching him since Udinese so it is sad to say but we should be paying him off to leave. His salary has caused so many problems for other greedy players (not his fault) and his performances been so woeful (his fault) that we should be doing all we can to get him off the books even if it means a pay off.

Eric's Seagull

This shabby transfer has caused nothing but trouble throughout the club and caused huge disappointment for the fans who wanted several ‘new’ players to liven up a weak squad. Instead we got a known troublemaker, to join an already troubled squad and threw a big FU at the remains of a salary structure that led to better players to leave or down tools and sulk. Fella and Ander at least tried after he arrived but from his first touch he’s been crap. If Ole is to get a proper fresh start he has to go and the idiot who signed the deal with him.
Totally sagree with you. £26m for 1 league goal all season is embarrassing. Personally I just want him gone.:annoyed:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Possibly - but only through the middle as a striker/false 9. His pace is gone for out wide.

We will find it hard to move him on with his wages, so might as well give it a go

K13

The number of hamstring injuries is a concern. Is he able to play at the intensity we now need?

It would be wonderful if he could because he is a class player whom has just lost his way.

Andersons Dietician

Alexis being the Alexis we used to see in the league would fit in easily. With his style of play, workrate and harassing opposition he’d be perfect but does that Alexis still exist.

He once had the highest tackles by any forward in Europe so he can press and we know he can score goals and assist it’s just can he do it in the red of United.

crossy1686

career ending
There's no way back for him now and he'd be gone already if anyone was willing to take him. Best we can hope for is a Brendon Rodgers type character has the arrogance to think he can get the best out of him again and takes him on loan, if not, we're stuck with him.

Kemizee

If anyone still thinks he has something to offer after the last season and a half, well less said the better. He was diabolical, and the reason is that physically he's done.
This! He is lacking in sufficient physically energy and there is no way back for him I'm afraid.

Eric's Seagull

It's highly bonus incentivised though isn't it, like all our other players.

Based on his performances I doubt he got close to that amount.
Oh right. I've just read he's on anything from £300,000 to £400,000 basic per week plus £75,000 appearance bonus. So not sure exactly what he is on. Whatever it is, it is still stupid money for 1 league goal.

JG3001

Gotta play as a CF or not at all. If there’s any way to offload him and invest elsewhere then it’s a no brainer. But at those wages can’t see him going.

Luke1995

Given that he hasn't turned 31 yet, he could have one or two good seasons left in him but it is a tough ask to expect him to compete with the young kids coming up.

hobbers

No. He'll probably have at least 5 extended periods of injury this season even with next to no play time, and they'll all be muscle related.

fps

No. He's a Rooney, a short, dynamic, hot-blooded workaholic. It's simply not sustainable into the late 20s, the only workable example of someone who was like that and succeeded I can think of is Ribery, and he was much cleverer and did much more while not giving as much at the very sharp end.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he plays as a 9/10 in a high press he might be ok but he’s awful on the wing.

He’s behind Rashford and possibly martial also, so he’s going to have to be happy with cup appearances.

Champagne Football

Can't believe Chinese clubs aren't all over him. He still has a lot to offer in China. If he stays he most certainly won't be a starter. He's past his peak.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
What's the situation on his latest injury btw?

Regardless of that though, I can't see a way back for him no.

If we do play him though, I hope it is as a striker, or even in the number 10 position.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Not a chance.

He’s just here to collect, and it’s been painfully obvious for a long time already.

dogwithabone

Perhaps I’m in the minority but I’d work on trying to get the team playing to his strengths. He can still be a top player with two or three years left in him. Sanchez isn’t an unwilling footballer, he’s not a sulker who will go on strike or kick up a stink at being left out and with the often volatile squad we’ve had in the last few seasons that in itself is a starting point.

He’s worth one more try in my opinion.

paulscholes18

No, he’s finished at the highest level, showed signs of decline in his last season at Arsenal and gone down hill ever since

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Not a chance.

He’s just here to collect, and it’s been painfully obvious for a long time already.
Im against him still being here, but what I will say is this. There has never been a lack of trying or effort on behalf of Sanchez. Dont mistake a fall in ability for a lack of trying. Every time hes on the pitch he tries to put a shift in.

Al-T

Hard to escape the conclusion that he is anything but a spent force and is unlikely to be able to replicate his form from his Arsenal days.

Aging, injury prone and on a long and lucrative contract, that will dissuade other clubs - he'll be here for years yet keeping Phil Jones company in the treatment room.

A white elephant.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He'll get his chances, especially if we don't replace Lukaku. As poor as he is now, it's not like he's got a top class forward line blocking his path either.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Just imagine though if we were to get a firing Sanchez again even if it was for one great year like we got from van Persie. That would be awesome. I hope we give him one more chance with the new squad before giving up on him altogether.

redMundo

I have limited amount of posts so I’ll just re post what I said in the newbies a few days ago......

He looks finished but I’d always wonder what might have been if we don’t give him an extended run in a central position.

Sanchez is not a Rooney body type or athlete. He’s still in top physical condition and isn’t THAT old.
You don’t just lose ability but maybe he needs a different route to deliver it.
The agility, speed and confidence isn’t there anymore for him to be expected to pick the ball up wide and beat men to make things happen.

He’s still technically better than lukaku and might profit from the likes of Rashford, Martial and James buzzing around him.

Sanchez is actually very good in the air, can still turn on a sixpence with his low centre of gravity and his movement is clever. Playing centrally would open up his options and make him less easy to predict.

Confidence can be an underestimated factor in a footballers performance sometimes.

He might be finished. But I think it’s at least worth giving him a fighting chance as the rewards for us could be huge.

We don’t have much to lose anyway because shifting him on that contract won’t be happening any time soon.

All is not lost yet.

AkaAkuma

I think theres a chance he could do a job as a striker, but I think the issue is that you can't pay a backup that amount of money. If an offer presents its self then I think he'll be gone.